Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated every second of that. Now, I'm depressed.

Comment

I thought it was a decent promo but I really hope it's good and not them trying too hard to be gritty. Wish Mike Sussman was involved.

Comment

I didn't like it that much. Why didn't we see any footage of Jason Isaacs?

Comment

Aries83 thats what i was wondering too.

Comment

It finally has a release date. It will premiere on CBS and the streaming service on Sunday September 24th @ 8:30pm. The first two episodes will be available that Sunday on CBS All Access than there after new episodes will be released each Sunday only on the streaming service until it's November 5th season finale.

http://tvline.com/2017/06/19/star-tr...bs-all-access/

Comment

Commander William T. Riker (Jonathan Frakes) himself will be directing an episode of the upcoming season. Jonathan is not a stranger to directing episodes of Star Trek, having directed episodes of TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/star-tre...nathan-frakes/

Comment

Comment

I really hope this is good but it is a bit troubling that they felt the need to tie Burnham to Sarek in such a strong way....

Comment

I still would rather see this on the CBS network instead. I know they want to push the show to gain subs, but I don't think it's gonna work. Other places in the world get to see the show on Netflix but you have to pay extra money to see it here in the States? Sorry but I'm not going to shell out more money to watch a single show on CBS All Access.

I'm really hoping when the series airs the entire first season, we see Netflix do with it what they do with the CW shows. Eight days after a season ends on The CW, the entire season goes to Netflix. I really hope that happens with thi she show.

I don't think most Trek fans will pay for a subscription to All Access to just watch one show. Why they couldn't put it on the CBS channel who knows. I'm sorry but they could've easily used this show to plug a hole in the channel's lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                      I still would rather see this on the CBS network instead. I know they want to push the show to gain subs, but I don't think it's gonna work. Other places in the world get to see the show on Netflix but you have to pay extra money to see it here in the States? Sorry but I'm not going to shell out more money to watch a single show on CBS All Access.

I'm really hoping when the series airs the entire first season, we see Netflix do with it what they do with the CW shows. Eight days after a season ends on The CW, the entire season goes to Netflix. I really hope that happens with thi she show.

I don't think most Trek fans will pay for a subscription to All Access to just watch one show. Why they couldn't put it on the CBS channel who knows. I'm sorry but they could've easily used this show to plug a hole in the channel's lineup.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                        it is a bit troubling that they felt the need to tie Burnham to Sarek in such a strong way....
                        Maybe they just wanted her to have a connection with Sarek because of his long history as a Star Trek character?

A way to make her more important/relevant, I guess?

It's no different than when Sarek melded with Picard (or when Picard melded with Spock). Then again, Picard didn't need help being relevant, but I know I enjoyed those Sarek/Spock episodes of TNG.

I liked the "official" trailer more than the first look trailer.

I still would rather see this on the CBS network instead. I know they want to push the show to gain subs, but I don't think it's gonna work.
                        I agree. Who knows, maybe All Access will bomb and they'll have no choice but to move it to the network?
                        Last edited by Aries83; 09-13-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                          Maybe they just wanted her to have a connection with Sarek because of his long history as a Star Trek character?

A way to make her more important/relevant, I guess?

It's no different than when Sarek melded with Picard (or when Picard melded with Spock). Then again, Picard didn't need help being relevant, but I know I enjoyed those Sarek/Spock episodes of TNG.

I liked the "official" trailer more than the first look trailer.

I agree. Who knows, maybe All Access will bomb and they'll have no choice but to move it to the network?
                          Wouldn't surprise me if thats what happens. Especially since i just heard CBS is refusing to send out screeners and embargoing reviews. Thats not a good sign.

Comment

I plan to wait until the end of the season and subscribe for one month. Seven or eight dollars to watch a show (with access to other things) isn't terrible if you don't have cable, but I can see how it would be frustrating if you already pay a ridiculous cable charge and don't get access to a major network show. Free would certainly be my preferred option.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if thats what happens. Especially since i just heard CBS is refusing to send out screeners and embargoing reviews. Thats not a good sign.
                              Oh, boy. That's not good.

Comment

Do review embargoes ever precede good reviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎