Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer For Legends of Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched the trailer so many times I couldn't get enough of it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      Definitely feels like Doctor Who (of which I just got into a year or 2 ago) but, I like that they'll be time traveling. it's funny how, when it was only Arrow, this universe was initially grounded; three seasons and two spin-offs later they've embraced that these are comic book characters; there's nothing grounded about them.
      I think the Arrow fans who thought they were getting a gritty, urban vigilante show are having a bit of trouble accepting that it is now a full blown superhero show.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
        I think the Arrow fans who thought they were getting a gritty, urban vigilante show are having a bit of trouble accepting that it is now a full blown superhero show.
        I'm wondering how big that pool was, though. Did anyone really start tuning into Arrow thinking, "If this turns out to be a superhero show, I'm out"?

Comment

So the team is actually made up of legally dead heroes/criminals:

Sara: shot and fell off a building

Firestorm: missing since accelerator exlplosion

Ray Palmer/Atom : building explosion

Cpt Cold /Lenard Snart: All records destroyed by the Flash

Hawkgirl / Kendra Saunders : (According to Wiki) Was a young woman who committed suicide. When Kendra's soul left her body, that of her grandfather's first cousin Shiera Hall, the Golden Age Hawkgirl entered it, making Kendra a walk in.

Heatwave / Mick Rony : Can't remember about him. Same fate as Firestorm?

Jay Jackson: New to DC Uni. Guess we will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            Well, this looks pretty good. I'm in.

SPOILER ALERT: The Atom shrinks. I'm glad they finally figured that out.

That will be interesting considering that Marvel/Disney is about to release Ant-Man in the (Northern Hemisphere) summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
              This looks great. Pure crazy superhero fun!

I am so glad Sara is actually resurrected instead of being plucked out of time (that would have meant her going back to die in the end)!! I do not care how this fits into Arrow's timeline or whatever esp after the "awesomeness" that was the third season. As for Laurel, I am not too bothered by her absence. Her portrayal has improved (though her capabilities make little sense; she's gone from a bumbling vigilante noob to taking out League of Assassins members like a boss in a span of several months ) but I dunno....I find her quite dull esp next to Sara. She can stay on Arrow.

So it's Vandal Savage vs The Doctor Rip Hunter eh? Cool. Hope they do them justice.

That part where Rip Hunter calls them legends could have been better. Not a big deal.

I am getting a little tired of the Hawks being separated or appearing alone. It would be nice to acknowledge Carter.

Overall, I'm in; can't wait for 2016
              I'm wondering if there's going to an episode set in ancient egypt, where Kendra meets Katar, and then his modern day equivalent later on.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                I'm wondering if there's going to an episode set in ancient egypt, where Kendra meets Katar, and then his modern day equivalent later on.
                I hope so that would be really good. The Atom and Hawkman have a lot of history together, having them on the same tv show would be awesome.

Comment

Professor Stein mentions on the trailer that "his other half is combustible". I wonder if that is the reason why Ronnie Raymond doesn't appear in the initial cast announcement. Has Ronnie's body somehow become unstable when he is not merged with Professor Stein ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                    Professor Stein mentions on the trailer that "his other half is combustible". I wonder if that is the reason why Ronnie Raymond doesn't appear in the initial cast announcement. Has Ronnie's body somehow become unstable when he is not merged with Professor Stein ?
                    I have a feeling Firestorm will be separated in the Flash finale. The character Jay Jackson's cast in.. he may be the interpretation of the 2nd Firestorm incarnation-Jason Rusch. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt Blue
                      I have a feeling Firestorm will be separated in the Flash finale. The character Jay Jackson's cast in.. he may be the interpretation of the 2nd Firestorm incarnation-Jason Rusch. Just a hunch.
                      That is an intriguing possibility, except that Jason Rusch has already been introduced as a character in The Flash. Whay wouldn't they use him directly ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                        That is an intriguing possibility, except that Jason Rusch has already been introduced as a character in The Flash. Whay wouldn't they use him directly ?
                        Could be any number of reasons- if the actor didn't want the role, was unavailable, or maybe the WB execs wanted someone else/younger? This is all just speculation but the synopsis on Jackson's character sounds eerily close to Rusch's backstory. Of course it also sounds close to a DC character called Maximum so who knows...

Comment

I read somewhere that Robbie Amell will be filming a movie this summer, so he's probably not available for firestorm

Comment

I want to like this show. Seriously I do, but I am completely skeptical about it. WB owns DC Comics and all character rights and instead of pulling out all the stops and giving a show with all the giant DC Comics characters (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman) and all the lesser known heroes in a "Brave and the Bold" anthology series with its own continuity, corporate greed has selfishly declared the characters appearing in movies as off limits as seeing them on the small screen would somehow interfere with their precious profit they care so much about, oblivious to the fact that most fans would watch big and small screen versions of the same heroes and would actually be intelligent enough to understand different continuities. I can't get behind this version of The Atom. A billionaire tech genius in a metallic suit that flies............we've totally never seen that before. And this team of HEROES has TWO CRIMINALS in its ranks.........I want to like this as I said, and I will give it a chance but right now, it doesn't like look like all it could be.
                            Last edited by SuperheroFan87; 05-18-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt Blue
                              Could be any number of reasons- if the actor didn't want the role, was unavailable, or maybe the WB execs wanted someone else/younger? This is all just speculation but the synopsis on Jackson's character sounds eerily close to Rusch's backstory. Of course it also sounds close to a DC character called Maximum so who knows...
                              Or they have no care or regard for the source material.

Comment

This seems like it could be kinda awful. Maybe. Possibly. But we'll see, I guess. Maybe.
                                Last edited by Dagenspear; 05-18-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎