No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Green Arrow?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
    Well, I believe Oliver's new mission is to get Felicity to marry him. So, really he does have a purpose. His sister and friend showing up, asking for his help, was very inconvenient, but all journeys/missions do involve overcoming roadblocks/obstacles.
    Imagine if we get a new voiceover at the beginning of each episode "My name, is Oliver Queen, and my new mission, is to marry, Felicity Smoak." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as other voiceovers .

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
      Imagine if we get a new voiceover at the beginning of each episode "My name, is Oliver Queen, and my new mission, is to marry, Felicity Smoak." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as other voiceovers .
      My name is Oliver Queen, and I spent most of season 3 in the friendzone, but thanks to Felicity's mom I was finally able to break free. Now I have a new mission, to book the perfect catering, to find the world's greatest DJ and most importantly find a tux that brings out the color of my eyes. In the end Felicity and I will be married. Others have joined my cause, my best man Diggle, who has shipped us since season 2 and my sister Thea who doesn't know about Connor and only wants to be an aunt. My name is Oliver Queen, and Felicity Smoak keeps my testicles in a lock box.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
        My name is Oliver Queen, and I spent most of season 3 in the friendzone, but thanks to Felicity's mom I was finally able to break free. Now I have a new mission, to book the perfect catering, to find the world's greatest DJ and most importantly find a tux that brings out the color of my eyes. In the end Felicity and I will be married. Others have joined my cause, my best man Diggle, who has shipped us since season 2 and my sister Thea who doesn't know about Connor and only wants to be an aunt. My name is Oliver Queen, and Felicity Smoak keeps my testicles in a lock box.
        The Arrow writers definitely need to take a look at this...

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
          Very inconvenient. Totally should have called ahead. The next morning.

Condolences go out to the Olicity fans, who also must struggle with roadblocks along their journey....

BTW, very eloquent defense of Ollie, with an especially impassioned closing argument...but I've already found him guilty in this particular ep and I'm denying pleas to entertain appeals

Originally posted by Quark
          "My name, is Oliver Queen, and my new mission, is to marry, Felicity Smoak." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as other voiceovers .
          ... works for me!

Others have joined my cause, my best man Diggle, who has shipped us since season 2...
          ... those were sad dark days

....but now that Olicity has come to pass, at least Diggle can cross "ship Olicity" off of his daily to-do list... that was really cutting into his limited screen time!

Comment

You guys are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs! I don't think that anyone has posted Matt's (as always!) fine episode review yet, so I will post it here:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-4-...w-deep-review/

I mostly agree with this review...there were things to nitpick about, and I had to watch it twice to really grasp what was going on with Damien and his ghosts, but otherwise it was a positive surprise. Here are a few stray observations:

After watching to that awkward brunch, I fully understand why Felicity wanted to get back to crimefighting in Star city! The whole "Oliver and Felicity and their picket fence" almost looked like a parody of suburban life, à la "American Beauty". Of course, it seems odd to me that Oliver would be happy to lead this kind of life, but maybe he was more in love with the idea of a quiet suburban life style (and discussions about recipes and the "right" schools) than the actual reality of it all. That might be one reason why he didn't hesitate to take up the "(Green) Arrow" mantle again. His public speech was somewhat cheesy, but it is a superhero trope, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I'm much more excited about McDonough's Damien Dahrk than I ever was about Nable's Ra's, and I like the way he dominates every scene. As someone here already remarked, his scenario to take over and destroy the city is a bit too reminiscent of Slade's Mirakuru army, which shows a certain laziness on the part of the writers. However, I'll reserve judgment until I've seen how this story arc will evolve. Did anyone catch what Dahrk was saying in Latin when he dropped his blood into "The Holy Grail"?

It was great to see Thea, Laurel and Diggle working together. The action scenes and fight choreography could be better, but one should remember that the "Arrow" crew is working with a much smaller budget than many of the other superhero shows. Watching Diggle shoot down bad guys with his Glock I'm seriously doubting that he follows Ollie's "no killing" rule, though. I mean, some of these shots must be deadly!

I still don't understand why an experienced police officer like Quentin Lance would even consider collaborating with a man like Dahrk. This inconsistency has sadly been a problem with Quentin's character the last two seasons...the writers make him act OOC for plot reasons. Paul Blackthorne is one of the show's best actors, but even he can't save his character from poor writing.

As always the writing got a bit too cheesy sometimes, and the way the writers hammered in the central themes through dialogue was pretty heavy-handed, but otherwise I thought it was a solid episode, especially in comparison with the pretty atrocious season three finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent

Condolences go out to the Olicity fans, who also must struggle with roadblocks along their journey....

BTW, very eloquent defense of Ollie, with an especially impassioned closing argument...but I've already found him guilty in this particular ep and I'm denying pleas to entertain appeals
              !
              Aww, thanks. Thanks also for giving me a nice meaty topic to argue.

"In this particular episode". So then hope lives on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                I think it's Lance in that grave. No pun intended, but he pretty much dug his own grave, by obeying DD. And I don't see a positive scenario where Lance gets out of that, alive.
                I agree. The first two episodes showing Lance's dealing with the Devil Damien Darhk doesn't bode well for him.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎