No announcement yet.

Another one gone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one gone

Seem's like DC have taken another character out of the TV universe with Guggenheim saying that Deathstroke is "currently tied up with another DC project" when he was asked if he'd return to Arrow this season.

Source - http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/pos...lade-or-walter

As much as I hated the way they treated Slade last season for DC to flat out refuse to allow a character that was truly established within the TV universe (more then all the other's we've had removed) is ridiculous. They already were selling Deathstroke collectibles that were called Arrow: Deathstroke so I can't understand any possibly logic behind not allowing him to return.

Originally posted by Lipzo
    Seem's like DC have taken another character out of the TV universe with Guggenheim saying that Deathstroke is "currently tied up with another DC project" when he was asked if he'd return to Arrow this season.

Source - http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/pos...lade-or-walter

As much as I hated the way they treated Slade last season for DC to flat out refuse to allow a character that was truly established within the TV universe (more then all the other's we've had removed) is ridiculous. They already were selling Deathstroke collectibles that were called Arrow: Deathstroke so I can't understand any possibly logic behind not allowing him to return.
    They've already shown that it's possible to have Deadshot still in TV with his appearance on the Flash this week, sure he wasn't Deadshot but it was still Lawton and Barry did call him Deadshot. DC establishing the multiverse for their Movie/TV universe makes any "off limits" characters a joke since they aren't following the rules they themselves are setting.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      They've already shown that it's possible to have Deadshot still in TV with his appearance on the Flash this week, sure he wasn't Deadshot but it was still Lawton and Barry did call him Deadshot. DC establishing the multiverse for their Movie/TV universe makes any "off limits" characters a joke since they aren't following the rules they themselves are setting.
      Suicide Squad movie isn't out yet so there was time still and if you noted, they killed their Earth 2 NotsoDeadshot.

Comment

Just a thought.... didn't Slade have a role in Teen Titans, the cartoon? If the plan is to still adapt that storyline, it could be Teen Titans is the DC project he's tied up in. If it ends up being on the CW, well.... just saying. Amanda Waller is obviously not happening, but they said "currently tied up" rather than "can't use him, period". Also, if it was the case of Deathstroke appearing in a film... wouldn't they bring Manu back for an episode for someone to kill? That seems to be their M.O., just saying.

Comment

Manu is currently tied up with he series so just from a scheduling standpoint, it seems unlikely but more than that, he's locked away on the island so he's safely out of commission. I'd really hope that they don't burn that bridge by randomly saying one day that Slade was dead.

Actually, I'd love the beginning of a story arch with Slade that started with the report of his death but we find out it was faked and he was coming after them for his revenge!!! Or because he's been going to AA meetings (Hi, I'm Slade and I'm a revenge addict.) and wanted to make amends - I'd watch either way.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
            Just a thought.... didn't Slade have a role in Teen Titans, the cartoon? If the plan is to still adapt that storyline, it could be Teen Titans is the DC project he's tied up in. If it ends up being on the CW, well.... just saying. Amanda Waller is obviously not happening, but they said "currently tied up" rather than "can't use him, period". Also, if it was the case of Deathstroke appearing in a film... wouldn't they bring Manu back for an episode for someone to kill? That seems to be their M.O., just saying.
            Manu is "tied up" with the Shannara Chronicles which was something like a 21 book series so that show COULD run for a long time depending on what MTV wants to do with those books.

Comment

The character name may be there but they aren't the comic book character at all. Earth 2 is an exact opposite of Earth 1 pretty much at this point so I don't think you can use that as an example.
              As for Baryy calling him Deadshot, that would be because of what he previously knew him as just like how Barry was calling everyone he knew by the names he knew them by.

Manu is "tied up" with the Shannara Chronicles which was something like a 21 book series so that show COULD run for a long time depending on what MTV wants to do with those books.
              If I remember correctly then Allanon ends up dying in the books fairly early on so he won't be around for that long.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. Probably means no chances of us getting him in a Teen Titans appearance either. So sad. Because of WB/DC we've already lost Waller and Deadshot, and Quinn was simply "taken off the table" after Amell and others have said they had plans for her character. Sigh. I wish WB would keep their hands out of Televisions business when it comes to the CW's plans. Just think how much better any of their current shows could be.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎