Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice League (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant be the only one who loves the J.K. Simmons casting. As if i needed any more reason to see this film!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
      I cant be only one who loves the J.K. Simmons casting. As if i needed any more reason to see this film!
      Many still wanted him to continue to play J. Johan Jameson (even if was in the MCU).

Comment

Chris Terrio talks about Justice League.

“Batman v Superman” is a bit of an “Empire Strikes Back” or “Two Towers” or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from “Man of Steel” through “Justice League,” it is one saga really.

I expect “Justice League” will be tonally not quite as dark as “Batman v Superman.” From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.

Comment

Gary Oldman was asked by Yahoo what his thoughts on JK Simmons playing Jim Gordon in Justice League. He said "God bless him. Good luck" before offering this advice.

“The thing you’ve just got to get used to with Gordon is he’s a really sound detective, first of all,” Oldman said. “And he’s really incorruptible, which is a kind of wonderful quality to play and sort of, like, true blue.”

“He’s like a Watson, oddly,” he continued. “He’s sort of like Watson to Sherlock, is Gordon to Batman.”

Comment

When Collider’s own Christina Radish recently spoke to J.K. Simmons in anticipation of the release of The Meddler in NY and L.A. on April 22nd, she touched on his preparation for playing such an iconic character as Commissioner Gordon, in this new DC film, asking if he’s been reading comics to prepare for the role:

Well, to read the comics, yes, absolutely. I’m still a couple of months out from doing that and I have two other films before then, so I haven’t gotten started on that. Obviously, a lot of really wonderful actors have played that character previously, and most of them I saw at the time the movies came out, never imagining that I would be doing the same thing. So, I can’t say that I don’t have some impression of that character in my head that’s based on what I saw, but I’m not planning on going back and watching any of the other films. I’m just planning on learning as much as I can about him through the comics and getting my feet wet in the first movie, and then hopefully continuing on from there.
            In terms of avoiding revisiting previous portrayals of the character, Simmons likened it to doing theater:

I take this from my days doing theater. If I was doing a musical, I would never listen to the cast album because I wanted to do my version of something. I’m sure there will be differences and similarities with what Gary Oldman or Pat Hingle have done before, but I’m just going to try to do my take on it and be as informed as I can about the rich history of the Batman universe, going into it.
            But Simmons already has some serious history with comics adaptations, as his iconic portrayal of another mustachioed stalwart is still fresh in viewers’ minds: that of J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Mantrilogy. For Simmons, however, the similarities between Gordon and Jameson begin and end with the facial hair:

There are easy comparisons to make. I wasn’t a big comic book reading kid, so I did a fair amount of reading when I was playing Jameson, who was very much the comic relief in those movies. Even in the comics, he was a blowhard who was all bark and very rarely bite. My understanding, from what I’ve learned so far about Commissioner Gordon, is that he’s the older guy with the mustache who relates with our hero in a certain way. Other than that, it’s a vastly different character and much more of a stronger, impactful character in the DC universe.
            http://collider.com/justice-league-j...don-interview/
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-19-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Willem Defoe joins the cast of Justice League.

Comment

Nice. Nothing wrong with the casting (JK Simmons!). Hopefully the story will be good as well.

Comment

Who's next? Tobey Maguire?

Comment

WB made Ben Affleck an Executive Producer on Justice League.

I'm not sure how involved he will be in decision making or how involved EPs usually are on movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                      http://deadline.com/2016/05/ben-affl...io-1201750654/

I'm not sure how involved he will be in decision making or how involved EPs usually are on movies.
                      Supposed to be involved creatively as well I think

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        http://deadline.com/2016/05/ben-affl...io-1201750654/

The rough translation is "Ben Affleck is in charge". That's how you should read this.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          The rough translation is "Ben Affleck is in charge". That's how you should read this.
                          Yes...and comic fans should be thrilled.

Comment

One day we'll know how this went behind the scenes.

And it will be fascinating.

I wonder if Zack Snyder remains director of JL, or if his status is reduced to DINO.

Comment

Smart PR move by DC. The heat is off Snyder (who I suspect will still be the director as planned) and now fans will have a new scapegoat when they don't like the JLA movie. We'll go from Goyer the hack (MOS) to Snyder the Superman hater (BvS) to Affleck *negative criticism TBD* (JLA).

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                                One day we'll know how this went behind the scenes.

And it will be fascinating.

I wonder if Zack Snyder remains director of JL, or if his status is reduced to DINO.
                                He will still be director of at least Justice League one which releases in theatres in November 2017.

That one is already filming on the WB lot in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎