Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "One Door Closes"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "One Door Closes"?

The flashbacks to Cap 2 and when SHIELD fell were good but it made the episode feel kind of choppy. I wish we'd condensed them more, I guess?

Nice to see Lucy back again and kicking butt!

Coulson figuring out Mack's not on his side.

May vs. Bobbi. Cool.

Handprint on wall? Obviously the Hulk's. And the "house that Banner built"? Was that something I missed from one of the films or something that hasn't been covered by the MCU yet?

Gordon and Skye. Interesting.

Jemma taking out Bobbi. I suddenly forgive Simmons of some of the stuff she's been saying/doing lately, just for that.

Mack saving Fitz. Huh, guess maybe he really does care about Leo.

The "real SHIELD" wants Fury's secrets? Yeah, cause they just talked about how Fury's secrets just brought down SHIELD... *sighs*

May's appearance and how she just casually shoots everyone to free Phil. Oh man, does Ming-Na rock as Melinda!

That agent shooting at Skye, her powers activating (did they not even think of that? Seems like they didn't, which was stupid), and Gordon whisking her away.

Coulson (was he in Tahiti?) and Hunter. And the push back begins.

Wanted to add, I think it's interesting that the "Real SHIELD" seems to think all beings with powers are a threat. What about Captain America then? He's got powers and there is no way they would ever "box" him up. Just seems sort of hypocritical to me.
    10--The door opened
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--The door closed
    0%

The poll is expired.

I think Cap is thought of as different from the other people w/powers because:

1. Even with his enhanced abilities he looks pretty normal
    2. No secret identity - everyone knows he is Steve Rogers
    3. He is more or less associated with the US military

In DC Batman is often regarded as being a superhero, yet he has no powers. Kind of weird.....

Comment

I'm done binge watching season 2.

It started off really boring, but it pays off when Skye takes control of her powers.

There's still a problem of bad direction on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
        I'm done binge watching season 2.

It started off really boring, but it pays off when Skye takes control of her powers.

There's still a problem of bad direction on the show.
        I had the exact opposite reaction. I liked the beginning eps and have now almost completely lost interest.

Comment

I think the current ratings support your position BG. I however am finding the current episodes to be very entertaining, mainly because I know quite a bit about the Inhumans (long long long time Marvel fan). It has occurred to me that many people may find that storyline very confusing (not you but others). Also I am enjoying what I perceive as being "lead in" material for Age of Ultron and Civil War, but my enjoyment is probably because I know the source material.

Comment

I'm loving the series...

On Ming-Na being a bad ass? I always knew that, despite having a role that doesn't exactly scream bad-ass, she pulled it off well on Stargate Universe, so I knew she'd be brilliant here even before S1.

Skye though has been my favourite for a while, though I can't explain why... since she has had some weak bits throughout both s1/s2.

so this episode? had me whooping when she used her ability... specifically... how the guy who shot at her got injured? but bobbi, who warned her when bobbi realised they were firing real bullets (even the shot that lerted them was a regular round, not an Icer as she said)... bobbi was unharmed... the wave passing her by...

Anyone else pick that up?

Comment

I think this is the beginning of Bobbi being disenchanted withe the "real" shield.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
                I think Cap is thought of as different from the other people w/powers because:

1. Even with his enhanced abilities he looks pretty normal
                2. No secret identity - everyone knows he is Steve Rogers
                3. He is more or less associated with the US military
                All but possibly this last also applies to Thor. And yet we saw SHIELD almost treat Thor as a threat as well (okay, partly because he's Loki's brother and that would make them wary). It just seems like SHIELD is giving a free pass to certain people and are "clamping down" on others and to me? That makes them hypocrites. If you're going to say powers are/can be bad then you have to be ready to restrict/capture/control all with powers, not just the ones you don't know or like.

Comment

I don't know, Thor seems like a different case to me. He flies, he has a really tricky hammer, he is huge (supposedly bigger than we see in the movies), and he talks like an escapee from Shakespeare in the Park. In fact I think Thor was sort of regarded as an alien or something by those who encountered him. Besides, Thor is not exactly from around here - jurisdiction might be an issue.

Oh yeah - Cap is a war hero to millions of people.

Comment

Thor: Alien who helped save the planet... a Prince... basically living on the planet knowing he'll be called on to save it, yeah he probably has Diplomatic Credentials... after the Battle anyway. "Yeah, he's cool... Saved the world, you know..."

Rogers: A Soldier, he's just really strong, really fast, and really durable. It was his public success at a barefoot chasedown of a Nazi who was in a taxi, that got him noticed... his status as a superhero was probably not thought of as literal "He has super powers", but as "He's a hero, he's really supergreat!"... dont forget what he did in the aftermath of that barefoot chase... and I'm not talking of his solo mission to rescue captured soldiers. the whole supersoldierserum was likely classified to hell, and the average joe just though he was a guy who trained *really* hard... and the serum was only declassified, of sorts, sometime around the Hulk experiments (I'd like to think the battle between hulk and Abomination triggered some leaks regarding both the hulk, and then the serum that they were trying to duplicate with those experiments.)

hell... was the Super Soldier Serum ever shown to be public knowledge!?

Here's some context for you: to me it seems that, Steve, is Marvel's BATMAN. Without his variation of the "Bat-thing" gimmick devices. just his shield, and a gun... and his NORMAL motorcycle... As Far As Civilians Know, he's just super talented.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
                      In fact I think Thor was sort of regarded as an alien or something by those who encountered him. Besides, Thor is not exactly from around here - jurisdiction might be an issue.
                      He is regarded as an alien by SHIELD (I believe they commented on it once), and I think Coulson even said one that their jurisdiction does not extend to Asgard. However, when Asgardians are on Earth, it's a different story.

But surely, after Loki and the Battle of New York they see that Thor could be a threat (heck, even battled the Avengers--well, Steve and Tony--at first)? By "real SHIELD" standards, anyway...

Originally posted by Alex Mcpherson
                      was the Super Soldier Serum ever shown to be public knowledge!?
                      you know, I don't think the 'public' really knows about it, just the intelligence community/those in power. Hmmm. Do normal people think Steve is just some guy in a costume running around at peak physical strength or do they know about the Serum? Was that included at the "Captain America" exhibit, I wonder?

Comment

'One Door Closes' is a good episode. We get more on a second group of SHIELD, and they don't trust the first group of SHIELD. Skye is getting used to her powers until the second group of SHIELD goes after her. Then, she get rescued by Gordon, and we have to wait until the next episode to find out what happen next.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎