No announcement yet.

Justice League (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    That’s not who this character would be in JJ Abrams Superman movie. It would focus on an elseworlds/multiverse character named Calvin Ellis who on Earth-23 is their Superman. I don’t know what to tell you, this is where the DCEU is heading with the multiverse....starting with Flash and their multiple Batmans.
    No, you are mistaken, different news source specifically say that Abrams wants to do black Clark Kent and that the studio specifically wants M.B. Jordan to play him. Ellis would be fine, but they are not doing that story.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
      Yeah, that's why the last 3 years were probably harder for Snyder than we thought. Aside from his personal tragedy, he had his own film edited and released beyond recognition by someone else. On top of that, he saw the culmination of the MCU with concepts similar to his and he must have wondered how different things might have been if Warner Brothers hadn't panicked and ruined his whole plan for the DCEU.
      Studio meddling strikes again! After 20+ films and one consistent visionary to oversee everything, Marvel earned the culmination that was Infinitely War/Endgame.

I get what they were trying to do by fast tracking a Justice League movie but, it wasn’t earned. If that was their plan then they should have came out with their Justice League film from the start (whether it was 2017 or later until they felt the project was right) with someone whose vision aligned with theirs. It wasn’t a terrible idea to do something different than Marvel but, the execution was wrong. They could have had a film where the League was already established, all the founding members there, taking on a big bad (not necessarily Darkseid or for that matter Lex). They could have done solo films afterward like a Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, etc. (telling their backstories in the process); Batman would just need a great detective story and Superman a great story full of hope/optimism, then release another Justice League movie and after which do a couple more solo films and so on.

And I get it, it’s easier said than done. It would be a risk right out the gate but, so was casting Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man or for that matter have the Iron Man movie come out first...10yrs and 22+ movies later we see how that turned out.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-21-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKent/KalEl
        No, you are mistaken, different news source specifically say that Abrams wants to do black Clark Kent and that the studio specifically wants M.B. Jordan to play him. Ellis would be fine, but they are not doing that story.
        It’s definitely too early to tell either way how this will shape out.

Personally I don’t want to see another Superman or Batman story for quite awhile. I’d rather see more films featuring unfamiliar characters. Even with my nitpick of the Martian Manhunter in the Snyder Cut, he’s the main character I’d like a film to focus on, especially in a film noir style story.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-21-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• It goes without saying that Henry Cavill was a terrific casting choice (just like most of Snyder's casting choices for the DCEU, I'd add). Regardless of the creative decisions behind these movies and our debates about them, the guy filled that suit as well as anyone I've ever seen after Christopher Reeve. And he's great at carrying himself as Superman as well.

He deserves to play Superman again, whether Snyder returns or not.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          Studio meddling strikes again! After 20+ films and one consistent visionary to oversee everything, Marvel earned the culmination that was Infinitely War/Endgame.

I get what they were trying to do by fast tracking a Justice League movie but, it wasn’t earned. If that was their plan then they should have came out with their Justice League film from the start (whether it was 2017 or later until they felt the project was right) with someone whose vision aligned with theirs. It wasn’t a terrible idea to do something different than Marvel but, the execution was wrong. They could have had a film where the League was already established, all the founding members there, taking on a big bad (not necessarily Darkseid or for that matter Lex). They could have done solo films afterward like a Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, etc. (telling their backstories in the process); Batman would just need a great detective story and Superman a great story full of hope/optimism, then release another Justice League movie and after which do a couple more solo films and so on.

And I get it, it’s easier said than done. It would be a risk right out the gate but, so was casting Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man or for that matter have the Iron Man movie come out first...10yrs and 22+ movies later we see how that turned out.
          Zero patience, unfortunately. What's even sadder is that their desperate and unorthodox attempt to "catch up" to the MCU might have still worked. We are basically talking about 4 JLA movies (BvS, JLA 1, JLA 2 and JLA 2A) directed by a film maker who can flesh out character arcs given time. We saw it in the Ultimate Edition of BvS and we saw it here.

Would this DCEU have been as successful as the MCU was? Obviously not and the way the critics treated the DCEU (compared to the way they laud the MCU) wouldn't have helped either. But at least it would have been successful in its own way. There is a big chunk of moviegoers that love these films, as evidenced by the campaign to release the Snyder Cut.

But just like they panicked to rush the creation of this universe they panicked just as much to tear it down.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here's what the original plan for the DCEU looked like (I am guessing Justice League 2A would have been added to the 2020 slate with Cyborg and Green Lantern being pushed further back):

- Man of Steel - June 10, 2013
          - Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - May 6, 2016
          - Suicide Squad - August 5, 2016
          - Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017
          - Justice League I - November 17, 2017
          - The Flash - March 23, 2018
          - Aquaman - July 27, 2018
          - Shazam! - April 5, 2019
          - Justice League II - June 14, 2019
          - Cyborg - April 3, 2020
          - Green Lantern Corps - June 19, 2020
          Last edited by costas22; 03-21-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• A behind the scenes video for the Snyder Cut. Interestingly enough, Snyder shot the movie with Cavill wearing the blue suit. So the decision to have Superman don the black suit was made when he finalized the movie last year:

Comment

• Zack Snyder's Justice League was a real treat, and a substantial upgrade over the theatrical edition. I wish we could get the sequel.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                It goes without saying that Henry Cavill was a terrific casting choice (just like most of Snyder's casting choices for the DCEU, I'd add). Regardless of the creative decisions behind these movies and our debates about them, the guy filled that suit as well as anyone I've ever seen after Christopher Reeve. And he's great at carrying himself as Superman as well.

He deserves to play Superman again, whether Snyder returns or not.

Zero patience, unfortunately. What's even sadder is that their desperate and unorthodox attempt to "catch up" to the MCU might have still worked. We are basically talking about 4 JLA movies (BvS, JLA 1, JLA 2 and JLA 2A) directed by a film maker who can flesh out character arcs given time. We saw it in the Ultimate Edition of BvS and we saw it here.

Would this DCEU have been as successful as the MCU was? Obviously not and the way the critics treated the DCEU (compared to the way they laud the MCU) wouldn't have helped either. But at least it would have been successful in its own way. There is a big chunk of moviegoers that love these films, as evidenced by the campaign to release the Snyder Cut.
                The MCU & Star Wars has the advantage of being owned by Disney. Critics are always going to give anything Disney puts out a good review (No need to explain why). DCEU gets an fairly honest review from the critics. Yes, Henry Cavill was a good Superman and I'd like to see him play the character again. I wasn't really into the Rock's Black Adam movie, but with him pushing to have Henry back, I may change my mind.

Comment

• I just saw Zack Snyder's Justice League...finally. Way better than that thing Joss Whedon put out. The only thing that I missed was the Aquaman scene where he was sitting on Wonder Woman's lasso. That was classic. When I buy the blu-ray on September 7th, I guess that I will be able to get rid of the theatrical version for I will have no need to ever watch it again.

Comment

• Whedon has responded to the allegations. When it comes to Gadot's allegations, Whedon literally responded with "English is not her first language". *FACEPALM*

Comment

• The jackass is digging his own grave now. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎