No announcement yet.

Amanda Waller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amanda Waller

There is not too much things happening in "Arrow" as the show which make me interested/annoyed/emotional in any way/drawn into it any more, and I'm watching more out of the sentiment toward what this show used to be more than anything else.

But the way they did get rid of one of few consistent female characters, strong and charismatic, it's not something I can get over with easily. Especially that it happened solely because "Suicide Squad" film is coming this year, and apparently the viewers are so stupid that can't tell the difference between two versions of the same character. In multiversum. Really? Really?

As the viewer it makes me to not want to see DC films and CW shows for some time at least. I'm probably in minority, because who the hell cares for Amanda Waller? But from my point of view, while in Flarrow she was certainly not a person/character you can like, she provided the necessary gray layer in the world which is supposed to be not all black and white. A ruthless, calculating woman, the leader of an organization, which was sometimes an ally, sometimes an opponent to the main hero. There must be a conflict present if this story is supposed to be interesting. But well, since those people are changing "Arrow" into a cheap romance since like two seasons, why I'm not surprised that they removed Amanda Waller permanently? The old rule is - no body=character can come back. After the shot straight to the head - well, maybe NOT that likely.

Not to mention that Cynthia Addai-Robinson stood out from the average level of acting in "Arrow" and I always enjoyed her performances.

So, from the point of view of a disappointed fan what "Arrow" did with one of its minor character finally made me tick off the show and make me to not want watch it regularly any more.

Sorry for the chaotic post, just a few loose thoughts I needed to share.

Whatever you feel Arrow is trying to become, I don't think it had anything to do with why Waller was killed. Like you pointed out already, they were forced to kill off some characters because they lost the rights to use them. Waller and Deadshot included. It's just how they contracts were written up for the movie. Stupid IMO, but not a reflection on Arrow.

Comment

It's always to do with copyrights. That being said, Waller's death was so sudden and random. There's no way that she can just die like that!

Comment

Actually I believe that what Amarice was getting at is that Arrow has been going downhill since season 3 and with DC having Amanda Waller killed off in Arrow it's the final straw for him/her. Not that the change in the show was responsible with Waller's death, just that it was what has tipped Amarice over the edge and they've decided to no longer watch Arrow regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
          Actually I believe that what Amarice was getting at is that Arrow has been going downhill since season 3 and with DC having Amanda Waller killed off in Arrow it's the final straw for him/her. Not that the change in the show was responsible with Waller's death, just that it was what has tipped Amarice over the edge and they've decided to no longer watch Arrow regularly.
          Her. I have my gender marked in the profile btw. I know, it's not so obvious in English.

Actually it was a general rant, on the show's condition and the fact that they ill-used Amanda Waller as the character and send her off that way solely because of DC/WB's policy. I've noticed that viewers in general were not that fond of this version. Quite true, that the actress is very young and her becoming the director of A.R.G.U.S. in her early twenties is as believable as Felicity becoming CEO of Palmer Tech. However, I can easily imagine that the character is a few years older than the actress playing her, so the other way around like with Stephen Amell, who is older a few years than Oliver. So, if she was appointed in her late twenties/early thirties to be the boss of A.R.G.U.S. it could work IMO.

As I know myself I'll catch up with the show sooner or later, more to read the discussion on this forum than anything else (love all of those crazy speculations).

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎