Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    I'm not over the moon with either one, but probably more. Clone Wars was probably the better show, but the original Star Wars felt a lot like a band of misfits thrown together against impossible odds and Rebels feels to me to be more in that spirit. SW-protagonists are just a lot more likable when they're underdogs, I guess, which bodes well for Rogue One.
    I'm trying to watch Clone Wars now and it's difficult. It's neither bad nor good, it's a spectrum. I like a lot of it, but a recent season 1 episode where Anakin, Kenobi, and Dooku were captured by pirates completely knocked me out. I'm not quite sure what to do -- I might look for a viewing guide.

For the time being, I'm skipping to the episodes involving Ventress and Darth Maul.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
      I'm trying to watch Clone Wars now and it's difficult. It's neither bad nor good, it's a spectrum. I like a lot of it, but a recent season 1 episode where Anakin, Kenobi, and Dooku were captured by pirates completely knocked me out. I'm not quite sure what to do -- I might look for a viewing guide.

For the time being, I'm skipping to the episodes involving Ventress and Darth Maul.
      Early Clone Wars is pretty erratic. You can have a cool Cad Bane story, but the very next episode is something stupid with Jar Jar. That's the bad part of the format they used, focusing more on arcs than week-to-week continuity. The good part is that some things are pretty skippable.

Comment

Filming is underway.

Star Wars - The Force Awakens but the Storm Troopers are just chilling

Comment

Aliens in Rogue One will be More Realistic

Neal Scanlan, who has the job of Creature Supervisor, talked about the discussions that he held with Rogue One director Gareth Edwards about their approach to the aliens. Rather than having them as creatures and beasts that are purely in the background, almost as decoration, Scanlon told MTV that their plan was to make the aliens more realistic so that they’re a firm part of the storytelling.

Working with Gareth now on Rogue One, he sees these aliens as being much more part of the human [world]. They co-habitate, they work together and so it’s pushed us very much to create characters that are more realistic. They move more realistically, they’re able to emote more than maybe the characters that we did for The Force Awakens. So they’re a closer part of the storytelling. They’re less of the world, and they’re more of this group who have a mission, and play a part in that.

Comment

1st trailer will be released tomorrow.

Comment

I hate these things but, here's a teaser to tomorrow's trailer:

Comment

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Looking at him in the trailer, I find myself wondering if Diego Luna (0:26 and 1:00) is playing Kes Dameron, the father of Poe Dameron. He looks a bit like Oscar Isaac.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-07-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

How can this trailer not have any jokes. Order some reshoots please.

Comment

This looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Looking at him in the trailer, I find myself wondering if Diego Luna (0:26 and 1:00) is playing Kes Dameron, the father of Poe Dameron. He looks a bit like Oscar Isaac.
                          I'm hearing theories that Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) could be either Poe's mother or Rey's, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            I'm hearing theories that Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) could be either Poe's mother or Rey's, we'll see.
                            Yeah, I've heard about those. The Poe theory was of course disproven, when we learned that her name's Jyn Erso and not Shara Bey.

Comment

An interesting analysis of Jyn and Rey.

Comment

1: I agree with the analysis. Jyn appears to be a very different character from Rey.

2: As long as they cast people who can act, who cares? Felicity Jones can act. Barring an inherent need to diversify, which the SW universe admittedly needed, that should be the beginning, middle, and end of the conversation for people. Can the actor playing the lead role act? Yes. Good, let's go.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎