Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Best Laid Plans?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Best Laid Plans?

What did you think?
    10 - It was Eggcelent
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Was a rotten egg.
    0%

Great twist about Lilly. We see how Ursula and Cruella came here. I'm glad Gold could emphasis with Maleficent, he knows what's it's like to loose a child. We finally see the Author. I'm glad there were other authors and their job was to record what they saw, not dictate story. I wasn't a fan of this predestination concept. Maybe the villains can get their happy endings by making the right choices. Regina pretty much has a happy ending, she just has setbacks with romance.

Comment

I gave it a 7.

I thought it was a decent episode. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that Charming/Snow had a conversation less than 3 feet away from Emma/Hook and we're supposed to believe that they—or Henry—didn't hear one word they said? Yeah, right.

The rest of it was ok. I'm not sure I like The Author being such a slimeball. Plus, how much power does he have? The Apprentice didn't seem to have any power to stop him (he went along with what happened with Maleficent's story). Maybe The Sorcerer is coming to town next to stop The Author and make him right all the wrongs he created within the book, giving everybody a happy ending?

Don't like the fact that we have to wait another two weeks, either, but whatever. I'm really getting fed up with how networks schedule shows.

Comment

well next sunday is easter so thats why

Comment

Can someone please explain as to where Snow and Charming has the right to be so "righteous" and condemn other villains when they tried to condemn a baby's child to darkness and then send it to another realm? :s

Comment

A 9 from me. There was so much revelation, and well done. However it will be really hard to think of the Charmings as heroes anymore. What they did was absolutely despicable, and I don't feel like there is any true dedemption. But maybe that's the point. There are no true villians and no true heroes - everyone is a shade of grey, some good, some bad. I don't think even Gold is all bad, just badly flawed.

No proof, but I called it a few episodes ago that The Author was not a person but job. It just made sense to me. And calling Walt Disney one of the past Authors was a great touch.

So let me put this out there - does anyone else think that the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" is actually "The Sorcerer"? It sure seems that way to me ....

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
              does anyone else think that the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" is actually "The Sorcerer"? It sure seems that way to me ....
              I think they're separate people. However, I find it interesting that The Apprentice was the one who punished The Author and not The Sorcerer. You'd think the most powerful person would be doing the punishing, at least in that case.

You could be right, though. If The Apprentice is really The Sorcerer, then maybe he created the persona (or myth) of The Sorcerer in order to be left alone (or to throw other evildoers off his trail).

Comment

This episode was a set back from last week. It almost felt like parody of Once Upon a Time. The author needs some major character development for damage control. That grin of his was cheesy, fake ,and awful. Once villains are suppose to have depth of which he so far has none. The only saving grace is he is the one who is responsible for Lilith's predicament and not the charming, because he wrote the charmings to do it obviously. Also we need more Henry, poor boy has been doing little this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                  Can someone please explain as to where Snow and Charming has the right to be so "righteous" and condemn other villains when they tried to condemn a baby's child to darkness and then send it to another realm? :s
                  A) the Charmings didn't know the baby would be sent away to another dimension.
                  B) The author forced/ manipulated the situation. He told them about the egg and actively manipulates stories.

Comment

I was not a fan of this episode. I don't like how they are writing David and Snow. I use to love watching their 'heroic' flashbacks but the writers have deliberately tarnished their characters for the sake of 'drama'. Even though David and Snow had full intention of giving the baby back to Maleficent, they still forced evil upon an innocent child. Yes, the child would have a greater chance of growing up evil with a mother like Maleficent but that is not a given.

Also, I was always under the assumption that the characters on the show had free will. Now, we are to assume that is not the case and the author helped make them that way.

After Emma learns that the author can manipulate stories and has the power to turn her evil, why would she let him out? What burning questions are so important that she is willing to risk it?

Once again, we are reminded there are other ways to get to the 'real' world versus a curse. I would like the writers to explain why Rumple didn't try to use mermaids or the apprentice's wand.

Plus, when Cruella and Ursula went through the worm hole with Lily, why are they the same age as they went in? Shouldn't that be 30 years older than they are now?
                    Last edited by SteelyGal; 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                      the child would have a greater chance of growing up evil with a mother like Maleficent but that is not a given.
                      Yeah, it was almost like they were hinting that stealing the egg didn't matter because Maleficent was evil (or that—for some reason—they were superior to her).

I was always under the assumption that the characters on the show had free will. Now, we are to assume that is not the case and the author helped make them that way.
                      It does add a weird element to the show, for sure. Another question I have is: Can/Did he manipulate the stories from inside the book?

Cruella and Ursula went through the worm hole with Lily, why are they the same age as they went in? Shouldn't that be 30 years older than they are now?
                      If that ever came up, they'd probably try to explain it away by saying that they can't age because they were born in the EF.

Comment

It couldnt impress me, to be honest, i hope the next ep is better!

Comment

A writer who contorts the story in ridiculous and melodramatic situations just because it fits their perception of a better story... Hmm...

There's a parallel in there somewhere.

Comment

While my youngest was watching this episode for the first time today, I caught parts of it. Even though I expected more from David and Snow, this made me less disappointed in them. I realized they thought they were putting evil inside a dragon not a human baby. Once the baby's hand broke out of the shell and they saw it was human, they did try to save her.

I guess the writers want to show is that good and bad people make bad choices and what is important is what they do after they make those choices. Do they continue down the road of darkness or get back on track to doing the right thing? For all of Snow and David's mistakes, they want to be good and try to find a way to get back on track. By the end of the episode, that is what they did.

If the villains want to stop being villains, they should do what Regina was wanting to do instead of having villains getting happy endings and the heroes don't. They would choose to be good and ask the author to let them be good and have happy endings with the heroes.

Comment

I wasn't quite sure how to take seeing a darker side to Snow and Charming at first. It took me some time to come to terms with what they did to Maleficent's baby. After giving it some thought, I don't like them any less knowing that they made this bad decision. I can forgive them for it because it was clear that they regretted what they did. Also, more often than not, we've seen them acting as heroes. Making one mistake - a mistake which they clearly wish they could take back - does not negate their heroism for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎