No announcement yet.

Justice League (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
    Remember the "Slowly I Turned" sketch? It's not exclusive to Lucy, but the trigger word there was "Martha."

Just to elaborate further, it's the idea that one word - in this case, "Martha" - can make a person snap.
    Wow. I totally did NOT remember that. She was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
      Didn't at least one of the letters even say, "You let your family die"? It makes sense, since Lex obviously knew Bruce was Batman.
      Yes, one of the letters did say that. The lettering was so indicative of Joker, that when I saw it in the trailers, I assumed it was him. Later, we found out it was Lex. But I'm wondering if it was Lex just plain old tormenting him or if he was tormenting him while pretending to be the Joker.

... and the thought just snuck into my head, could he have even used the Joker to send the letters?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        Yes, one of the letters did say that. The lettering was so indicative of Joker, that when I saw it in the trailers, I assumed it was him. Later, we found out it was Lex. But I'm wondering if it was Lex just plain old tormenting him or if he was tormenting him while pretending to be the Joker.

... and the thought just snuck into my head, could he have even used the Joker to send the letters?
        There was so little explanation, anything's possible. Maybe he bought Joker's teeth in exchange for sending the letters.

By the way, I didn't think about any of this while watching the movie, but what I meant about the "You let your family die" part was that it was a reference to Robin. So, it could be intentionally Joker-style.

Comment

It would probably help to know if Suicide Squad takes place before or after BvS, because then we'd know what Joker's status is in this universe; if he's free, in jail, etc... We know it takes place after MoS, because of Waller's line about Superman from the trailers.

Comment

I wonder if the plot of SS will be the same as the assault on arkham animated movie.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
              I wonder if the plot of SS will be the same as the assault on arkham animated movie.
              Speculation based on rumors and what we've seen from the trailers is that it isn't, though some of the dynamics are similar. It sounds like the plot goes something like...

Harley Quinn's backstory
              "Normal" Enchantress finds her power and turns evil
              Waller recruits the team
              Harley and Deadshot are the primary focus
              Joker is the wild card and will make a play for Enchantress's power (and probably get it)

If I had to make a guess, the movie save will come by the way of Harley Quinn having to choose between siding with Joker or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                Speculation based on rumors and what we've seen from the trailers is that it isn't, though some of the dynamics are similar. It sounds like the plot goes something like...

Harley Quinn's backstory
                "Normal" Enchantress finds her power and turns evil
                Waller recruits the team
                Harley and Deadshot are the primary focus
                Joker is the wild card and will make a play for Enchantress's power (and probably get it)

If I had to make a guess, the movie save will come by the way of Harley Quinn having to choose between siding with Joker or not.
                That's impressive man.

I remember a couple years back you predicted the plot of Amazing Spider Man 2 in advance, but I was too lazy to check after seeing the movie whether or not you had nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                  That's impressive man.

I remember a couple years back you predicted the plot of Amazing Spider Man 2 in advance, but I was too lazy to check after seeing the movie whether or not you had nailed it.
                  I mean, I could be wrong, but trailers give so much away nowadays, and studio films are so predictable, that it's usually easy to know everything a movie is about before seeing it. For example, I'm guessing that Joker ends up taking the Enchantress's power because I don't believe for a second that WB would make a tiny, female, model the big bad of a summer blockbuster with Joker in it. That's just not something I picture a stuffed suit allowing to happen. Deadshot will probably get a lot of screentime because it's Will Smith and he commands a big paycheck.

Comment

Delevigne said the three women have the best roles in the film.

Comment

Julian Lewis Jones is playing someone in Justice League.

Comment

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Last edited by Halberdier17; 07-23-2016, 12:43 PM. Reason: It was uploaded to YouTube

Comment

Loving the tone shift. Geeking out pretty hard right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                                Sweeter!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍