0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Inhumanly Bad
    0%

How is Skye's mother alive? How does Skye's Dad know that she's alive? Doesn't that completely undercut his story?

In a world where there are many superheroes with powers, why do they insist on shoving the "curse vs. gift" thing down our throats? Heck, in a world where we have movies and television, why would anyone react this way? This entire theme feels so outdated in the modern age.

Why is Skye so nonchalant about being held prisoner and being kept in the dark?

Why does Coulson need Ward?

How dumb is SHIELD Mark II that they let Fitz walk out of there? Or will it be revealed that they are tailing him to see if he leads them to Coulson?

Why is Adama-lite surprised that Coulson is resisting? "He's acting like a fugitive". You went after him with guns and led a coup against him.

Why are they treating Fury's motherbox like it's important when they literally have no idea what's inside it? How do they even know about it, again?

Why did Coulson trip the alarm before Deathlok arrived when he could have just as easily waited for Deathlok, gotten everything setup the way he wanted it, and THEN tripped the alarm?

Where did Jemma get everything to make Fitz that sandwich?

I am so confused by literally everything that's happening and how everyone is acting in this show. I feel like Hunter. Did this show just get abducted by aliens?

Comment

I had the biggest smile on my face when Mike showed up. Does anyone else think Skye's mom is up to no good? I'd love to know how she came back to life as well. Lincoln seems to suspect her. I am also starting to dislike Gordon. I LOVED how Fitz and Simmons pulled a switcheroo on the "real" shield. They probably let Fitz go so easily because they didn't think he was a threat.
      Last edited by cosmicbimbo; 04-08-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Skye's mother has some sort of healing powers that allow her to be practically immortal. I do think Whitehall butchered her, that part of the story was true - but she healed. But I am having trouble remembering Cal actually saying she was dead, although I do remember Cal saying something about being with his wife and daughter in the "Aferlife". Writers, that is just too clever.

Skye being nonchalant - well, think of who has been training her. Skye is acting just like May would, stay calm, assess the situation.

Ward is the "bad solution". I don't think Coulson has many options, and Ward really does seem to be a freelancer. Merc for hire ?

I am a bit suspicious of Mama Skye as well - she will play the Inhuman agenda, which is to keep their existence a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
          Skye's mother has some sort of healing powers that allow her to be practically immortal. I do think Whitehall butchered her, that part of the story was true - but she healed. But I am having trouble remembering Cal actually saying she was dead, although I do remember Cal saying something about being with his wife and daughter in the "Aferlife". Writers, that is just too clever..
          It was the same point that was made on the YouTube review show I watch (Afterbuzz TV:Agents of SHIELD); Cal never said "dead". They also mentioned that some of her organs were taken out of her. Some how she was able to regrow her organs (if so) and she was stitched up that's why she's all scarred up.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
            Skye's mother has some sort of healing powers that allow her to be practically immortal. I do think Whitehall butchered her, that part of the story was true - but she healed. But I am having trouble remembering Cal actually saying she was dead, although I do remember Cal saying something about being with his wife and daughter in the "Aferlife". Writers, that is just too clever.
            Ehhhhh, ok. I still need a new explanation for his being bat-nuts crazy, then.

Skye being nonchalant - well, think of who has been training her. Skye is acting just like May would, stay calm, assess the situation.
            Ehhhhh, ok. Hadn't thought of that.

Ward is the "bad solution". I don't think Coulson has many options, and Ward really does seem to be a freelancer. Merc for hire ?
            I don't like this one at all. This feels like a decision that's been made because they want to bring the Ward character back into the mix, not because it's something that would actually happen under these circumstances. It feels forced.

But your other two... not bad.

Comment

Thanks BG.

As far as why Cal is nuts, he did make himself into Mr Hyde via injections of various chemicals. Maybe that process made him a bit unbalanced. Or it could be the loss of his daughter years ago and how Momma Skye blamed him for it. If I were to guess, I would say the "Mr Hyde" process did the damage.

For Ward, let's face it, he is returning specifically to get the character back onto the show - that is reality. Could that goal have been achieved in a less-forced manner? Probably. But whatever the reason I will be happy to see Ward back.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                How is Skye's mother alive? How does Skye's Dad know that she's alive?
                As has been stated, Mama Skye is alive because she basically regenerates/regrows her body organs. It's how Whitehall was 'immortal' and obviously after he harvested her she "regrew" herself. That has interesting implications. So she can never die? No matter what? I got the feeling that Papa Skye found out about Mama Skye being alive when Gordon took him out of the room (was that last episode or the one before? Can't remember.). If you recall, after Cal had been captured and put in the room Gordon took him to meet 'someone'. I assume it was Mama Skye (and/or the "Elders"), perhaps to talk about how he was endangering the Inhumans. I don't think they are trying to say that he knew she was alive before that. Though it really would have been better to show that scene, even in flashback.

Why does Coulson need Ward?
                He said he needs someone who is known by both sides (HYDRA and SHIELD) and Ward is the only one Phil knows who has been both. Phil seems to think that Gordon is working for HYDRA or that Skye was abducted by them. So he's willing to form an alliance with Ward to find out/save Skye. That's the take I got from it, anyway.

Or will it be revealed that they are tailing him to see if he leads them to Coulson?
                This is what I'm thinking. They're giving him a long lead to see if he will take them to Phil.

Why is Adama-lite surprised that Coulson is resisting?
                This! Thank you. The only thing I can think is Robert thought that Coulson would 'do his duty' and give up. If so, he really doesn't know Phil at all, does he?

Where did Jemma get everything to make Fitz that sandwich?
                Jemma was in the kitchens earlier (when Bobbi came to talk to her) so she's allowed in and out. I'm sure she took snack breaks while working on Fury's toolbox and she likely made the sandwich during one of those, after she realized that Fitz was leaving.

I have a few questions of my own--
                Did anyone catch the name of the InHuman guy who helped Skye (the one played by Luke Mitchell)? Cause if they said his name, I missed it. I don't want to keep calling him Luke Mitchell for the rest of the season.

"Did she get abducted by aliens?" In a world where aliens do exist (and Hunter would know that), that actually is a legit question, yeah?

Did anyone else think that FitzSimmons was playing a 'deep game' from pretty much halfway on? I did. It made me very happy to see (I swear, every time they make me sort of hate Jemma, they have her do something awesome like in this episode and I like her again).

Who else thinks May is going to take a seat on the Board as a 'double agent' kind of thing, to keep herself in play so she can help Phil? It seems rather obvious...

So solid episode and some really cute moments. But yeah, lots of questions/plot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  How is Skye's mother alive? How does Skye's Dad know that she's alive? Doesn't that completely undercut his story?
                  Does Skye's dad know that she's alive? I figured he genuinely thought she was dead, and now she turns out to be alive.

Does this mean that Reed Diamond is coming back?

Comment

Luke Mitchell's character is Lincoln.

Comment

Well he did say in an earlier episode that he wanted to be with Skye and her mother in the afterlife. So, it looks like he knew she wasn't dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                        Does Skye's dad know that she's alive? I figured he genuinely thought she was dead, and now she turns out to be alive.
                        He did think she died--that Whitehall (Reed Diamond's character) killed her. But Cal knows Mama Skye is alive now. She clearly states "our daughter" when she hugs him and it seems implied that even before that that Cal knows who she is. We just didn't see their 'reunion' on screen, which I'm sort of sorry for. I think that could have been a powerful moment--when Cal finds out the wife he thought was dead all this time is alive.

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                        Luke Mitchell's character is Lincoln.
                        Thanks!

Comment

You know... In season one, Simmons couldn't lie to save her life... and in season 2, she's spent months undercover in HYDRA (Whether or not she's been compromised by them, given that we got a scene of "oh we just found out about this scientists' former association", I discount the brainwashing possibility I've heard bandied about.)... and now all this, er... out-lying some VERY experienced agents? (Her take-down of Bobbi! the act with Fitz over the Box...)

Also... Lincoln is apparently a doctor, in-training or qualified, he mentioned med-school, AFAIK. It's been a week, too much awesome in an episode 'blocks out' some of the not-quite-as-awesome scenes.

Comment

^ I just figured all her time playing 'double' agent at HYDRA made her better at lying.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎