Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had expected Michael's advocate to turn out to be a descendant of Spock.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• A minor prediction:

The Discovery crew will travel back in time, and try to stop the Burn. They spend so much time trying to uncover the cause of the Burn (intention). They also make it clear, time and time again, that time travel is forbidden and all known time travel techology has been destroyed (obstacle). So they will likely uncover the cause, then attempt an illegal act of time travel (that Starfleet will attempt to stop them from doing) to prevent the Burn. It'll probably be through the spore drive. After all, in season one, when they used it to return from the mirror universe, they ended up months into the future. If they can find a way to control it (additional prediction: if they do, it'll be Michael who comes up with the solution), they could travel back through time.

Comment

• Glad that they finally established the proper pronouns for Adira. Though, it did feel a bit strange that Stamets (a 23rd century person) would need to have the concept of non-binary and they/them explained to him. Would hope that we'd evolve more than that by the 23rd century (and beyond). Even the 32nd century Adira present their gender identity, as something they had only ever shared with their boyfriend (rather than it being something that's been seen as completely ordinary in society for over a thousand years) Granted, it was likely done for the audience who might not be familiar with the concept.

In the scene with Stamets, Culber and Adira, it felt like they were being set up as a family unit. Tying into the earlier scene with Phillipa, where they discussed Culber not having kids. Maybe Stamets and Culber will end up adopting Adira?
        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Carl is probably a Q. Us following the emperor back to her native universe felt like everything else was dropped. They only have four more episodes (after this one) this season, and they've chosen to devote time to a return to the mirror universe two-parter. Personally, I'd rather have them focus on the mystery of the Burn. At least Phillipa got to tell Michael to shut up for once (I take whatever victory I can get). Probably not destined to become as iconic as "shut up, Wesley", but few things are.
          Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Curious if Doug Jones still showed up to work, extremely early, out of habit. Liked seeing him getting a lot of focus. We now know the cause of the Burn. Sounded like a load of rubbish, but what was anyone expecting? Curious to see what species Adira will appear as, in the holo enviroment. For some reason, I'm expecting Gray to be manifested as a hologram (visible to Culber and Saru, and able to interact with them), while they're in the holo enviroment. Probably won't make sense, but I'm suspecting that it'll happen.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Liked seeing Stamets refer to Adira as his child. Been wanting to see that for several episodes.

Comment

• I enjoyed the season as a whole. I really thought that we were looking at Michael’s exit by the close of the season, especially since it looked like Michael felt much more freedom with Book. So it came as a surprise [SPOILER] that she became Interim Captain of Discovery (im a temporary basis) and even after being demoted[/SPOILER]

I’m still not sure how I feel about the cause of ‘The Burn’; so basically [SPOILER]young Su’Kal got scared and screamed causing the catastrophic event that spread throughout the galaxy; a child crying out for the loss of his mother and the rest of his family.[/SPOILER]

I’m glad that the last few minutes of the episode gave us a set up for the next season. I’m curious if we’ll get a season long story arc like we’ve previously had or are they going back to basics with stand alone episodes. I prefer a bit of both...[SPOILER]It looks like Stamets, Culber & Adira are going to try find a way for Gray to live again[/SPOILER]but, we can still do the occasional away mission with story arcs that can be resolved by the end of an episode.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Discovery has been renewed for a 5th season!!! 😁

Comment

• Comment

• Despite my mixed feelings about the show, it’s sad to see its ending with Season 5 having to hastily be changed to the last season.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎