Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old was Clark Kent in all 10 season?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old was Clark Kent in all 10 season?

I know he's a teenager to begi with & in his 20's at the end. how old is he in each season? As in, what is his age throughout the seasons?

In the later seasons it becomes a bit murky but on average one season equals one year. You always have the Christmas episodes around episode 9 (5x09 Lexmas, 7x09 Gemini) and Valentine's day episode around episode 13 (6x13 Crimson, 9x13 Persuasion).

You get an exact date for the later seasons in episode 9x01 Savior where the DP newspaper is from "Friday, September 25, 2009".

The show began in October 1989 and then jumped forward to October (Homecoming dance) of 2001.

Smallville writers were never good at keeping their timeline straight, especially with brithdays. For example, you have these contradicting dates:

Chloe's 18th birthday was in episode 4x08 Spell in the fall of 2004. Thus she had to have been born in the fall of 1986. However, her gravestone in episode 4x01 Crusade claimed she was born in 1987. She also suddenly had a late-in-the-season birthday in 8x17 Hex.

Lana on the other hand had her birthday party in episode 1x07 Craving, well after Homecoming. But when she was in Paris during the summer, her birthday was before the school year had even begun (4x01 Crusade)

With Clark it's even more murkier because we don't actually know how old he was when he arrived on Earth in Octorber 1989.

When Kara was forced to relive her memories in 7x06 Lara her captor claimed that she came to Earth in 1986 (however he would know that from the memory snippet that we saw) and Lara was in the early stages of pregnancy.

Clarks official Earth birthday is late in the season (thus around May), as seen in 2x22 Calling and 5x21 Oracle.

So, I'd say they're all born around fall of 1986, became 15 when the Freshman year began in 2001 and then aged one year a season.
    Last edited by DJ Doena; 03-09-2015, 05:22 AM.

Comment

In season four, Jonathan says something to Clark about being only 17 so I calculated he's 14 in the pilot and turned 15 in May 2002. So by my calculations, Martha and Jonathan gave his age as 2 and 1/2 years old in October 1989.

Smallville Wiki writers suggest Clark was about two weeks old when Krypton blew and Kara says in the flashback with Zor-El that the journey to Earth takes three years, but take that with a grain of salt.

So, by those calculations, by the time the show ended in season 10, Clark had just turned 24.

Comment

A summary of DJD's very thorough answer - at beginning of S1 Clark was 14. At the beginning of S10 Clark was 24. His birthday was late in the season (around ep 21).

Comment

He looks older than 14 in season 1 though! He looks about 19/20, I think the actor was 24! Does anyone ele think he looked older? It's funny because the actor in sason 1 was about the same age as the character was in season 10. Funny coincidence.

Comment

Yes, Tom Welling was 24 when he played 14 year old Clark in 2001, so he sure did look much older.

Comment

Originally posted by Luthorsrock123
              He looks older than 14 in season 1 though! He looks about 19/20, I think the actor was 24! Does anyone ele think he looked older? It's funny because the actor in sason 1 was about the same age as the character was in season 10. Funny coincidence.
              That is true of many teenage shows. For example, SMG was 20 when she began the role of Buffy (who was in Sophomore year at Sunnydale High). On the other hand her co-students Xander and Cordelia were both played by 26/27-year-olds. Charisma Carpenter (Cordy) had also applied for the role of Buffy.

It's called "Dawson Casting": http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../DawsonCasting

Comment

For example, this is Allison Mack when she was actually 14/15:

This is Allison Mack from the Pilot (when she was supposed to be 14/15 but actually 19):

Last edited by DJ Doena; 03-10-2015, 05:08 AM.

Comment

In "Hidden" and "Aqua" (2005), he's identified as 18. "Oracle" opens on his birthday. Based on the date given on Lionel's computer (the day after Clark's birthday), Clark celebrates his birthday on May 3.

2005 - 18 = 1987. Making his legal birthday May 3, 1987. So:

Season 1: 14.
                  Season 2: 15.
                  Season 3: 16.
                  Season 4: 17.
                  Season 5: 18.
                  Season 6: 19.
                  Season 7: 20.
                  Season 8: 21.
                  Season 9: 22.
                  Season 10: 23.
                  Season 11: 24.

Comment

I think he celebrated his 19th birthday in 'Oracle' near the end of season 5 (so, early 2006 assuming the show season follows the same time frame that it runs for). As far as I know, they never showed any other birthday celebrations for him. I remember that Chloe's birthday was shown in 2 episodes (she turned 18 in 'Spell' in season 4, and had another birthday celebration in 'Hex' in season 8), Lana's birthday was shown in season 1's 'Craving' and it was Oliver's birthday during the episode 'Roulette' in season 9 (hell of a way to spend your birthday that!).

Comment

There's a full page dedicated to characters' birthdays on the Smallville Fandoms...

https://smallville.**********/wiki/Birthdays

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎