No announcement yet.

Trailer For Legends of Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
    I think the Arrow fans who thought they were getting a gritty, urban vigilante show are having a bit of trouble accepting that it is now a full blown superhero show.
    Arrow isn't. Though it could be going that way. If Oliver was anything like his better self that wouldn't be a problem. Or even like Justin Hartley's version. But he's not, so it is. SA's Oliver is just ridiculous to perceive talking to a reincarnated hawk person, a some assembly required living flame thrower, a resurrected ex, an armor suited shrinking man and Leonard Snart (heck, JUST Snart would be ridiculous enough as it is), with his pal the faster than a speeding bullet runner, about a several millenia old super-intelligent caveman, based off of intel from a time traveling guardian in a bubble.

Comment

Oliver is so out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
        Oliver is so out of place.
        exactly the problem with Arrow. The entire show is getting left behind in the success of the Flash. The CW and the show's producers are racing towards superpowered heroes, that doesn't leave much room for a guy with a bow and arrow. So, Arrow will have to add super characters sooner or later. S.A. is trying to bring Constantine and magic to the show next year. The rationale for Constantine being Thea will need magical help overcoming the Lazarus Pit consequences.

Comment

exactly the problem with Arrow. The entire show is getting left behind in the success of the Flash. The CW and the show's producers are racing towards superpowered heroes, that doesn't leave much room for a guy with a bow and arrow. So, Arrow will have to add super characters sooner or later. S.A. is trying to bring Constantine and magic to the show next year. The rationale for Constantine being Thea will need magical help overcoming the Lazarus Pit consequences.
          That is probably why they said that Season 4 will take on a lighter tone and they will start embracing the comic book history of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
            That is probably why they said that Season 4 will take on a lighter tone and they will start embracing the comic book history of the show.
            Oliver is still out of place.

Comment

Would you say Batman is out of place with the JL? Oliver is in the same boat with concern to super-beings amongst his alliances.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                Would you say Batman is out of place with the JL? Oliver is in the same boat with concern to super-beings amongst his alliances.
                Batman has gadgets though and is apparently even getting a super armour in Dawn of Justice. SA's Oliver only has a bow and arrrows.

Comment

The season finale underscored just how out of place Oliver has become. The LOA, the huge threat Oliver was worried about all season was shut down in seconds once the Flash arrived. If Oliver had called Barry midseason the whole stabbing thing could have been avoided, now with the pit nobody dies. Oliver might as well stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                    Batman is intelligent, moral, has highly advanced gadgetry, body armor... Oliver has a hood, bow and arrows.

Comment

The season finale underscored just how out of place Oliver has become. The LOA, the huge threat Oliver was worried about all season was shut down in seconds once the Flash arrived. If Oliver had called Barry midseason the whole stabbing thing could have been avoided, now with the pit nobody dies. Oliver might as well stay retired.
                      Yep. There was literally no reason for Barry to help after too. It was just like "Welp, now that I've fulfilled my cameo quota for the season I have to act wildly out of character and blow off helping you guys save the entire city from a biological terrorist attack that would surely kill thousands because I have to get back to my far superior show where far cooler stuff is happening."

Comment

This seems like it could be kinda awful. Maybe. Possibly. But we'll see, I guess. Maybe.
                        I sadly feel the same way. It could have been a straight up, no limits live action Brave and the Bold anthology style series with EVERY DC character making an appearance.....instead we get a billionaire tech genius in a suit of armor (very original, that's never been done in any recent live action comic book cinematic universe), Martin Stein (really? Martin Stein and not Firestorm is going to be a legend in the future?), White Canary (not even a real character), TWO KNOWN CRIMINALS on a SUPERHERO team, and a Hawkgirl minus Hawkman. Plus a Rip Hunter who looks like a Constantine/doctor who amalgamation.

Comment

Actually, White Canary IS a real character. She was introduced this year in Birds of Prey.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                            Actually, White Canary IS a real character. She was introduced this year in Birds of Prey.
                            Actually she was created in 2010 in "Birds of Prey Vol. 2 #1.

I think her New 52 debut was this year.

Comment

I stand corrected. I didn't know she was real. Which New 52 book was she in?

Comment

New Legends of Tomorrow concept art is revealed plus Phil Klemmer talks about what kind of a team they are.

New details from Phil Klemmer and the concept art is released.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎