Episode 4x04 "Beyond redemption"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 4x04 "Beyond redemption"

Or it could be as well titled: "Welcome to Arkham Asylum, Quentin Lance."

Okay, now seriously - that promo made me (a bit) interested. I'm looking forward to Lance family stuff and Quentin's and Oliver's confrontation. I wonder if it's going to be the moment when they will be at each others throats (not again...).

Can someone tell me what exactly Quentin says when he wants to shot down Sara "I'm sorry baby, but you... ???"?

Originally posted by Amarice
    http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-of...nd-redemption/

Or it could be as well titled: "Welcome to Arkham Asylum, Quentin Lance."

Okay, now seriously - that promo made me (a bit) interested. I'm looking forward to Lance family stuff and Quentin's and Oliver's confrontation. I wonder if it's going to be the moment when they will be at each others throats (not again...).

Can someone tell me what exactly Quentin says when he wants to shot down Sara "I'm sorry baby, but you... ???"?
    "I'm sorry baby, but you're not her." Basically meaning Quentin doesn't see this Sara as being his daughter.

Actually I fear that the writers will turn Quentin and Oliver's clash into another melodramatic teeny clash and after a few episodes of dragging it out Oliver will forgive Quentin because he was doing it because Damien was threatening Laurel.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      "I'm sorry baby, but you're not her."

Actually I fear that the writers will turn Quentin and Oliver's clash into another melodramatic teeny clash and after a few episodes of dragging it out Oliver will forgive Quentin because he was doing it because Damien was threatening Laurel.
      Thanks! Couldn't catch those last words.

Well, I'm trying not to raise my hopes too high about how the plot develops. Just hope it to be watchable. IMO it's good that they are going to do this confrontation at this point of the season because it would be exhausting if it dragged up to the very end and then SUDDENLY big revelation OMG-he-was-working-with-THEM-all-the-time. At least Paul Blackthorne is going to have some screen time in this episode. I enjoy all his scenes with Stephen Amell, they have good dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
        Thanks! Couldn't catch those last words.

Well, I'm trying not to raise my hopes too high about how the plot develops. Just hope it to be watchable. IMO it's good that they are going to do this confrontation at this point of the season because it would be exhausting if it dragged up to the very end and then SUDDENLY big revelation OMG-he-was-working-with-THEM-all-the-time. At least Paul Blackthorne is going to have some screen time in this episode. I enjoy all his scenes with Stephen Amell, they have good dynamics.
        I enjoy Paul Blackthorne but sadly I would've preferred Oliver confronting Quentin on the spot and giving him a piece of his mind right in front of Damien instead of this talk just between the two of them to leave the door wide open for some dragged out melodrama and Oliver to forgive Quentin later on, maybe even vow vengeance at his grave (although I still don't think Quentin is the one alluded to in the premiere episode).

Comment

I haven't given up on QL. I don't think he knew what he was agreeing to with DD and by the time he had a clue, Dahrk made it clear he had no choice and that seems to have been before Laurel was threatened as well. I'm very hopeful that there will be some redemption for Lance. I know a lot of people wrote him off last year with his anger at Oliver but I've always sympathized with his reaction. When the world he thought he knew was pulled out from under him, he reverted to his previous tried and true beliefs, so yeah, it made sense to me why he'd go after Oliver.

He's clearly mellowed on some of what he was feeling last year and despite DD wanting details on the GA, he's been protecting him, so I think there is room for a redemption, though honestly it would likely then lead to his death, which I don't want but there seems to be few other alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
            I enjoy Paul Blackthorne but sadly I would've preferred Oliver confronting Quentin on the spot and giving him a piece of his mind right in front of Damien instead of this talk just between the two of them to leave the door wide open for some dragged out melodrama and Oliver to forgive Quentin later on, maybe even vow vengeance at his grave (although I still don't think Quentin is the one alluded to in the premiere episode).
            I think they might fall apart now (again), then we will get the stuff with public-enemy-special-task-force going after (the Green) Arrow AGAIN, then they will be on good terms AGAIN. And then Quetin will die. Also, I don't think he is in that grave, he can be killed off at some other stage of the season 4.

Originally posted by BkWurm1
            I haven't given up on QL. I don't think he knew what he was agreeing to with DD and by the time he had a clue, Dahrk made it clear he had no choice and that seems to have been before Laurel was threatened as well. I'm very hopeful that there will be some redemption for Lance. I know a lot of people wrote him off last year with his anger at Oliver but I've always sympathized with his reaction. When the world he thought he knew was pulled out from under him, he reverted to his previous tried and true beliefs, so yeah, it made sense to me why he'd go after Oliver.

He's clearly mellowed on some of what he was feeling last year and despite DD wanting details on the GA, he's been protecting him, so I think there is room for a redemption, though honestly it would likely then lead to his death, which I don't want but there seems to be few other alternatives.
            I liked Quentin the most in season 1 and 2 - he was a level-headed character, had his strong beliefs, and his relationship both with Oliver and the Arrow was an interesting one - the cop and the vigilante, it was a good contrast. Lance is season 3 was quite inconsistent, but I partially understand what they were trying to show in the "Public Enemy" episode and later on. In season 4 I think the best storyline for him would be IMO if he did struggle between the cooperation with Darhk and loyality to the Team (Green) Arrow, but then again it might be only my wishfull thinking. He can pretty quickly switch to the Dark!Lance mode.

AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎