0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Cold Bore
    0%

This was probably the best episode of the series so far; I like how all the main characters are adjusting to the "team" mentality. Of them all, my fave is probably Ray; Brandon Routh is so much better with that compared to "Superman Returns". Wentworth always does a great job as Snart, but I'm really warming (pardon the pun) to Dominic Purcell as Mick. He does so much with stares and brief dialogue...but you can tell there's more to him than pyromania.

Comment

Lots of tensions and different relationships bring out different sides of these characters that you don't see in Arrow and Flash. I hope Valentina becomes Negative Woman.

Comment

More plot pot holes than a Michigan highway, but another amazing episode. When I first heard the line-up for this show I was beyond skeptical, but now I think the casting was brilliant. The humor on this show is wonderful, Ray and Snart are perfect together, who saw that coming. Jax is the only one I haven't warmed up to yet, but he came a long way in tonight's episode. Arrow writers please explain to me again how it was a good idea to let Sara get away from you, and while you're at it watch a few of Legends fight scenes, because yours are terrible.
        Last edited by Carmine-Infantino; 02-11-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Legends continues to impress.

The infiltration of the Pentagon was an interesting storyline, and I have to say I liked the Chuck reference from Brandon Routh’s Ray. The fact he ended up a janitor alongside Snart was amusing, and not at all glamorous. For someone who, like Dr. Stein, suffers from a serious case of ego, that had to be quite the blow. But that wasn’t the only blow to Dr. Palmer’s ego tonight, as Leonard Snart, career criminal and high school drop-out, managed to woo the lovely Dr. Vostock where Palmer failed. Talk about a blow to one’s ego.

The argument between Dr. Stein and Jax finally boils over and we discover the reason Stein has pushed Jax so hard is because he does not want to lose another partner as he lost Ronnie. Stein’s decision to go into the field as a separate half and, upon discovering the experiment’s true nature, his attempt to retrieve the thermos-core to stop the Soviet attempt at Firestorm was a good bit of character development.

Sara and Kendra: Rip is smarter than he lets on, I think. He knew that both needed help thanks to Sara talking to him about the bloodlust in the last episode and Kendra’s own freak-out, and being able to judge the character of the two, he knew they would bring out what was needed in each other. Both are a mentor to each other; Sara to Kendra’s warrior side, and Kendra to Sara’s human side. However, I will say that Kendra was off just a bit; I half-expected Sara to point out she didn’t spend half her life training as a warrior. But in the grand scheme of things, I can do without that line. Just was irritating since it came with the whole, “I was a barista until. . .” spiel. Seriously, Kendra, Sara was just a college girl until she decided to get on the Gambit. Get over the whole barista thing already!

Mick and Rip’s team up to go find Chronos was interesting, as it gave us a chance to see how Mick operates without Snart there to call the shots for him. Prior to now, he’s been heavily implied to be an incredibly impulsive character more likely to wander off after the first shiny thing that crosses his path. But he not only recognized what was happening and warned Rip, but despite his plan to avoid the whole thing, chose to help Rip out in the end alongside Firestorm. The Time Masters are beginning to irritate me, though. Oh, let’s preserve the timeline even though everyone’s getting screwed over! After all, the madman can’t touch us here in our little corner of the timestream. Who cares what happens to the rest of humanity? It’d be nice if that body got dissolved. . . by their own bounty hunter’s weapon. Am I evil? Probably. But if anyone’s irrelevant to the timestream. . .

Snart continues to show a sense of honor and integrity buried beneath the criminal shell, and I am interested to see how things play out.

All in all, a very solid episode and I have to say that, of the characters on the team, the ones I’m most interested to see change as the show continues are Sara, Mick, and Snart.

This one gets a 10/10 because it had everything needed: character development, action, story being moved forward, minimal melodrama. Guggenheim and Mericle should take some pointers from the guy appointed as showrunner for Legends.

Comment

Snart is probably my favorite character by far on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
              Snart is probably my favorite character by far on the show.
              He made this episode. The whole wallet stealing thing cracked me up.

I also liked that Rory may seem like a mindless lunk but in the ways of the criminal, he is pretty astute. They are giving him a bit more depth and that's always a good thing.

I could have done without the Canary/Hawkgirl sections, and hearing Jax/Stein bickering constantly is getting on my nerves. I get the tension but I'm not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
                Lots of tensions and different relationships bring out different sides of these characters that you don't see in Arrow and Flash. I hope Valentina becomes Negative Woman.
                Or can we just get the whole Doom Patrol??
                Last edited by shadow4486; 02-12-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

All the character dynamics are making me happy. Plus, as a Doctor Who fan, it's great to see Arthur Darvill play something related, yet different. While I'm on the subject, though, I have to say the Time Masters are amateur pricks compared to the Time Lords. The Time Lords brought arrogant, self-righteous obliviousness to the level of performance art.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
                    Or can we just get the whole Doom Patrol??
                    How would you do robotman?

Comment

This show is quite fun to watch, if you don't concern yourself with questions like how much has the current timeline been altered by what the team has been doing in 75 or 86.

And now we are left with a situation where Wentworth's character has to help Dominic's escape a prison. Where have I heard that one before?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                        This show is quite fun to watch, if you don't concern yourself with questions like how much has the current timeline been altered by what the team has been doing in 75 or 86.

And now we are left with a situation where Wentworth's character has to help Dominic's escape a prison. Where have I heard that one before?
                        [SPOILER]"It's not my first Prison Break[/SPOILER]

Comment

The Pentagon break-in was the episode's weak spot. Instead of going to all this trouble, to steal a file, just have Ray shrink. Ray even points out that he could've just done that (and no reason is given why they didn't go with the simpler idea).

Thankfully, the episode really picked up when we got to the Soviet Union. I really liked the discovery of Savage and the Russians trying to create their own Firestorm. It really shows some effect to the timeline, by the team's presence and actions.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎