Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes Reborn #1.1 & 1.2 "Brave New World" & "Odessa"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a excellent premiere, it had the same feel of Heroes from season 1 before it went to **** thanks to writers' strike.

But... I couldn't help but feel that all those new characters were there to replace some old characters who weren't coming back. But I noticed that in the previews some old faces are coming back, so that's good.

I want Hiro back, he's my fave in this entire series.

Comment

• It lacked the fun and quirkiness the show had, particularly in the first episode. There was a rushed element to the character's stories and not enough care placed with them. The video game element seemed odd and unneeded. It took up screen time from the other characters' stuff. So much happening made the story feel cluttered. In the first episode there were a lot of story elements, but it worked better because several of them were in the same area intersected with eachother. Peter, Mohinder and Issac's storylines all fit together. While Claire and Hiro's were off in their own place. With this it was more like there was two characters that interconnected with two storylines, while everything else felt disconnected. Tommy, Miko, Noah/Quentin, Carlos and Molly were fully disconnected, with the small connective tissue of Tommy and Noah/Quentin through Luke and Joanne barely interacting. There's little connection with these characters. That said, I liked most of the characters fine. I want to see where this is going, but there was a little too lacklusterness to this episode for me to really fully be interested like I was with the prior show.

God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives! God bless everyone!

Comment

• I thought it was pretty good, and I disagree. The video game aspect was really cool, for me at least. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shayminty
          I thought it was pretty good, and I disagree. The video game aspect was really cool, for me at least. I really enjoyed it.
          Hey, I recognize that tag under your username! :P Hi!

I really liked the episode. The video game stuff was interesting, it's a very unique power. And while I'm disappointed that Molly Walker isn't being played by Adair Tishler again, it did give me a "Holy crap!" reaction when they revealed it.

Comment

• Enjoyed the premier. As usual love everything Noah Bennett. Great to see new characters. Feels like a new season of Heroes rather than a new show.
            Also, Rene

Comment

• Originally posted by RiddlerHanjinome
              And while I'm disappointed that Molly Walker isn't being played by Adair Tishler again, it did give me a "Holy crap!" reaction when they revealed it.
              It would have been SO awkward to see Adair Tishler doing some of the things this Molly did. Though she's only 3 years younger than Francesca Eastwood, I'd still see that little girl in her face.

Comment

• This was....pretty good. Consider me impressed . The episode really managed to embody a lot of what made the first season so great for me. I didn't have a problem with the lack of connection between the characters, because I know that's what they're building up to. What made the first season of the original so exhilarating and fun for me was seeing all the characters and their stories eventually intertwine with each other, which set up the climatic Kirby Plaza battle (i.e my favorite scene of Heroes). I know they're going a similar route here.

In regards to all the plots:

Noah/Quentin: Love that Noah's back. For old fans, he's an important anchor in-between the two shows. I watched Dark Matters, so I already had attachment to Quentin and his search for his sister, so I think him and HRG working together is going to be helpful to both.

Murder Couple
                Luke and Joanne: I like the complexity behind why they kill Evos, but it still turns my stomach......leveling even that of Sylar's sprees from the first season. But dammit, thanks to Tommy, they now have the information of thousands of evolved humans.

Tommy/Emily: I like Tommy, and I think he's cute as hell lol. But more seriously, I relate to his issues of hiding who he is....that crippling fear, suppression,...that's something I know too well as an LGBT person. I thought his powers were kind of cheesy when I first saw the promo, but they managed to actually look cool in presentation. Regarding the bully, I liked that he wasn't a complete generic jock. The abusive step father thing added a nice layer of complexity to him. Also, I really like Emily; she's extremely supportive and nice..almost to a fault.

Carlos: This part of the episode/s was confusing at first, but I got a good handle on it. I like the idea of a masked superhero out there in the world of Heroes. That's something the original never explored...an actual superhero (or rather vigilante, for realistic purposes) fighting crime. I liked the nephew too and felt bad that he seems to have shame about what he can do.

Miko: I've heard mixed opinions about her part of the hour. I gotta say, the video-game concept was a big shock, but I thought it was very ambitious. I appreciate that the writers took such a creative risk there. Overall, I like Miko a lot. She has shades of Hiro to her, definitely.

Malina (chick in the artic): I wonder what exactly is going on in her extremely separated corner of the show. She's definitely the most isolated (even more than Miko), but it seems like she'll be the one most important to whatever big catastrophe is coming.

Comment

• I'm excited to see where this is going. Loved the original series and this season looks like a good one so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by KSiteTV
                    It would have been SO awkward to see Adair Tishler doing some of the things this Molly did. Though she's only 3 years younger than Francesca Eastwood, I'd still see that little girl in her face.
                    That's true. Hadn't thought of it that way.

Comment

• I watched the repeat on the Syfy channel this morning. After watching a second time I think I have a better grasp on all of the new characters and story lines than I did before. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

During the live commentary I only post during the commercials and by the time the commercials came on I forgot to comment on Noah parking in his old spot at Primatech. I enjoyed that little moment. :P

Comment

• I love the two episodes but the only i'm not liking is Katina Girl right now...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎