No announcement yet.

Why CBS's Supergirl Should Be Superman-less

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baron de suberbielle
    Is just my hypothesis, my theory, my thought;my instinct im sur she will meet Clark Kent for one or two episodes as guest and i think she meet Wonder Girl to
    It would be nice if you were right but I just really can't see it happening. Wonder Girl is mostly likely only allowed to appear on TNTs Teen Titans which I fear is the same for Superboy too. You have to remember this is WBs and with shows been on different networks with different creative teams and different rights to different characters. WBs are notorious for not letting certain things happen the Bat embargo springs to mind, which was ridiculous that certain characters couldn't appear on TV Bruce Wayne wasn't allowed on Smallville, in animation (Two Face, The Scarecrow) due to the Nolan films and also add to that they wouldn't even allow Bat villains on JLU because of the animated series The Batman. I swear they think kids are stupid.

Also remember they wouldn't let Ted Kord appear on Arrow because they have plans to use him on film. They are very strict with certain film characters crossing over to TV. Only allowing certain ones in both.
    Last edited by Stebob1984; 01-06-2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Ah yes i agree if WB and DC impose a interdiction or wante precise characters is sur Wonder Girl never come .But I find it a shame because Sandra Sandsmark have the same age as Kara no? But i hope see dark supergirl play by the same actress coming from a dark univers for one or two episodes. And i think is idiot to impose limited characters if you find the good actors and actress why not ?Yes protect the right of owner is importent for sur ..And yes Supergirl have this univers with precise Friends, Alliés or ennemi But is possible for Kara to meet another Aliens or Amazons from Themyscirca( the the scriptwriters i hope have the possibility and the liberty to creat their characters of theirs imagination)

Comment

Dark Supergirl is a must I agree, have you read Supergirl Power?

Yeah they may let them use other women from Themyscira that would be quite cool.

I really am looking forward to this show, I'm hopeful it will give the Supergirl character the chance to really break out and shine. I think with Berlanti its in good hands.

Comment

I'm not sur but Dark Supergirl have the same power to Kara no?

Comment

Humour

Comment

I've been a Supergirl fan for years, and I would like to see Superman / Kal El / Clark Kent put in an appearance at the show's launch, maybe a two part episode, and again at the end of season 1 for the cliffhanger, as well as adding appearances by Flash / Arrow / Black Canary/ Felicity. I would also like to see Batman / Bruce Wayne, Robin/Nightwing/Dick Grayson, and Batgirl/Barbara Gordon. Maybe in the season 2 cliffhanger. There's no reason for me to think that any of that would steal Kara's thunder.

Comment

The introduction of Braignac for me, is a good idea

Comment

With FOX and Gotham having unfettered access to anything and everything Batman and Nightwing being a central figure in Titans, I honestly can't see many Bat-related characters (beyond those that have,already been incorporated into the Arrow/Flash universe) being used on the show, but could easily see practically all of the Superman character library utilized in addition to characters from the Arrow and Flash libraries.

I do think we'll at least hear about Clark even if we don't see him, especially if his and Kara's journeys parallel each other as seems to be the case.

Comment

Brainiac would be a great antagonist to the show. Start with him (and Kara) arriving on Earth, showing us their parallel journey and in time turn him into Brainiac 5 for a good character arc brought upon by Kara.

Comment

Based on what we know, I get the feeling that Henshaw will be the series' first "Big Bad", although Brainiaac is very much a character I can see Berlanti, Adler, and Schechter wanting to use at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebob1984
                        It would be nice if you were right but I just really can't see it happening. Wonder Girl is mostly likely only allowed to appear on TNTs Teen Titans which I fear is the same for Superboy too. You have to remember this is WBs and with shows been on different networks with different creative teams and different rights to different characters. WBs are notorious for not letting certain things happen the Bat embargo springs to mind, which was ridiculous that certain characters couldn't appear on TV Bruce Wayne wasn't allowed on Smallville, in animation (Two Face, The Scarecrow) due to the Nolan films and also add to that they wouldn't even allow Bat villains on JLU because of the animated series The Batman. I swear they think kids are stupid.

Also remember they wouldn't let Ted Kord appear on Arrow because they have plans to use him on film. They are very strict with certain film characters crossing over to TV. Only allowing certain ones in both.
                        Did they ever actually talk about the Ted Kord thing beyond "There are other plans for him?" I'd always wanted to ask them about it myself, and I never got the chance...

If we were to see Superboy/Conner Kent on Titans, that would mean there'd be Superman stuff on possibly 3 different networks which would be overkill, which is why I don't expect to see him, but who knows. I'm kinda (very) against the Krypton show being in development while Supergirl is a thing, too.

If Wonder Girl were to show up in Titans, I'd expect it to be Cassie because not even the comic books can make sense of Donna Troy, which is sad, because Donna Troy is awesome. But this is all a conversation for the Titans thread under Other TV Shows.

I agree with the post above that Henshaw is going to be the show's bad guy. Next? Kara's "sister" Alex... I mean, she has LEX in her name.

Comment

Yeah I think Henshaw will definitely be season one's big bad.

Personally I can see Brainiac been off limits we know what WBs is like.

I'm hoping for Cadmus in season two (if it happens) with then ultimately using Superboy although I worry that he will only be allowed for TNTs Teen Titans at somepoint down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                            Did they ever actually talk about the Ted Kord thing beyond "There are other plans for him?" I'd always wanted to ask them about it myself, and I never got the chance...

If we were to see Superboy/Conner Kent on Titans, that would mean there'd be Superman stuff on possibly 3 different networks which would be overkill, which is why I don't expect to see him, but who knows. I'm kinda (very) against the Krypton show being in development while Supergirl is a thing, too.

If Wonder Girl were to show up in Titans, I'd expect it to be Cassie because not even the comic books can make sense of Donna Troy, which is sad, because Donna Troy is awesome. But this is all a conversation for the Titans thread under Other TV Shows.

I agree with the post above that Henshaw is going to be the show's bad guy. Next? Kara's "sister" Alex... I mean, she has LEX in her name.
                            Honestly I don't know other than what I read online.

Well I'd love to see Superboy on Teen Titans but I think the way they could use him on Supergirl could work out better. Initially as a villain who turns good would be interesting to see.

I'm all for Krypton myself.

I think they'll really tease us with Alex other the seasons.

Comment

I can't see WB refusing Berlanti and Co. or CBS access to Superman's Rogues Gallery and Supporting Character lineups in full given that they allowed FOX and the showrunners on Gotham to license anything and everything having to do with Batman, including characters who have already shown up on Arrow or that will be showing up in the DCCU, but if they were going to refuse the showrunners access to any Superman-related character, I think Lex is a far more likely candidate for embargo than Braniac.

As far as Alex goes, though, I don't think Berlanti will go the route that everybody expects him to by eventually turning her and Kara against one another, but 'to each their own'.
                              Last edited by DigificWriter; 01-07-2015, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Guess we'll see I just know from the past what WBs are like so maybe they've learned that people aren't stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎