Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Star Wars IX’: The Last Skywalker Film Wraps Principal Photography

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jj-abra...hy-1202558568/

Comment

Comment

The title is quite cryptic because I'm not sure it's referring to Rey. The Emperor's laugh gave me chills, but if he is in this movie it has to make sense. Don't want them just bringing back legendary characters for the sake of it.

All in all, the trailer seems promising but it was always going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          The title is quite cryptic because I'm not sure it's referring to Rey. The Emperor's laugh gave me chills, but if he is in this movie it has to make sense. Don't want them just bringing back legendary characters for the sake of it.

All in all, the trailer seems promising but it was always going to be.
          I’m hearing that potentially Abrams could be retconning some things from TLJ...especially the whole Rey’s parentage thing. And with a title like that there could be a couple possibilities: Rey could turn out to be a Skywalker, Rey takes on the Skywalker name for herself or Kylo Ren/Ben could be turned to the light-side.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-12-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I’m hearing that potentially Abrams could be retconning some things from TLJ...especially the whole Rey’s parentage thing.
            I have the same feeling about JJ's retcons (basically doing what RJ did after TFA). Kylo fixing his mask again and Rey fixing the lightsaber are signs towards that. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Palpatine is brought back as a mentor figure for Kylo because Johnson killed off Snoke. Personally, I really hope Abrams hasn't spent too much of this film retconning stuff from TLJ. While I disliked that film in most parts, undoing it isn't the way of fixing it. This trilogy needs some long overdue consistency.

In regards to the title, there are 4 possible scenarios I feel:
            a) Rey is revealed to be Luke's daughter. I don't like this because it's an obvious retcon. Luke should have felt their connection when she was with him.
            b) Rey is revealed to be Han and Leia's second kid (hence a Skywalker). This wouldn't necessarily be a retcon because the whole "Your parents dropped you off for money" explanation is still vague. But, it does make Han and Leia look like horrible parents...
            c) The title is about Luke returning in some form or becoming an all powerful Force Ghost. Not likely.
            d) Kylo becomes a good guy and the title refers to him. Not likely either.

Comment

Naomi Ackie plays a character named Jannah. In the old EU, Han and Leia had a daugther named Jaina and Luke had a son named Ben. In the sequel trilogy, Han and Leia have a son named Ben. So, perhaps it will be revealed that Luke has a daugther named Jannah (Skywalker).

Comment

So my thoughts on this teaser is an okay one. I didn't even know they were going to have one since it seems like Disney has not done much hype towards it, though I may be wrong.

I do have to chuckle at some stuff in the trailer is a clear fixing Rian's stuff given Kylo is putting his mask back together, Rey has simply repaired lightsaber that belonged Anakin and Luke's, and just possibly JJ may be going back to his original plans of Rey has an actual family legacy, not just a nobody that Rian set up.

Really I do not envy JJ at all in this given not only does he have to tie up the whole Skywalker saga, he is also fixing Rian's screw ups so if we get a decent film out of this I'll be surprised.

Man Billy D Williams has gotten old and heaver to without a doubt for seeing him playing Lando. I've seen him in other roles in recent years but man seeing him as he currently is playing Lando is like wow, it took me a moment to adjust.

For me while my personal head canon for post ROTJ is some of the old EU books, namely the Thrawn trilogy, Hand of Thrawn duo books and Survivor's Quest well that does not mean I want the ST films to utterly fail.

While I do not have high hopes after The Last Jedi frankly I want to be proven wrong, I want Star Wars episode 9 film to actually be a decent/good film where I can feel relatively fine with adding the ST films for at least Star Wars 7 and 9 for the rest of my Star Wars DVD collection.

PS: On a side note outside of like say on here I'm doing my best staying far, far away from the rest of the internet places like Reddit or You Tube when it comes to this new Star Wars since it is going to be a toxic hate storm for both sides of pro and against Disney/Lucasfilm. Truly a sorry state to see how far the Star Wars fandom has fallen.
                Last edited by Haggard01; 04-13-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Not sure those are Adam Driver's hands (when Kylo's helmet is being repaired).

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    a) Rey is revealed to be Luke's daughter.
                    Or she simply adopts the name (lacking a surname herself).

Of course, one should perhaps note:

Original trilogy: ends with Return of the Jedi (originally announced as Revenge of the Jedi).

Prequel trilogy: ends with Revenge of the Sith.

Sequel trilogy: ends with The Rise of Skywalker.

So, the title could refer to a new organization of force wielders called "Skywalker(s)".
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-16-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Not sure where the rumors of JJ retconning things are coming from but IMO making her actually a Skywalker would just cheapen everything and make her a legacy character for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Or she simply adopts the name (lacking a surname herself).

Of course, one should perhaps note:

Original trilogy: ends with Return of the Jedi (originally announced as Revenge of the Jedi).

Prequel trilogy: ends with Revenge of the Sith.

Sequel trilogy: ends with The Rise of Skywalker.

So, the title could refer to a new organization of force wielders called "Skywalker(s)".
                        I have a feeling that that’s where they’re going...”Skywalker” is going to turn out to be a new generation of individuals that are force sensitive like Rey and have the ability to balance it; so as to say, they don’t lean heavy on one or the other (Jedi or Sith). And of course Rey will be founder of this new group.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-24-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I want to believe that this isn't going to be "Return of the Jedi-Episode II", but it's JJ and he has no imagination of his own. There will be some cheap excuse to explain that the Emperor survived the drop into the endless hole that Darth Vader dropped him in and survived the explosion of the second Death Star at Endor. Always remember, before Star Trek into Darkness came out, JJ always said that the villain was not going to be Khan. Rey will end up being either Luke or Leia's kid and Kylo Ren will have lied kind of like Obi-Wan explained as a force ghost in "Return of the Jedi". Predictable. Get ready for a fourth Death Star.
                          Last edited by Glove; 04-17-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                            Get ready for a fourth Death Star.
                            Considering there's the wreckage from the second Death Star shown at the end of the trailer, you're technically not wrong on that account.

Comment

Comment

That poster doesn't spark much interest for me. Apart from the Emperor, it's largely just Rey and Kylo Ren fighting with lightsabers... Like they did in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi (I'm counting them fighting telekinetically over the Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber, until it broke under pressure). Rey came out victorious both times... So, does anyone think that the third time will be any different? At this point, I really don't care about Rey's story. More interested in the conclusion of Poe, Finn and Rose's stories. Along with being curious about the new character, Jannah. I want to see what these characters get up to and where they end up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎