No announcement yet.

Just A Game

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed67
    Oh how did I not see this update?? Geez Leanne you have totally got me hooked on Clex!! Loved that Clark really does understand more about how love works than Lex does. And he can get through to him too.
    I have to say I get a kick out of knowing I got you hooked on this. As for Clark understanding more about love than Lex, I do think that. Since Clark has since how his parents feel about each other. For Lex, having that relationship with Clark makes a huge difference.

Comment

Author: phoenixnz
      Title: Success
      Rating: PG
      Genre: Slash, humour
      Fandom: Smallville
      Pairing: Clark/Lex

a/n: These oneshots are going to be random in the timeline but are all linked to show different times in Clark and Lex's life together.

The door slammed making Lex wince. Hurried footsteps could be heard in the hallway. A second later he was nearly squashed in what seemed to be a huge bear hug and swung around until he was dizzy.

“Guess what?”

Lex hated guessing games. Whenever he’d been made to read a book in English Lit class at Excelsior he’d always read the last page first; that way there were no surprises. Clark would tell him it was cheating but he didn’t care. He preferred to think of it as being forewarned.

“What’s going on, Clark?” he asked, stepping back to stare at his tall partner.

Clark’s face, which had practically been glowing with excitement, fell in disappointment at his reaction.

“You’re not excited. I’ve seen you more excited when you buyout another company.”

“I’m sorry. What would you prefer? I put on a grass skirt and do the hula?”

Clark rolled his eyes. “Fine. Be like that.” He folded his arms and leaned against the door frame. “If you’re going to be a sourpuss, I’m not going to tell you.”

Lex huffed. He couldn’t win.

He threw up his arms and walked away, ignoring Clark’s pathetic complaints behind him. His boyfriend followed him through the penthouse, going on and on about how he’d always been there to support Lex through his battles with his father, his efforts to win over Clark’s parents and his struggles to get his own company off the ground.

Sure, Clark had always been there to give Lex a morale boost, but Lex had also been there, supporting his friend through his troubles with Lana, his questions about his sexuality, not to mention his problems with his super-human abilities.

They’d been there for each other at their best and worst moments. Lex thought he should be forgiven if he was not jumping up and down in excitement the way Clark expected. He’d had a long day and he was tired! Had the shoe been on the other foot, and had Clark not been an invulnerable alien, dealing with Lionel’s machinations would make him tired too.

Clark refused to speak to him for the rest of the evening, stretching out in Lex’s favourite recliner, his feet on the coffee table. Lex had spoken to him repeatedly about putting his feet up on the furniture, especially on furniture which held food platters, but this time he said nothing. If Clark wanted to act like a petulant child then he was going to ignore the behaviour.

Lex was stuck watching some inane television program since Clark had appropriated the remote. He supposed he could have gone into his study to do some work on his latest business project, but he had made Clark a promise that he would stop working at a certain time.

The phone rang and he picked it up automatically, while Clark pretended to ignore it.

“Luthor!” he snapped, wondering what was so important that someone would be calling at this time of night.

“Well, and hello to you too, Mr Grumpy Pants. Who put the stick up your ass?”

Lex rolled his eyes. Lois.

“What do you want, Lane?”

“Is Smallville there or have you got him strapped down in your secret lab?”

Lex huffed. “Funny, Lane. He’s here.”

“Well?”

He looked up. Clark’s gaze was still locked on the action on the screen but he had clearly been listening.

“It’s the pain in my ass,” Lex told his partner unnecessarily.

He heard the dulcet tones of Lois Lane complaining about billionaires and their smart mouths but ignored it as he handed the phone over. Clark snatched the handset from him.

“Lois,” he said in a flirty tone. “Yeah, I know. He’s an acquired taste. I know. No, I haven’t told him. Why? Because he doesn’t seem interested, that’s why. I don’t know. I really don’t care. Oh? Well, since when are you defending … Fine. Whatever. See you in the trenches Lane.”

In the trenches? Did that mean what Lex thought it meant? He knew Clark had been trying to get into the intern program at the Daily Planet, but the competition had been fierce. Not that he thought Clark was less qualified than his fellow applicants, but there were others with more experience. The bulk of Clark’s journalism experience was working for the Smallville Torch, mostly writing up the cafeteria menus. Sure, he’d spent his freshman and sophomore years at college volunteering at the Met U Bulletin, but would that be enough?

If Clark had got the internship, Lex couldn’t blame him for being excited. It was something his boyfriend had wanted for a long time and despite Lex’s own reservations about it, he had done his best to support Clark.

He was a jerk, if that was the case.

“I’m a jerk,” he said.

Clark looked at him.

“What?”

“You got the internship, didn’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry. You’ve been working toward this for the past two years and I should have been more supportive.”

Clark shrugged. The initial elation had obviously worn off.

“Clark, I mean it,” Lex said softly.

“I’m still mad at you.”

“You have every right to be …“ Lex began, but Clark cut him off at the pass.

“Look, I get it. But the thing is, this was something I wanted to share with you, I mean, as my boyfriend, and you couldn’t even muster up any enthusiasm. I know you have reservations about it, but this was my dream. The least you could have done was be happy for me.”

Lex moved over to be closer to Clark, putting a hand on his thigh.

“Clark, I am happy for you. You’re right, I do have reservations, but I care enough about you to want to support you in the pursuit of your dreams. I mean, you’ve been there to support me when I’ve been out pursuing my dreams, so fair’s fair. I’m sorry if my response tonight wasn’t what you hoped for, but in my defence, I’d had a rough day and I’m exhausted. Don’t ever feel that I don’t want to support you, whatever you want to do, now or in the future.”

Clark looked at him, his expression softening. He shifted his hand, clasping Lex’s.

“Forever?”

“Forever,” Lex smiled. “Now, why don’t we go look through the wine collection and you can pick out anything you want so we can drink to your success.”

Comment

Ahhh those boys! They both need an anvil over the head, well just Clark cause it'd kill Lex.....who said love would be easy??

Comment

Ahhh those boys! They both need an anvil over the head, well just Clark cause it'd kill Lex.....who said love would be easy??
          Hee, you're not wrong Wendy.

Comment

Title: Moving Day
            Rating: PG
            Genre: Slash, romance, slice of life
            Fandom: Smallville

Summary: Clark's moving in to the dorms

Lex hefted the box and frowned.
            “What have you got in here, Clark?” he asked.
            His boyfriend shrugged. “Just books and stuff.”
            “Weighs a ton,” Lex complained.
            Clark grinned at him. “Poor you. I guess you’d normally have someone to move that stuff for you.”
            Lex raised an eyebrow at the brunet.
            “Is that your way of saying I’m spoiled?” he asked. Clark grinned.
            “Perish the thought.”
            Jonathan came out of the yellow farmhouse with another box.
            “I think that’s the last of it, Clark,” he said.
            Clark glanced over the collection of boxes in the back of the truck, then frowned.
            “No, I think there’s one more. In the barn.”
            He was gone before Lex could blink. Lex sighed in exasperation.
            “Do you ever get used to that?” he asked.
            Jonathan laughed. “Eventually.” He frowned as he looked Lex over. “You okay, son? You look a little beat.”
            “Yeah, I’m okay. I’ve just been working day and night on this new acquisition for the past couple of weeks. I didn’t want my dad to beat me to the punch.”
            “Still, you should take some time out. Have some fun.”
            “Why do you think I’m helping Clark move in to the dorm?” he said.
            “That’s not fun, Lex.”
            He shrugged. “Yeah, I get that. We’ll probably order some takeout and watch movies at my apartment for the rest of the evening. I know it’s not much in the way of entertainment, but at least I get to spend time with Clark before he starts classes.”
            Clark returned, walking at, for once, human pace. He had a large box in his arms. More books, Lex assumed. He watched as his boyfriend loaded the box onto the truck and made sure everything was secure before tying down the cover.
            “Why don’t you go on in and say goodbye to your mother?” Jonathan suggested.
            Clark grinned. Lex snorted as his friend practically bounded over to the steps and up on to the porch. Jonathan watched for a moment, then turned back to Lex.
            “Son, I wanted to talk to you.”
            Lex frowned. “About what?”
            “I know you’re moving your base of operations to Metropolis and that means you and Clark are going to see a lot of each other.”
            “Well, sir …” He began to protest, thinking Jonathan was still upset about him dating Clark. It hadn’t been easy telling the other man at first, but Lex had spent the last two years earning the man’s trust and respect.
            “Now, before you go thinking the worst, I just wanted to say that I think you and Clark are good for each other. I expect Clark will still keep his grades up though.”
            Clark had been awarded an academic scholarship to Met U, but a condition of that was that he maintain his 4.0 average.
            “I appreciate that and don’t worry. I promise I will not try to monopolise too much of Clark’s time.”
            “It’s not just his study time I’m worried about, son. I’ve seen how hard you’ve been working to build up your company and I’m proud of you. But don’t let yourself get bogged down in your work. It’s important to have a balance Lex.”
            Lex only half heard the last part. He was too busy trying to absorb the fact that the older man was proud of him.
            “Have you told your father about Clark?”
            Lex’s temporary high came crashing down.
            “Uh, no.”
            Jonathan frowned. “Your father doesn’t know you and Clark are dating? He will find out eventually, son.”
            Lex understood that. They’d been very careful about not being seen at social events together as a couple knowing that Lionel would probably see it as a weakness. Lex’s relationship with his father had always been adversarial, but it had got much worse since Lex had broken away completely from LuthorCorp to set up his own company.
            Tess and Lucas had completely disowned their father as well. Suffice to say, Lionel was not pleased.
            Clark came out of the house, biting on a chocolate chip cookie. He also carried a plastic baggie full of them.
            “Vital supplies for the road,” he grinned.
            Jonathan laughed. “Call us when you get to Metropolis,” he said. “Your mom will worry otherwise.”
            Lex nodded. “All right. Let’s get this show on the road.” He climbed in the passenger seat of the truck. Jonathan leaned in the window.
            “Take care of each other,” he said. “And Lex … if you ever need some fatherly advice, don’t hesitate.”
            “I won’t,” Lex replied.
            The journey to the city felt long. When Clark was driving one of Lex’s cars he tended to drive just barely over the limit, but in the truck he stuck to about five miles under. Lex didn’t mind though, knowing his boyfriend just wanted to make sure nothing got too bounced around in the back.
            It was dark by the time they had everything moved in to Clark’s dorm. Lex was beginning to feel the activity in his muscles. He was fit and strong, but clearly walking up and down stairs and carrying heavy cartons used different muscles than when he worked out.
            He lifted his arm and flexed his shoulder muscle as they entered the penthouse.
            “So, what do you want to get for dinner?” he asked.
            “Mm, maybe we should get some Chinese food from the restaurant downstairs,” Clark suggested.
            Lex nodded. “Sounds like a plan.”
            He picked up the phone to call in the order, then frowned. He was sure when he had left the apartment earlier that morning he hadn’t left the scotch out, yet the open decanter was sitting on the wet bar, the stopper lying on its side. He cautiously entered the living room, sighing when he saw Lionel sitting in the armchair.
            “Ah, Lex. I was wondering when you would be returning.”
            “I’ve been helping Clark move in to the dorm,” he said. “What do you want, Dad?”
            “Can’t I pay a social call to my son?” Lionel tried for an innocent look.
            “Not in this reality, no.”
            Maybe in another reality, Lex would have had the loving father he’d always wanted, but he’d long since given up on ever getting that from Lionel. He had realised that as long as he had Clark and the Kents, he didn’t need his father.
            Lionel looked up, smiling at Clark. He had a strange look in his eyes.
            “Clark. I hadn’t realised you were starting college soon. I suppose Lex will be seeing a lot of you, now that you’re both living in the city.”
            “That’s right,” Lex said. “I will be seeing a lot more of him.”
            “Well, do remember that you have a business to run. I’d hate to see you get complacent. Oh, and I do advise you be careful. I would hate for your stock to devalue if someone were to get the wrong idea.”
            Clark frowned at the older man. “What is that supposed to mean?”
            “He means that someone might see us together and assume we’re in a relationship.” Lex looked coolly at his father. “They can assume all they like. It’s the twenty-first century, Dad. Same sex relationships aren’t as taboo as they once were. And FYI, we are in a relationship. Clark and I have been dating for two years.”
            Lionel stood up and glared at him as if the slight difference in height would make him more intimidating.
            “I see.”
            “You didn’t come here for a social call, Dad. You heard some gossip about Clark and I and came to see if it was true. Is that about the gist of it?”
            “You really should reconsider, Lex.”
            “If my company’s value goes down it won’t be because of my relationship with Clark. Like I said, Dad, it’s not the taboo subject it once was. Besides, anyone who calls my company’s integrity into question because of it is someone I have no interest in doing business with. There is a reason I avoided telling you, Dad. Because I knew you would be just as judgmental and just as ignorant as I always thought you were.”
            “You always did let your emotions get the best of you, Lex,” the older man sighed.
            “Actually, I happen to think emotions make him a better man,” Clark replied, glaring at Lionel. “And I think you’ve about worn out your welcome. There’s the door. Don’t let it hit you on the way out.”
            Lionel stared at Clark for a minute, as if he was considering challenging him. Clark’s green-eyed gaze was steady. Lionel obviously thought better of it and walked toward the door. Lex stood stiffly, his hands in his pockets, until he heard the door close.
            “Is he gone?” he asked in a low voice.
            “He’s gone,” Clark said, after narrowing his eyes and staring through the wall. He wrapped his arms around Lex and hugged him. “You did great.”
            Lex sighed. “I knew this would happen sooner or later. I just hoped it would be later.”
            “Well, he knows now, and he knows there’s nothing he can do to us.”
            Lex relaxed in his lover’s embrace.
            “You’re right,” he said.
            “Come on, let’s call for dinner and relax,” Clark said, taking his hand and pulling him to the couch. Lex found himself curled up next to his lover, watching some cheesy old movie. This was the only thing that mattered, he thought. He had good food, old movies, and Clark. What else was there?

Comment

I know I've replied to this elsewhere but I just had to say, I really hate Lionel. 😒

Comment

I know I've replied to this elsewhere but I just had to say, I really hate Lionel. 
                Me too.

Comment

Movie Night

“So what do you want to watch?” Clark asked as he sat on the leather couch.

Lex waved his hand. “I don’t care,” he said, his eyes still locked on his laptop. Clark frowned at his friend, wondering what could possibly have attracted his interest.

“What are you reading?” he asked.

“Nothing. I thought you were going to pick a movie?”

Lex didn’t even look up at him.

“I don’t want to pick a movie that you’ll only complain you’ve seen like a hundred times or something.”

“I told you, I don’t care what you pick!”

Clark was taken aback at his friend’s tone. Maybe they’d only been seeing each other a few months, but he would have thought they’d got past the secrets stage of their relationship. After all, Lex knew everything about him now.

He stood up, biting his lip, wondering what he could have possibly done to deserve Lex to snap at him the way he had.

“You know what? Maybe I’m not in the mood to watch a movie. Not if you’re going to be like that.”

Still nothing. Not even a glare. Clark stood in the middle of the room, staring at his friend, who was still absorbed in whatever was on the screen.

“Are you mad at me about something?”

Still Lex didn’t look up. “What could you have possibly done to make me mad at you?” he asked, in a tone which suggested itwas something Clark had done. He knew when Lex was being sarcastic.

“Fine,” he replied. He tried to think of a decent comeback but it eluded him. Instead he walked out, speeding back to the farm.

His parents were sitting on the couch, watching some old movie, when he walked in. His mother frowned at him.

“I thought you were watching a movie with Lex tonight?” she asked. She studied him. “What’s wrong, sweetie?”

“Nothing. I … I’m just gonna go to bed.”

Even his father, who was not a big fan of Lex, although he was slowly coming around, looked concerned.

“Did you two have a fight?” he asked.

He shrugged. How could you have a fight when one of the parties involved couldn’t even look at you?

He went up to bed, but didn’t sleep, laying awake until well past the early hours of the morning.

When he got up the next morning - Saturday, he had half-expected Lex to be sitting at the breakfast table or a message waiting for him saying that his friend had called. There was nothing.

His father looked at him, coffee in hand.

“Afternoon, sleepyhead.”

Clark glanced at the clock and was relieved to see it was only eight-thirty. Back when he’d been a freshman he had overslept so it was almost noon when he’d got up. His father never failed to tease him about it.

Still, he wasn’t in the mood to be teased. He grumbled something and went out to do his chores, not even using his abilities to complete them.

There was no call from Lex that day, or the next. He spent the next week moping, refusing to talk to anyone about it. When he went to the Talon after school on Friday, there was no sign that Lex had even been in to the coffee shop.

Lana finally told him that Lex had gone to the city and hadn’t mentioned when he would be back. That just made Clark even more miserable.

He overheard his parents talking later that night.

“Well, something must have happened,” his mother was saying. “He’s been moping around the farm for a week now.”

“I’ve tried talking to him, Martha, but he just won’t talk to me.”

“Then maybe we need to go somewhere else.”

“You mean, Lex,” his father replied. “You’re right. I’m going to get to the bottom of this.”

Clark wanted to go after his father, but wondered if there was any point. If Lex wanted him to know why he was angry, Clark was sure his friend would have told him. Then again, it was so typical of Lex to pretend to be stoic and not even say anything. There were times when Clark just didn’t understand the other man. He wondered sometimes why they were still friends, let alone dating. Especially when Lex was often so emotionally closed off.

Lex put the key down on the hall table, sighing, before running a hand over his bald head. It had been a very long week and he was exhausted. He glanced at his watch. It was only eight thirty but he was so tired all he wanted to do was go to bed and sleep for the next hundred years.

A polite cough had him looking around at Raines.

“What is it?”

“Mr Kent is at the gate,” the other man said.

For a moment, Lex thought the man meant Clark and he smiled briefly, thinking of his friend. Then he remembered that he hadn’t spoken to Clark in over a week and the reason why. Besides that, he thought, why would Clark call from the gate? He usually just jumped over the fence or ran around the pond.

He huffed and followed Raines into the study, pouring himself a glass of scotch, waiting as the other man let the visitor in.

“Luthor, what the hell have you done to my son?”

Lex swallowed hard and looked around at Jonathan Kent. The blond farmer looked less angry than upset.

“What do you mean?” he asked, trying to sound calmer than he felt.

“Clark came home early a week ago, after he was supposed to have had movie night with you. Now he’s moping and acting like he’s lost his best friend.”

“Mr Kent …”

“Did you two have a fight? Is that what this is about?”

“Not … not exactly,” he said. He put his glass down on the bar and walked over to the laptop. “I admit I was not very happy with Clark last week, but there’s a good reason for it.” He opened up the laptop and accessed a file, typing in a password, before moving the computer so the older man could see what was on it.

Jonathan stared at the video of Clark using his abilities on the farm. There was an extra clip of him being caught using his abilities to stop the latest meteor freak.

“Lex, that, uh … how did you get this?”

“I was sent it. By a man who tried to blackmail me. I’m fairly certain Lionel is behind the blackmail and I’ve spent the last week trying to get proof.”

The other man raised an eyebrow. “Blackmail?” He shifted uncomfortably on one foot. “Lex, how long have you known about Clark?”

“Since Ryan died,” Lex said. “Six months. I didn’t ask … Clark just told me.” He sighed. “I’ve been warning him about being careful when using his abilities but he just doesn’t think.”

“You’re protecting him,” the farmer said.

“Well, of course I’m protecting him. Why wouldn’t I?”

“That’s why you were mad at me?”

Lex looked around at Clark. He hadn’t realised his friend had even come in.

“Clark, I’ve warned you before about using your abilities. Do you know how many potential threats I’ve had to deal with the past six months? Do you have any idea what Lionel would do with this kind of information?”

“He’d still have to catch me first,” Clark said.

“And that is why I have been avoiding having this conversation, Clark,” he said, glancing at Jonathan, who seemed to be making a strategic withdrawal.

“Conversation?” Clark raised an eyebrow. “You know, just because we’re friends … more than … I mean, dating, doesn’t mean you get to tell me what to do.”

“This is not me telling you what to do. This is me telling you you’re getting careless.”

“Well what do you expect me to do when you’re the target for practically every meteor freak in town?” Clark retorted, raising his voice.

“I don’t need you to come running to my rescue. I’m not a damsel in distress!”

“Oh right, I forgot who I was talking to. How do you propose dealing with it, Lex? Paying them money to make them go away? Yeah, that worked so well the last time!”

“Well at least it’s better than you ending up in some lab somewhere!” Lex growled back at him. “You just don’t get it, Clark. Not everyone has your morals. One of these days, the wrong person is going to find out what you can do and the next thing you know some government agent is going to be on your doorstep. You’re too trusting, Clark.”

“Are you calling me stupid?”

“Not stupid, Clark. Naïve.”

They fell silent, glaring at each other for what seemed like several minutes. Lex finally approached his friend, putting a hand on his shoulder. Clark flinched and tried to pull away.

“Clark, I’m only telling you this for your own good. There’s only so much I can cover up.”

Clark still wouldn’t look at him.

“Clark …”

His friend moved away. “If that’s the way it’s going to be, then maybe we shouldn’t even …”

“I take it back. You’re an idiot!”

Clark’s eyes widened as he stared at him. “What?”

“You’re an idiot. Do you know what it would do to me if something bad happened to you? I care about you, dumbass.”

His friend looked at him incredulously. “Did you just call me dumbass?”

“That’s because you are, dumbass.”

Clark shifted, nudging him with his elbow. “You’re a dumbass.”

“Jerk.”

“*****.”

Lex raised an eyebrow at his friend, then grinned.

“You could have just talked to me, you know,” Clark said. “I mean, we’re supposed to be …”

“Okay, so I was mad at you. Don’t make a federal case out of it.”

Clark snickered, then sobered.

“So … are we okay?” Clark asked.

“Yeah. Until the next time you do something stupid like letting yourself get caught on surveillance.”

“Hey! It’s not like I do it on purpose.”

“That’s half your problem, Clark. You never do.”

“Like you never make mistakes?”

Lex snorted. “Of course not. I’m perfect.”

“You wish!”

Lex laughed. “Whatever farmboy.” Suddenly he wasn’t feeling so tired. “So, we never did get to watch that movie.”

“Yeah,” Clark said, then frowned. “Where did Dad …”

“I think it’s called a strategic withdrawal. I’m guessing he decided we needed to work it out.”

“I guess. So, movie huh? What did you want to see?”

“Hmm, what about the Fifth Element.”

Clark groaned. “How about no?”

“Speed?”

“Keanu Reeves? Ack, no.”

“Top Gun?”

“Cruise at his finest? Hell, yes.”

Lex grinned and led the way upstairs. He had a screen and entertainment system in his bedroom.

“So you think Cruise is cute?” he asked.

“He’s short.”

“What’s your point? I just asked if you thought he was cute.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Oh my god, why am I dating you again?”

“Cause I’m handsome and sexy.”

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Luthor.”

“You don’t think I’m sexy?”

“Don’t you dare start singing Rod Stewart.”

“Rod Stewart?”

“Yeah. I was reading this slash story online where the two guys get drunk and one starts singing karaoke. If ya want my body, and ya think I’m sexy,” Clark warbled tunelessly.

“Clark?”

“Yeah Lex?”

“Don’t give up your day job.”

Comment

Boys, boys, boys!!!! Oh the things we do for love, or not. Yes Lex and Clark are both dumbasses, will those two ever learn how to communicate properly? Although I had to laugh when they devolved into teenage insults!! Good on Johnathon for getting the lines of communication going too.

Comment

Boys, boys, boys!!!! Oh the things we do for love, or not. Yes Lex and Clark are both dumbasses, will those two ever learn how to communicate properly? Although I had to laugh when they devolved into teenage insults!! Good on Johnathon for getting the lines of communication going too.
                      I love it when the boys are being boys but yeah, they're both dumbasses.

New short oneshot coming up.

Comment

Author: phoenixnz
                        Title: Love Child
                        Genre: slash, humour
                        Rating: G

Lex heard the sound before he even turned off the ignition of his Porsche. He got out of the car, frowning as he listened.

“Love child, never meant to beeee, love child, societeeeeee.”

Jonathan paused in his work cleaning out the trough and grinned at Lex, who was looking up at the window of the barn loft with a perplexed expression.

“It’s no wonder Shelby came running out with his tail between his legs,” the blond farmer grinned.

Lex grinned sheepishly at the older man.

“I think I know what to get Clark for his birthday next month,” he said. Jonathan looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “A muzzle,” Lex continued.

Jonathan laughed out loud.

“Why don’t you go rescue everyone’s ears before he shatters something,” he said.

Lex made a face at Clark’s father as the young man in question began singing another line which sounded more like an air raid siren than an actual lyric.

“If I don’t make it back,” he said with a sigh, “tell Martha I want to be buried under the apple tree in the orchard.”

Jonathan laughed and aimed a swat at him.

“Go,” he said.

Lex put on a long-suffering sigh.

“Once more unto the breach …”

He was sure he heard Jonathan laughing even as he called Lex a drama queen. Lex walked in exaggerated steps, as if he was walking to his doom, entering the barn and climbing the steps to the loft.

Clark was sitting on the couch, a book on his lap, buds from earphones in his ears.

“I’ll always love it. I’ll always loooooove youuuuuuuhooohooo.”

Oh dear god, save me now, Lex thought, cringing inwardly. If there had been actual glass in the loft window, he was sure it would have shattered by now. He tapped his knuckles on the bannister, then grinned as Clark looked up, startled to find him standing there.

“Uh, Lex.”

“Something you want to tell me Clark?” he asked.

His friend frowned, pulling the buds out of his ears. “Huh? What?”

“Love Child?”

Clark turned bright red. “Um …”

“Interesting choice of song, Clark.”

“Oh, I was just listening to music while I was studying for finals.”

“Uh huh.”

“I swear Lex.”

“Ok, I’ll believe you,” he said. “But, just a thought. Next time you want to sing, you might want to do it away from civilisation. You’re apparently scaring the animals.”

“It’s not that bad,” Clark said, screwing up his nose.

“Oh no, it’s not that bad at all. Angels all over the heavens are weeping. Even Beelzebub himself must be thinking Hell is paradise right now.”

Clark scowled at him. “Oh, you’re funny, Lex. Real comedian.”

Lex shrugged and grinned at him. “I try.”

Comment

Bwahahahah!!!! OMG Leanne! Poor Lex and Johnathon having to listen to the totally tuneless Clark singing! Short but funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎