Justice League (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Synopsis:

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Comment

Character Logos

Comment

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act,
          Wait a minute. So they were going somewhere with Superman and Batman's darker versions in BvS? Who would have thunk?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Wait a minute. So they were going somewhere with Superman and Batman's darker versions in BvS? Who would have thunk?
            I mean.... What happened in BvS that would restore Bruce's faith in humanity? An Amazon and Kryptonian saved the day against a creature that was unleashed by a human. And why did Superman losing his life in a fight against a creature that was specifically created to kill Superman inspire Batman?

That movie is just so muddled, and their whole film-verse is turning into this reactionary metamare. They pretended BvS was the plan all along to address the critically panned destruction in MoS, when we all know it wasn't. Now, they're going to pretend like the plan all along was to go lighter based on what happened in BvS. I like that they have the stones enough to admit that they were wrong, but that fact that they are this out of touch with reality gives me little hope that they'll right this ship in a satisfying way.
            Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 06-23-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              What happened in BvS that would restore Bruce's faith in humanity?
              Martha.
              Last edited by DA_Champion; 06-24-2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                Martha.
                Part of me wonders how that movie would have changed if Batman's mother's name was June. It's such a stupid connection, and not obviously interchangeable with anything else, that they probably would have actually had to do the work of building a better connection just to make it work. The name of a throwaway character whose only significant contribution to 70 years of comic book history is that she got killed probably completely changed the most important part of that movie. Kinda wild.

Comment

I don't know if I discussed it here, but I discussed it elsewhere.

If Snyder felt compelled to show an origin for this Batman, the better choice would have been to show Robin getting killed. That would have explained *this* Batman, why he's so angry, psychotic, and he just generally doesn't give a ****. It would have also been distinct. Instead we had the phoney melodrama of the Wayne death scene at the start, which was very poorly done, and also made the weird choice of turning Thomas Wayne into a goon.

There's another issue. In the movie there's a 0.5 second shot where we see Robin's suit and it's damaged. It communicates to us superfans that Robin is dead in this universe, that Bruce kept the suit as a memento, and how it probably drives his anger. We understand what Robin's damaged suit meant. But the general audience? I'm sure they did not have the slightest clue.

Comment

You know what I thought was an odd choice? That Robin suit had haha graffiti on it that reminded me of the letters Luthor was sending to Bruce. Was the implication that Lex was posing as Joker when he sent those letters?

Comment

You know what I thought was an odd choice? That Robin suit had haha graffiti on it that reminded me of the letters Luthor was sending to Bruce. Was the implication that Lex was posing as Joker when he sent those letters?
                      I don't know, that didn't occur to me and I never noticed it.

I hope that's not supposed to count as a "layer".

Comment

The Martha bit was so strange it reminded me of I Love Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                          The Martha bit was so strange it reminded me of I Love Lucy.
                          Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                            I don't know, that didn't occur to me and I never noticed it.

I hope that's not supposed to count as a "layer".
                            Do you see it now, though? Or am I seeing something that isn't there?

Comment

Can you elaborate?
                              Remember the "Slowly I Turned" sketch? It's not exclusive to Lucy, but the trigger word there was "Martha."

Just to elaborate further, it's the idea that one word - in this case, "Martha" - can make a person snap.
                              Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 06-26-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Didn't at least one of the letters even say, "You let your family die"? It makes sense, since Lex obviously knew Bruce was Batman.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎