Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "About a Boy"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "About a Boy"?

I enjoyed this episode more than I expected to.

The Cain/Mark/Dean montage to start was pretty good (and can we take a minute to talk about how awesome the music was in this episode? Seriously, they did a great job!).

"Charlie forgave you. How 'bout you forgive yourself?" I couldn't help but think of all the times Sam's never forgiven himself (despite Dean saying so). Was kind of waiting for Dean to bring that up.

Awww, Sam believes Dean can beat the Mark. Sweet! And Sam believed in the Easter Bunny until he was 11 and 1/2? Did he think it was evil, like Santa? LOL

The aliens thing---was totally waiting for a callback to "Clap your Hands if you believe". There was a small one but I thought it'd be bigger.

Dean drinking with Tina and talking crappy childhoods. I kind of thought that the guy with the hex bag was turning people back into children so they could relive their lives and have happy ones (childhoods, I mean). As in, he thought he was doing them a favor. It would have been a cool twist, I think. Ah well.

Dean being teenified. I have to admit, I don't care a whole lot for this teen!actor of Dean. I feel none of the younger!Deans have really captured Jensen well, actually. But he did a decent job here.

"You look like a One Direction reject." Heh.

Pink cake and Dean just scarfs it. I had the same thought (that it was poisoned--or at least had a sedative in it).

Dean's shoe (who else thought "I lost my shoe"? *raises hand*) and gun left behind.

"Yahtzee". Feels like it's been forever since Dean's said that....

"I wake up looking like Beiber." You know, he actually does a little bit!

That lady calling Dean Sam's son and Dean in the driver's seat with poor Sam's legs smashed up to his face was really funny stuff.

Dean liking Taylor Swift. I had a hard time with that. Dean, I believe it's been stated in canon, has liked the same music for most of his life. I know he's been de-aged but I can't see that messing with his taste in music.

The Mark is gone! I knew that it would be coming back when Dean turned adult again but it was still a fairly interesting twist. And a nice dilemma for Dean.

So the guy with the hex bag in Hansel and he's working for the Witch? Who knows Rowena and was sent to deal with her? Seems a bit contrived but the actress who plays the witch was so over the top delicious to watch I don't care.

Hansel turning on them--who saw that coming? *raises hand*--and Dean grabbing necklace. I noted, when Hansel turned around that he wasn't wearing it anymore so I knew Dean had snatched it.

Tina staying as a kid (Dean had to know he was dooming her to that when he put it in the fire with the Witch. Makes me wonder if he did it on purpose?) and the Mark is back.

Just a very cute episode, I thought, and fun. Yes, filler-ish but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    10--Have a piece of cake
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--No cake for you
    0%

The poll is expired.

I actually really loved this episode

Comment

I just wish the writers could take this show back it's roots while simultaneously not making it seem like season 2 or 3 Sam and Dean could take out season 10 Sam and Dean.

Comment

well they usually get knocked out/incapacitated/tied to x during a monster hunt episode(or witch hunt this time hehe)

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎