No announcement yet.

Atom Suit Updates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atom Suit Updates

We all know that Ray Palmer/The Atom was supposed to be Ted Kord, The Blue Beetle, politics raised its ugly head and we didn't get Ted. Throughout his time on Arrow, Ray has been plagued with a reworked Beetle suit, time for some upgrades. The following is a wish list of improvements I'd like to see:

1) A better helmet. I don't think I have to explain this one. What I'd like to see is a CGI effect where the helmet retracts into the costume until needed. Which leads me my second wish.

2) The whole costume should retract into the Atom belt. The pilot showed the drawback to not having the suit with him at all times, this would fix that problem. If my memory is correct the comics did something similar to this, so why not. I understand Arrow didn't want to pay for this effect, but Legends should.

3) Add Gideon to the suit. I have a lot to say about this, but will save if for a separate post.

4) Add Time Travel capabilities to the suit. I know this one is unlikely, but if Chronos can have it why not the Atom.

These are a few things I think would improve The Atom, does anyone else have any suggestions?

1 - That certainly would be a good addition and I'd like to see it at some stage.

2 - I don't see it happening and I can't say I can recall ever seeing or hearing about it in the comics. It would make logical sense for him to always have it on him to be quickly deployed but I still just can't see it happening.

3 - Eh on this for me. I don't see the need for Gideon to be in the suit, especially as it already looks a lot like an Iron Man suit so adding an AI to it would really just make it Iron Man 2.0 for anyone who wasn't aware of his backstory in the comics.

4 - Giving him that level of tech surely couldn't be good for the timeline. Palmer is a genius so if he was to get a good look at the way it worked he'd most likely be able to figure it out and then recreate it once he's done helping out Rip. Chronos get's it as he is working for the time agency and is from the future so it makes sense that he would get it so he can track down Rip, but giving it to Palmer wouldn't make sense.

All I really want for the suit is for it to stop looking like a rip off of Iron Man and take it to the comic origins, at least make it much closer to the comic origins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
      1 - That certainly would be a good addition and I'd like to see it at some stage.

2 - I don't see it happening and I can't say I can recall ever seeing or hearing about it in the comics. It would make logical sense for him to always have it on him to be quickly deployed but I still just can't see it happening.

3 - Eh on this for me. I don't see the need for Gideon to be in the suit, especially as it already looks a lot like an Iron Man suit so adding an AI to it would really just make it Iron Man 2.0 for anyone who wasn't aware of his backstory in the comics.

4 - Giving him that level of tech surely couldn't be good for the timeline. Palmer is a genius so if he was to get a good look at the way it worked he'd most likely be able to figure it out and then recreate it once he's done helping out Rip. Chronos get's it as he is working for the time agency and is from the future so it makes sense that he would get it so he can track down Rip, but giving it to Palmer wouldn't make sense.

All I really want for the suit is for it to stop looking like a rip off of Iron Man and take it to the comic origins, at least make it much closer to the comic origins.
      I might be wrong about this, but I think he was able to displace the atoms in his suit so it "disappeared" until he changed size, then it reconstituted itself. The Atom was always a time traveler, but he didn't have the power himself. Ray had access to a time pool machine that created a small hole in time, just big enough for the Atom to use. I thought giving his suit time travel abilities would be a nice tip of the hat to those old stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
        I might be wrong about this, but I think he was able to displace the atoms in his suit so it "disappeared" until he changed size, then it reconstituted itself. The Atom was always a time traveler, but he didn't have the power himself. Ray had access to a time pool machine that created a small hole in time, just big enough for the Atom to use. I thought giving his suit time travel abilities would be a nice tip of the hat to those old stories.
        You could be correct on his suit. I know he changed size a lot through a dial on his belt.
        I didn't know that he time travelled himself so if that's the case then it would be a nifty addition though given the premise of the show is about all of them travelling in Rip's ship it would seem counter productive for me. If he had his own show come as a result of this then I think it would be a good addition to add to the suit.

Comment

We all know that Ray Palmer/The Atom was supposed to be Ted Kord, The Blue Beetle
          Oh, so Ray was supposed to be Ted Kord? Er, uh, I mean, uh yeah, yeah we all do know that, of course, of course!....

1) A better helmet. I don't think I have to explain this one. What I'd like to see is a CGI effect where the helmet retracts into the costume until needed.
          Okay, wish granted. Now can Diggle have Ray's hand-me down helmet?

2) The whole costume should retract into the Atom belt. The pilot showed the drawback to not having the suit with him at all times, this would fix that problem. If my memory is correct the comics did something similar to this, so why not. I understand Arrow didn't want to pay for this effect, but Legends should.
          Well, since I'm already kind of uneasy about having the Hawks in the show (and what that might portend regarding future romantic angst/melodrama), then maybe if they would have left them out of the show, the funds spent on their effects could have been put to other (better) uses.... oh, well, but that horse is already out of the barn

3) Add Gideon to the suit. I have a lot to say about this, but will save if for a separate post.
          I am curious to hear about Gideon, so I will look forward to this post, when may I expect to see it? I'd like a (linear) timeline please.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
            Oh, so Ray was supposed to be Ted Kord? Er, uh, I mean, uh yeah, yeah we all do know that, of course, of course!....

Okay, wish granted. Now can Diggle have Ray's hand-me down helmet?

Well, since I'm already kind of uneasy about having the Hawks in the show (and what that might portend regarding future romantic angst/melodrama), then maybe if they would have left them out of the show, the funds spent on their effects could have been put to other (better) uses.... oh, well, but that horse is already out of the barn

I am curious to hear about Gideon, so I will look forward to this post, when may I expect to see it? I'd like a (linear) timeline please.
            Well maybe not everyone knew it, but yeah Brandon was hired to play the Blue Beetle, and then they decided on a Beetle/Gold movie.

Sure, if Diggle doesn't end up in THAT grave, then I am all in favor of passing Ray's helmet down to him. I'm still hoping King Shark swallows his current helmet.

As for the Hawks, I don't like them either. I personally think Vandal Savage will kill Hawkman for the 207th time, leaving Hawkgirl free to return to Cisco next season. If both the Hawks are gone next year they will probably add Vixen to the team.

Linear Timeline????? Have we learned nothing from The Doctor??? Time my young Padawan, is a Big Ball of Wibbly Wobbly ... Timey Wimey ...Stuff.

When Gideon first appeared on The Flash, I put forth the theory that the A.I. was actually a sentient mainframe computer based in an out of the timeline location. My thought at the time was that the Gideon built into the Reverse Flash costume was in fact a kind of GPS unit for time travel that was connected to the mainframe. The show probably won't expand on Gideon, but I now think the Time Masters built Gideon to monitor all of time, and is probably located in the Time Limbo Rip talked about. I still think the council of Time Masters issues a Gideon receiver to all sanctioned time travelers as a way for the travelers to navigate time, and as a way for the Time Masters to keep track (control) of them.

Comment

Well maybe not everyone knew it, but yeah Brandon was hired to play the Blue Beetle, and then they decided on a Beetle/Gold movie.
              Everyone minus 1 person (me). Laughing at myself here b/c I am surely the most ignorant person on this site with re: to all this comic stuff and plans for shows. Now, having heard this, I really think they should have for fun had 1 scene with Ray driving a Blue VW Beetle

Sure, if Diggle doesn't end up in THAT grave, then I am all in favor of passing Ray's helmet down to him. I'm still hoping King Shark swallows his current helmet.
              Keep dreaming. We're stuck with that helmet. But if K.S. were to eat the helmet, that might up Diggle's death odds -- death via head trauma, either related to K.S. encounter (he can linger for a while in a coma, long enough to transport him back to Star City, so we don't have him drop dead there in Central City) or either at some point later, when he is fighting without head-gear to protect him and then suffers a fatal blow to the head. Meanwhile, likely K.S. is gonna need some ex lax 'cuz that helmet looks pretty dense.

As for the Hawks, I don't like them either. I personally think Vandal Savage will kill Hawkman for the 207th time, leaving Hawkgirl free to return to Cisco next season. If both the Hawks are gone next year they will probably add Vixen to the team.
              Now, there's no need for the producers to actively go out of their way to find ways to sabotage Flash. Don't give them any ideas! Sorry, but Kendra has no charisma (that I've seen); she needs to leave Cisco alone. She can go over to Star City and be an intern working for CEO Felicity Smoak. Arrow already has enough problems, I don't see how adding one more would really hurt.

Linear Timeline????? Have we learned nothing from The Doctor??? Time my young Padawan, is a Big Ball of Wibbly Wobbly ... Timey Wimey ...Stuff.
              Ah, but of course, what was I thinking????

When Gideon first appeared on The Flash, I put forth the theory that the A.I. was actually a sentient mainframe computer based in an out of the timeline location.
              so it exists outside of time altogether?

My thought at the time was that the Gideon built into the Reverse Flash costume was in fact a kind of GPS unit for time travel that was connected to the mainframe. The show probably won't expand on Gideon, but I now think the Time Masters built Gideon to monitor all of time, and is probably located in the Time Limbo Rip talked about. I still think the council of Time Masters issues a Gideon receiver to all sanctioned time travelers as a way for the travelers to navigate time, and as a way for the Time Masters to keep track (control) of them.
              Yes, I like the idea b/c I was kind of wondering about Gideon from Flash S1, where did it go and so, now how could LoT have Gideon? (I don't follow all the threads so missed that discussion). I do agree that if Ray had a time travel suit, then he should have a Gideon GPS. But I agree with Lipzo that allowing him to have such power during the show would defeat the whole purpose of him being on the Waverider. Assuming that he will be one of the characters to leave the show, they could create an interesting exit story for him (not that I necessarily think they would want to invest much effort into that but just to toss around ideas...). Maybe in some way by end of show he could have earned the appreciation of the Time Masters and they would gift him with a Gideon GPS to go with his own time travel suit-technology that he has developed from studying the Waverider, or perhaps instead he could steal a Gideon GPS and then his story could be that he was out there time travelling and another Chronos had to be sent after him to reel him back in and recover the Gideon GPS (again, not that I think they would invest any effort into something like that, but just sayin')

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎