No announcement yet.

Heroes Reborn Prequel: "Dark Matters"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes Reborn Prequel: "Dark Matters"

All of the episodes of "Dark Matters" are now available on the Heroes Reborn app (http://www.nbc.com/heroesrebornapp). Figured I'd create a discussion thread to talk about it!

(Spoilers being discussed, obviously)

First off, I love that it feels immediately like we're revisiting the Heroes world. We get a little update as to what happened after Claire Bennet revealed herself to the world. One of my favorite Degrassi actors, Aislinn Paul, plays Phoebe Frady, whose brother Quentin's journey will surely be a part of the regular series.

I'm a little curious how much if at all the prequel will be referenced or seen on the show. Obviously, it will affect Quentin's story, but there's a scene in the prequel that is in the actual Heroes Reborn trailer, so I'm curious.

There was one thing that made me uncomfortable with Dark Matters, though, and that was the language. I am not a prude but I don't think Heroes is the place to use words like "BS" or "a-hole" (but they used the actual words). If I'm trying to convert a new fan, that might not be the best thing to do.

Thoughts from others who have watched?
    10 - Heroes is BACK!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bland Matters
    0%

your going to find this thread to be very bare im afraid. The problem is, due to it being app only, alot of people wont watch it since alot of people prefer watching shows on a computer or tv (me included). So i figured, why not, so i broke down and tried to get the app for my iphone....another mistake, since according to nbc, im canadian (which i am) which also means i should not get to watch the show since its only available to the USA....ok than, so i decided to try to watch it on itunes, with the watch on itunes button, great...again, im not american. What the hell nbc.....so you wish for people to view your series legit, which i am trying my damnedest to do, with every legal way i possibly can, but you are the ones, not allowing me to watch it, legally....and of course you take down all the illegal links as well...and no one has written a summary of all the episodes yet, so it seems like until it comes on tv with the new series, i will not be able to watch this prequel....and i imagine alot of others are having the same problems too, unless someone can enlighten me with a legal way to watch this prequel? this whole experience has been frustrating to the point that i almost considered simply not watching the series itself when it comes in september, because i do NOT agree with nbc's mandate here to make things difficult for canadians...

Comment

I'm surprised NBC hasn't made it available via NBC.com at least, yet.

I could've sworn what I saw in the app had an embed code though... I should look into it.

Comment

The whole series is now available online, worldwide:

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            The whole series is now available online, worldwide:

http://www.herosite.net/2015/08/hero...is-now-online/

once again the glorious decision makers decided that canadians are second class citizens and are not allowed to watch it as its not available in our country....sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by tam123
              once again the glorious decision makers decided that canadians are second class citizens and are not allowed to watch it as its not available in our country....sigh.
              Hey could be worse, you could be from Australia where even on pay TV you have to wait a week or 2 after American air times to see the episode. And people wonder why Australia has the highest download ratio per capita.

Comment

didn't really like these episodes

Comment

I didn't watch all of them before the official "Heroes Reborn" premiere but I had seen enough to catch the references. I think it might even be better to go back and watch them now after the first episode.

Either way, I liked them. I like the set up. I don't like the way they filmed it though. The "Found Footage" style is wearing itself thin. No body records everything they do like that. It doesn't make sense. Like when they are in the room with Hero Truther and you can see a guy behind Quentin holding an Iphone to film the encounter. Who the hell does that?

Comment

I liked it the stories gave you great bake group of what happen. love that they use Mikka [ don't know if that how you spell it] in this.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎