Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "O Brother Where art thou?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "O Brother Where art thou?"

So this episode had a lot going on.

Amara searching for God. Kind of wanted to tell her “people have been doing that for centuries and have gotten no reply” but figured she’d find out for herself. Watching her face off against that preacher was interested. Her frying the followers (ew!) was a bit unexpected.

Sam has another vision of himself in the cage, this time with Lucifer. And there’s a burning bush. (We find out later Luci sent the visions. Did he also make the bush burn?)

Dean still doesn’t believe. Good for him!

The boys meet up with Crowley and reveal who Amara is to him, then they plan to use Rowena to help. With Charlie’s decryption thing why can’t they read the book themselves? I know they need a powerful witch to do the spells but why not, well, anyone but Rowena?

The angels uniting. Good to see that. (I did wonder where Cas was this episode. I mean, if ever there was a time for our angel…though I know the others have rejected him.)

Dean sensing Amara and getting dragged away.

Meeting in Limbo and there’s Lucifer. I loved Rowena getting all fangirly over him. Once she reacted the way she did when they told her who was in the cage, I figured she was going to try to find a way to free him. So when the spell failed I thought that he was going to get out. Sam getting pulled in? Didn’t expect that! I did enjoy Sam turning Lucifer down (yay, Sam!). But then Sam gets pulled in. Wasn’t expecting that.

Amara seems to want to take God’s place. And remove all freewill. Typical tyrant, then.

The angels coming for her. No way is she dead. It took the angels AND God to lock her up last time (not even destroy her, lock her up). Yeah, she’s fine.

Question, though: where was Michael? And Adam? I mean, they both ended up in the cage as well. Even if you assume (as some fans have) that Adam’s soul ‘burned away’, Michael still would have been in the cage with Luci. So where was he? *is confused*
    10--Magic
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--put it back in the Cage
    0%

So one thing is we have the new area "Limbo" which is cool. And that Lucifer cannot use Nick's vessel if he goes topside, hence his need for Sam. I wonder if this is how they might be able to have Lucifer but without Mark Pellegrino (sacrilege I say) if he has other commitments...

Lucifer was transported to Crowley's cage in Limbo so Michael/Adam is still in the "real" cage. Again, convenient so that they don't have to mention him. However, God needed ALL the Archangels to send Amara to the Void. So Michael is still in the Cage, and Gabriel is still somewhere. Raphael? Not a fan of bringing him back. Favorite idea of mine is to promote Cas to Archangel.....that is if he still exists

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
      Lucifer was transported to Crowley's cage in Limbo so Michael/Adam is still in the "real" cage. Again, convenient so that they don't have to mention him.
      It was rather poorly explained, IMO, that Lucifer was put in a 'holding cell', taken from the 'real' cage so that Sam could talk to him. In thinking back, yes, Crowley does say something about meeting on neutral ground in Limbo but it was just (again, IMO) badly written. So many fans were confused, including myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
        So one thing is we have the new area "Limbo" which is cool. And that Lucifer cannot use Nick's vessel if he goes topside, hence his need for Sam. I wonder if this is how they might be able to have Lucifer but without Mark Pellegrino (sacrilege I say) if he has other commitments...

Lucifer was transported to Crowley's cage in Limbo so Michael/Adam is still in the "real" cage. Again, convenient so that they don't have to mention him. However, God needed ALL the Archangels to send Amara to the Void. So Michael is still in the Cage, and Gabriel is still somewhere. Raphael? Not a fan of bringing him back. Favorite idea of mine is to promote Cas to Archangel.....that is if he still exists

in the preview of the next episode at least he does use Nick though

maybe it's all in Sam's head but yeah so far Mark Pellegrino seems to be Lucifer

Comment

I loved this episode, Sam will have to say yes, Lucy is back. I'm glad Amara got her emotions out of the way by kissing Dean, she wanted to do that since he didn't stab her in the previous meeting.
          Last edited by SupernaturalGod; 01-04-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎