• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
            The reddit spoilers don't sound too bad actually.
            If the spoilers are true, this movie will be even worse than MOS and BvS. The way Superman comes back is utterly retarded.

[SPOILER]JL being a bunch of gravediggers who have so little faith in themselves that they have to go and play Frankenstein with Superman using the Motherbox mcguffin??? That is just beyond pathetic writing. As much as I love Henry Cavill and think he was perfect for the part, I'll never be able to enjoy his character in any further sequels with the butchering they've done to it. It would have been better if this Superman just stayed dead and another one from some other universe saved the day if they needed him so badly... I just can't believe that the final insult to the character will be turning him into Frankenstein with bloody electricity.[/SPOILER][SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Oh, oh, oh, and [SPOILER]using the "Do you bleed" line is vomit inducing. These people are dense as a wall.[/SPOILER]
            Last edited by CKent/KalEl; 11-01-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CKent/KalEl
                  If the spoilers are true, this movie will be even worse than MOS and BvS. The way Superman comes back is utterly retarded.

[SPOILER]JL being a bunch of gravediggers who have so little faith in themselves that they have to go and play Frankenstein with Superman using the Motherbox mcguffin??? That is just beyond pathetic writing. As much as I love Henry Cavill and think he was perfect for the part, I'll never be able to enjoy his character in any further sequels with the butchering they've done to it. It would have been better if this Superman just stayed dead and another one from some other universe saved the day if they needed him so badly... I just can't believe that the final insult to the character will be turning him into Frankenstein with bloody electricity.[/SPOILER][SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Oh, oh, oh, and [SPOILER]using the "Do you bleed" line is vomit inducing. These people are dense as a wall.[/SPOILER]
                  Social media reactions are out and they are mostly positive. Flaws like narrative problems amd the theatrical cut feeling "rushed" are compensated by great chemistry between the actors and great acting in general. Besides, almost all reviewers agree the movie is tons of fun (long gone is the dark and somber tone of BvS ).

It may be not perfect, but it is exactly what DC Films needs to boost its future solo movies, especially with Aquaman, Flash and Womder Woman getting praised in JL by most critics.
                  Last edited by Mbruno; 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Happened to listen to the movie's soundtrack recently. Not sure how many improvements Whedon has made to Snyder's cut, but replacing Junkie XL with Danny Elfman isn't one of them. The only memorable part is the use of the iconic Batman and Superman themes. Everything else is awfully generic.

Comment

• already bought my tix for thursday night showing

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                        Happened to listen to the movie's soundtrack recently. Not sure how many improvements Whedon has made to Snyder's cut, but replacing Junkie XL with Danny Elfman isn't one of them. The only memorable part is the use of the iconic Batman and Superman themes. Everything else is awfully generic.
                        the original score, except for Wonder Woman score, were pretty forgetful.

Comment

• I don't know what to make of it . I haven't seen the movie yet, but read the spoilers ,which pretty much are now telling the whole movie (reading a detailed synopsis is different from seeing how it unfolds on the big screen though). Intial reactions were positive, but, in the past 24 hours, negative reviews have started to pile up, especially from some professional critics who seem to hate JL, but their anti-DCEU bias shows sometimes in their comments (as if they had a preconceived idea of where the movie flaws would be and are now digging for evidence to support it). There are still some reviewers who genuinely seem to have liked it though and others on the fence, who are not crazy about it, but are willling to give it a pass.

From the reviews, the leaks, and the reaction from early screenings, my feeling (no scientific polling here) is that JL is going to go better with the general audience than BvS and MoS, but will get an overall mixed to negative reaction from critics (no clue what the RT score will be; it can go either way), The big question is to what extent negative reaction from the critics can hurt positive fan hype/excitement and hurt the box office. I am not forecasting a big commercial success, but I hope it is enough for WB not to give up on the DCEU.

One thing I do know though is that, from what I've heard so far, I will most likely enjoy it, bad reviews notwithstanding,
                          Last edited by Mbruno; 11-14-2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Saw it a few hours ago. Thought it was okay. Better than BvS. On the topic of that movie, they seem to largely ignore that movie, with this one. [SPOILER]Examples being that we don't see Barry traveling back through time and Cyborg's origin is now said to have happened, after Superman died.[/SPOILER]

A positive with the fact that Snyder didn't oversee postproduction, is that we actually get to see colors in this one. Of course, at the same time, we see traces of Joss Whedon being the one tasked to complete the film. This means that the humor have been dialed up, of course (and not entirely in a good way).

On the topic of Ezra Miller. I thought he was better than Grant Gustin. Of course, Gustin's Barry always slows down, so regular baddies can beat him up. Miller's Barry is someone who [SPOILER]actually uses super speed as you'd expect (he just runs in, pushes people and runs away). He's never been in an actual battle, nor faced anyone who could move like him.[/SPOILER] That's what made the [SPOILER]moment between Barry and Clark so great. Barry tries the same thing he always does and realizes suddenly that Clark can actually see him and match his speed.[/SPOILER] Suddenly, simply being fast isn't going to fix a problem for him.

Unlike BvS, they thankfully avoided having a bunch of unnecessary subplots (that went nowhere) and went for a more simpler story. Though, I wish they had fleshed out some things. [SPOILER]I have no idea how Clark is able to reclaim his identity as Clark Kent. He died in BvS. There was a funeral for Clark Kent, with an open coffin.[/SPOILER]

I like the fact that [SPOILER]they ended the film on such a positive note. When this universe began in 2013, it was such a bleak world they presented us with. Now the world is brighter. This does tie into how characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are supposed to be symbols of hope. Through their actions, and the actions of the other heroes, the world feels warmer than it used to.[/SPOILER] Though, I'm not ready to consider this to be how they were always intending for things to go (you know they will insist that this was always the plan).

Finally, I liked that, [SPOILER]while these six heroes came together in this movie. They didn't officially became the Justice League and have a space station base (alt. Lunar base), by the end of the film.[/SPOILER] This is only the second time (the first being against Doomsday in BvS), that multiple heroes of this world have had to come together. The third, if you count the events of Suicide Squad. [SPOILER]It therefore goes to show that there are multiple threats (not just one) out there, that these superheroes (and others in this world) can't handle on their own and that the world need a standing team to handle them. So, after this incident, they begin to set up this "League". A space station, this early, would've been overkill.[/SPOILER]
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 11-15-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• I actually just read a review where someone said its the best DC movie since The Dark Knight. Im definitely looking forward to this one.

Comment

• Just got back from the theater. The best way to describe this movie is "easy and basic". Just like Wonder Woman was, with the only difference that WW actually took the time to explore a couple of themes. Justice League is a regular pop corn movie with little depth to it. Not that it's a bad thing. It's just DC doing what they were told: Being like marvel. Despite what a number of cast members said and despite what the credits say, this isn't a Zack Snyder movie. At least not entirely. It is in some parts (the impressive visuals are a giveaway), but the jokes even in the weirdest of times indicate Joss' involvement. In essence it's a Snyder-Whedon love child. And just like with many MCU movies, as fun as those 2 hours were, I don't feel compelled to go watch it again soon. IMO it lacked any kind of moment that was written, shot or scored in a manner that would made it feel epic. Some thoughts that involve spoilers:

[SPOILER]
                                - Just like with BvS, DC/WB once again shoot themselves on the foot with the time restraints. The introductions of Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash feel rushed and a number of scenes from the original trailer were cut out. I don't know how long Snyder's version was, but IMO they should have gone with 140-150 minutes instead of 110. You can't have it both ways: Introduce 3-4 major new characters and keep the movie relatively short.

- I remember hearing some issues with how Superman was brought back to life. Eh. I guess it would have been better if he magically returned with a black suit and long hair? I had zero issues with it. The team was desperate and they did what they had do after they hesitated like we would expect heroes to. And the scene where he's still in a zombie trance works pretty well (even the "Tell me, do you bleed?" line). The only question I had is what was the point of that final scene in BvS where the soil is elevating (alluding to the fact that there's still life in Superman).

- For me, the problem with Superman begins after he recovers. That's no longer Snyder's version of Superman. It's a smiling and joking (because critics said he should be) Superman, whose suit looks ridiculously brightened up. As someone who liked the fresh take on the character that MoS and BvS gave us and who was looking forward to his return here, the whole thing felt like a major letdown. I suspect he was more like the safe version of Superman that plenty of fans like to see, but for me it was a step Donnerwards...I mean backwards. The best scene involving Superman was the one with Lois. Cavil's chemistry with Amy remains on point. Pity Adams was in the movie more.

- On a final Superman note, at the end of the movie we see him in civilian clothes and seen by people. So how was Clark Kent's resurrection explained to the public?

- Bruce and Diana, I was perfectly fine with. Both Ben and Gal are more comfortable in the roles by now and their characters drive the movie in large parts.

- As for the newcomers, I was very impressed with Momoa and Fisher. Even though they didn't have much screentime to introduce their characters, I felt they did well to make them instantly likeable. One of the positives about this movie is that it made me want to see movies about Aquaman and Cyborg.

- Ezra Miller's Flash was a mixed bag. I don't mind him being a comedy relief and he's actually very good in the role. But is he a Barry Allen that I would want to watch a movie about? Not on this evidence. I would still give the nod to Grant Gustin in that regard, despite the fact that his Flash show is an awful mess right now.

- Don't know when we'll get that standalone Batman movie or if Affleck will be involved, but hopefully Irons and Simmons will. As little as their screentime was, they are excellent picks to play Alfred and Gordon respectively.

- Steppenwolf is a bit like Ares: Your run of the mill villain with a God complex. He looked menacing enough to go up against the league, but I still wish we saw Darkseid instead. He would have made for a more captivating antagonist. The good news is that they mentioned Darkseid, so there is some hope he will be introduced later on. Sadly, I don't thing the Knightmare scene from BvS will ever be revisited. That was a mistake on Snyder's part and one of the things he should have cut out from that movie instead of other more important scenes.

- The final moments of the movie hint at a bigger team. And given that they introduced Green Lantern earlier in the movie, I guess we know who will join up next. The problem with DC is that you can't get too excited about this tease, because you don't know what their plans are for the future. They change them every month it seems. Common sense dictates that we'll get new movies for Batman, Superman and the JLA (aside from the confirmed movies for Aquaman and Wonder Woman), but no one knows for sure anymore.

- Deathstroke's appearance at the very end of the credits was a cool moment. As is his possible alliance with Lex. Again, I hope they didn't just tease for the sake of it.
                                [/SPOILER]

5/10. Nothing terrible but nothing great either.

P.S. This is the only time I'll make reference to the critics. I don't get why many of them are so hard on this movie. They wanted DC to be like Marvel, didn't they? That's what they got. And while Justice League is actually better and less goofy than Thor: Ragnarok, it gets labeled a mess while the latter is described as one of the best superhero movies ever. Holy double standards.
                                Last edited by costas22; 11-17-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎