No announcement yet.

MacGyver (CBS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacGyver (CBS)

CBS is developing a contemporary version of the classic ABC ’80s action drama, TVLine has confirmed.

The potential new series — hailing from Saw and Furious 7 director James Wan, the original show’s executive producer Henry Winkler and NCIS: LA‘s R. Scott Gemmill — follows twentysomething Angus MacGyver as he gets recruited into the clandestine organization from the old ABC drama. As he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters, the remake will reveal how MacGyver acquired his famous skill sets.

Awesome hopefully Richard Dean Anderson guest stars.

I still need to fininsh the original series on Netflix I got to some episode in season 3 but I forget which one so I guess I would start over.

Comment

Other sources are claiming that it's high on CBS' priority list and that James Wan was supposed to make a MacGyver film in 2012 but, never saw the light of day. As well as there was an attempt to make a remake before.

It's a positive knowing that those involved are passionate about the project.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-02-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Im hoping this turns out really well. I was a big fan of MacGyver back in the day and even when it used to air as a block with Quantum Leap on USA Network. Good to hear the people involved with the original series r involved. That gives me a lot of hope it will be a good show.

Comment

It has been given a pilot order and additionally CBS is teaming up with Lionsgate to develop a big screen reboot too. It's still unclear yet whether the tv and movie universes are one in the same.

Comment

CSI vet George Eads has been cast in the series. Eads will appear in the pilot as Lincoln, a man who could be written off as a conspiracy theorist, but is actually a legitimate government employee.

Comment

I just started watching the original series again.

Comment

CBS scheduled it for Friday at 8 PM.

Comment

Comment

Premiere is tomorrow at 8 PM

Comment

I have faith that since Henry Winkler is involved this wont be a bad remake. He knows what hes doing so I'll give it a chance.

Does anyone know if theyre gonna b bringing back the original theme? There have been rumors the original song would b coming back. Hope its true because that and Quantum Leap along with Night Court and Cheers had my favorite themes when i was a kid.

Comment

The theme song includes an updated version of the beginning of the original theme.

Comment

Team Phoenix vs Team Scorpion...calling the crossover

Comment

The first episode was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              Team Phoenix vs Team Scorpion...calling the crossover
                              Scorpion all the way :P

While I liked the episode as a whole, for the first half of it I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the MacGyver version of the young/hip spoof version of SG-1 that was shown briefly in their 200th episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎