0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Unfortunately poor
    0%

10. I'm glad the focus wasn't on Maleficent this time. I was wondering how Ursula was a villain in OUAT when Eric and Aerial thought highly of her in season 3. I guess that was a different Ursula, a sea goddess. Seeing Aerial again was nice. Looks like Elsa got payback from Blackbeard after he almost killed Anna and Kristoff. Ursula mentioned she was banished here. I've been curious to know how.

Comment

I gave it a 6.

I thought Ursula's story was ok, even though I found the way they wrapped it up a little too convenient for my taste (One minute, she's for evil, the next she's not?).

I really liked August's presence (and his chemistry with Emma), but—aside from finding out that The Author was trapped in the book—the present story didn't really go anywhere.

It was a decent episode, though; I just wish they'd pick up the pace already.

Comment

I enjoyed seeing August/Pinocchio again, and I loved seeing the return of Ariel even more. When I was a kid, “The Little Mermaid” was probably my first obsession. I had a huge crush on Ariel. My mom would allow me to pick out a movie to rent at the local video rental shop once every week or two, and I would pick out “The Little Mermaid” every single week for the longest time. My mom didn’t want to buy the movie because she thought it would be too expensive, but she later admitted that it probably would have been cheaper to buy it considering the amount of times I insisted on renting it. Anyways, I wouldn’t say I’m as obsessed with Ariel as I was back then, but I still do have a bit of a soft spot for her.

I’m glad that the writers brought up the fact that Hook was once a villain and therefore might have his happy ending taken from him. The notion that he was the only villain who seemed to be allowed to have a happy ending is actually something that I had been thinking about myself.

So, we’ve now had flashbacks that centered on Maleficent and Ursula. I guess that that leaves Cruella as the last remaining Queen of Darkness still waiting to get an episode with flashbacks devoted to her.

Comment

There were parts of this episode I liked and parts I didn't. Ursula's story has too much overlap. First we have two Ursula's; the Goddess of the Sea Ursula who Regina impersonated and the sea witch and daughter of Poseidon Ursula whose backstory is too much like "The Little Mermaid'. So the question is who is the real 'Little Mermaid'' Ariel or the sea witch Ursula?

Hook just saw Ursula get her happy ending so why is he so convinced he can't get his? Regina thinks she can't get a happy ending but she already has one. She has a son who loves her, a loyal friend in Emma, a good friend in Snow, and a good job as the mayor. In my book, that is a pretty good life. Why is the only way to have a happy ending means getting married? Also, if mermaids can easily go between realms, why didn't Rumple get a mermaid to take him to our world versus setting up an elaborate curse and corrupting an innocent girl? Sorry if this has been explained but I am too tired and having too much trouble remembering it.

What was good was the undercover storyline and Rumple. Gave it a 7.

Comment

8/10. This arc of the season is progressing at a quicker rate than its predecessor, thankfully. The focus finally shifted over to Ursula and dived into her backstory, which borrowed a bit too much from the Little Mermaid for my taste. A lot was revealed during the episode, including the fact that the author is trapped within the book and that Gold intends to use Emma by filling her heart with darkness. Hopefully, with these foundations set, the show can pick up its pace. The chemistry between Hook and Emma was spectacular, especially when he told her she was his very own happy ending; and as usual, Regina does a fabulous job with playing the secret spy. Overall, it was a pretty good episode

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
              Ursula's story has too much overlap. First we have two Ursula's; the Goddess of the Sea Ursula who Regina impersonated and the sea witch and daughter of Poseidon Ursula whose backstory is too much like "The Little Mermaid'. So the question is who is the real 'Little Mermaid'' Ariel or the sea witch Ursula?
              Good question. At some point, they'll probably establish that the sea has many different kingdoms just like on land, meaning that Ariel and Ursula are both Sea Princesses.

I agree with you on her backstory being a little blurred, though. I got that she was named after the mythical Goddess Ursula. What didn't really make sense to me was how her father was a Sea King, which basically meant that she was a Sea Princess. If that's true, would she not be admired like Goddess Ursula just the same?

Also, if mermaids had access to bracelets that allowed them to walk on land, why did Goddess Ursula have to grant mermaids the gift of walking on land to begin with?

Here's another thing: If Goddess Ursula was upset by Regina's impersonation of her, why didn't she go after Ursula for doing the same thing?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎