(Green) Arrow's new season 4 costume

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Green) Arrow's new season 4 costume

What do you think?

Seems that Yao Fei's/Shado's/Arrow's green hood is not going to come back. Pity, I liked it very much. New costume looks quite similar to this version - link. Overall it looks better that I expected BUT (there always must be some BUT) I'm not sure about some parts (especially that this hood doesn't cover his face too well). I wonder if it's already confirmed as the official design?

But then again how the costume looks might be the smallest problem which lies ahead of the season 4...
    Last edited by Amarice; 07-12-2015, 06:46 AM.

Originally posted by Amarice
    http://www.greenarrowtv.com/stephen-...stume-revealed

What do you think?

Seems that Yao Fei's/Shado's/Arrow's green hood is not going to come back. Pity, I liked it very much. New costume looks quite similar to this version - link. Overall it looks better that I expected BUT (there always must be some BUT) I'm not sure about some parts (especially that this hood doesn't cover his face too well). I wonder if it's already confirmed as the official design?

But then again how the costume looks might be the smallest problem which lies ahead of the season 4...
    Looks fine to me. I'm really pumped for season 4 this fall.

Comment

I think the new costume is really cool. I think his bare arms r gonna b cold in the winter though!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        I think the new costume is really cool. I think his bare arms r gonna b cold in the winter though!
        My thoughts exactly.

Also, full jacket offered a bit better protection from getting hurt (abrasions caused by falling from the roof/motocycle/whatever). But since the screenwriters doesn't care any more about those things (Oliver surivivng three sniper's shots stright to the chest in season 3 finale etc.) I don't think they will give too much though about this.

I like that he is carring more arrows in his quiver though.

Comment

I get the progression in the suit as it is a lot like the actual suit from the comics now. My only problem with it is the fact that Yao Fei's hood isn't coming back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
            I get the progression in the suit as it is a lot like the actual suit from the comics now. My only problem with it is the fact that Yao Fei's hood isn't coming back again.
            As cool as we all think the hood was , Oliver has to distance himself from it. Remember, everyone thinks that that hero he once was is dead. They have to keep up that illusion or risk Oliver getting arrested again, very quickly. What better way to protect himself than getting a new costume and modifying his name? That way he could claim to be a copy-cat vigilante or something if need be.

All I know is if Lance turns ally of Arrow again, they need to keep him that way this time. This flip flopping nonsense of "does he like him or hate him" is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
              As cool as we all think the hood was , Oliver has to distance himself from it. Remember, everyone thinks that that hero he once was is dead. They have to keep up that illusion or risk Oliver getting arrested again, very quickly. What better way to protect himself than getting a new costume and modifying his name? That way he could claim to be a copy-cat vigilante or something if need be.

All I know is if Lance turns ally of Arrow again, they need to keep him that way this time. This flip flopping nonsense of "does he like him or hate him" is getting old.
              Well seeming that Oliver has officially been cleared once from being the Arrow, Lance had no true proof (unless I'm forgetting something, as walking into the Arrowcave in a building that Oliver doesn't own isn't definitive proof) that he was the Arrow and that Roy showed up in the suit and confessed I think they could have kept it.
              I do understand the reasoning for it, but after they have made a constant effort through all the seasons to show what the hood meant to him (S1 the flashbacks, S2 the flashbacks and Sara mentioning it, S3 Cisco saying that he left the hood alone because someone told him how much it meant to Oliver) it seems like they are suddenly back tracking on it.

I don't expect him to officially take the title Green Arrow this season, at least not until the finale pretty much. Essentially he is supposed to be a brand new hero so it wouldn't make sense to initially call him the Green Arrow IMO.

Once thing I did just realise though is that in the trailer for LoT Oliver has his old costume on so I have to wonder if this means we won't see the new costume until the second half of the season after LoT has started or if they are just going to retcon that at some point. It's a minor thing sure, but it just screams out that they aren't really planning out things extremely well or else they would have continuity in the smaller details.

If Lance doesn't become an ally again then I really don't see what storyline he can possibly have. Surely they can't have him going after the 'new' vigilante as that would be a copy of season 1. Also with how S3 ended it seems like while Lance has some hatred for Oliver/the Arrow he does know that overall he is trying to protect the city and for that reason alone he will be an ally, though it's probably more realistic to expect him to turn a blind eye to Oliver for this season providing that he isn't severely hurting and/or killing anyone. It would be pretty much the only aspect of the Lance/Arrow dynamic that we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Once thing I did just realise though is that in the trailer for LoT Oliver has his old costume on so I have to wonder if this means we won't see the new costume until the second half of the season after LoT has started or if they are just going to retcon that at some point. It's a minor thing sure, but it just screams out that they aren't really planning out things extremely well or else they would have continuity in the smaller details.
                Barry was the only other hero in shots with Oliver there, so it would be pretty easy for them to re-film those pieces. And that's assuming that scene wasn't just for the trailer since they haven't started filming LoT yet.

Comment

Diggle has a new costume too:

Comment

Considering what Stephen posted on Facebook yesterday....I'm pretty happy with the new costume and being Green Arrow....

Stephen Amell's awesome live Green Arrow intro at Comic Con. Arrow Comic Con Panel ► http://youtu.be/yrIATYxfNo0Subscribe for more! ► http://bit.ly/FlicksSub...

Comment

I don't think he's going to go to court to try and get it back.

Comment

If Lance doesn't become an ally again then I really don't see what storyline he can possibly have. Surely they can't have him going after the 'new' vigilante as that would be a copy of season 1. Also with how S3 ended it seems like while Lance has some hatred for Oliver/the Arrow he does know that overall he is trying to protect the city and for that reason alone he will be an ally, though it's probably more realistic to expect him to turn a blind eye to Oliver for this season providing that he isn't severely hurting and/or killing anyone. It would be pretty much the only aspect of the Lance/Arrow dynamic that we haven't seen yet.
                        They either going to kill Lance off on the very beginning of season 4, or he is going to become an ally again. The ending of the season 3 foreshadows this somehow, when he seems to have another change of heart and doesn't necessary want Oliver to be killed off. IMO it would be interesting if Lance know very well that (Green) Arrow is in fact Oliver Queen but was not able to prove it and have to either accept that he is again doing his vigilante thing or trying to capture him. Again. Which would be extremely booooring. An reluctant ally then, please.

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                        I don't think he's going to go to court to try and get it back.
                        He could steal it back from the police storage room. Srsly, he spent half of the first season coming in and out of the police station as he wished. Getting back Yao Fei's hood wouldn't be a big thing.

I agree with Lipzo that the original hood had a great sentimental value and I would like to see it back, if not in this season, then in fifth. Would be a nice touch, if the connected the new suit with old hood creating the version of Green Arrow we all want to see. But guess what?

They will never do that.

Comment

Well seeming that Oliver has officially been cleared once from being the Arrow, Lance had no true proof (unless I'm forgetting something, as walking into the Arrowcave in a building that Oliver doesn't own isn't definitive proof) that he was the Arrow and that Roy showed up in the suit and confessed I think they could have kept it.
                          I do understand the reasoning for it, but after they have made a constant effort through all the seasons to show what the hood meant to him (S1 the flashbacks, S2 the flashbacks and Sara mentioning it, S3 Cisco saying that he left the hood alone because someone told him how much it meant to Oliver) it seems like they are suddenly back tracking on it.

I don't expect him to officially take the title Green Arrow this season, at least not until the finale pretty much. Essentially he is supposed to be a brand new hero so it wouldn't make sense to initially call him the Green Arrow IMO.

Yeah, Lance as a reluctant ally probably is the only route left with him. Season 1 they were enemies, season 2 they were allies because Lance realized it was necessary, season 3 enemies...sooner or later even the most uninformed/casual fan will pick up the pattern, they have to change it up somehow with out being entirely predictable.

But as much as I'm reluctant to and hate to see yet another Lance die, frankly I've been dreading his death since the season 2 finale. I'm shocked he's lasted this long to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            Diggle has a new costume too:

Nice! I wonder if he'll pick up the guardian moniker or come up with an original name?

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                              He could steal it back from the police storage room. Srsly, he spent half of the first season coming in and out of the police station as he wished. Getting back Yao Fei's hood wouldn't be a big thing.

I agree with Lipzo that the original hood had a great sentimental value and I would like to see it back, if not in this season, then in fifth. Would be a nice touch, if the connected the new suit with old hood creating the version of Green Arrow we all want to see. But guess what?

They will never do that.
                              Why would he do that? As much as I dislike the season and how poor the season finale was, they made it kind of clear that he was letting go of the past to be Oliver Queen again. Its sentimental value brings a lot of horrible memories with it, it's better off in storage and using that hood again would just be stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎