Agent Carter #2.4 "Smoke and Mirrors"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter #2.4 "Smoke and Mirrors"

1 Hour 55 Minutes

I enjoyed this episode. The flashbacks were entertaining, even if they were a wee bit confusing (timeline wise).

So Peggy was a wild child. Also, it was nice to see her brother.

Jarvis trying to be all smooth and covert was great. My love for James D'arcy grows daily. Hee. When he talked about using the tranq gun to subdue Stark's koala? *giggles*

Whitney's childhood being one of benign neglect.

Jarvis and his American accent return (and it's still terrible!). And then the poor man gets tranq'd by accident. The scene where Daniel sees him squished against the window just made me LOL.

Sousa finding out what Peggy did (so she's officially on vacation? Interesting.) and helping her out.

Peggy had a fiance?! And was a girly girl? I'm not sure which of those is more surprising.

Howard Stark tried to find a cure for the common cold and came up with the opposite? *nods* I believe it.

Whitney's mother teaching her that her looks are all that matter.

A Roxxon mention! Yay.

Vernon crashing the party and calling off the raid. Ooo, this will not end well for him.

Okay, I'm a little confused about Peggy's brother Michael. I mean, he's the father of Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece, right? (Whom we saw in Winter Solider.) If he's deceased how can he father Sharon? I mean, I guess Michael could have already been married or had a kid but they didn't seem to indicate that. So yeah, confused.

The idea of Michael's death being the reason she goes to war was a nice one, and very telling for her motivations.

Whitney killing the guy they had made squeal and at last the husband is in on the secret.

So yeah, solid episode but the thing I enjoyed most was learning more about Peggy's background (as well as Whitney'd). And Jarvis continues to delight.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      Okay, I'm a little confused about Peggy's brother Michael. I mean, he's the father of Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece, right? (Whom we saw in Winter Solider.) If he's deceased how can he father Sharon? I mean, I guess Michael could have already been married or had a kid but they didn't seem to indicate that. So yeah, confused.
      Considering the age difference, Michael would more likely be Sharon's grandfather. I went back and rewatched the scene about Peggy's engagement party (to see if he was wearing a wedding ring), however, his left hand was concealed by the table for most of the scene. So, it's possible that he was married and his wife got pregnant, before he went back to the front. Meaning, he would have a child, born in 1941. If he wasn't married, he could've had a girlfriend, who got pregnant and had the baby after Michael's death.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Considering the age difference, Michael would more likely be Sharon's grandfather.
        True.

I went back and rewatched the scene about Peggy's engagement party (to see if he was wearing a wedding ring), however, his left hand was concealed by the table for most of the scene. So, it's possible that he was married and his wife got pregnant, before he went back to the front. Meaning, he would have a child, born in 1941. If he wasn't married, he could've had a girlfriend, who got pregnant and had the baby after Michael's death.
        I thought about that, that Michael might have been married but in that case I think Peggy would have mentioned something about his widow (also, wouldn't the War Department have informed his wife, not his mother? Not sure how that worked.). But he might have had a girlfriend, that's true. I just wish they'd been clearer, in this episode, or set up his connection to Sharon better, I guess?

Comment

Watched Civil War earlier today, but it didn't offer any answer concerning Sharon's connection to Michael.

Comment

In the Agents of SHIELD episode "Emancipation" (season 3), Coulson reads Peggy Carter's obituary. According to it, Peggy only had one sibling: her brother, Michael. So, Michael would have to be Sharon's grandfather.

Comment

It's really useful post, thanks for sharing your information
              See more details

America Email List

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡