Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigificWriter
    ^ Yes, it did.

The original CBS synopsis for Supergirl (with emphasis added by me):
    "Based on the DC Comics character, the drama tells the story of Kara Zor-El, who was born on the planet Krypton, but escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin Superman. But now, at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."
    That proves nothing, synopsis for shows often change and it really doesn't really say anything other than he is her cousin which we know she is. It's typical for a show to mention stuff that may not be incorporated into the show, I remember Arrow had his mother as his step Mum original and that was changed. End of the day we really know nothing much about this show, things can change right up until the last minute. That synopsis for me doesn't confirm Superman is involved in the show or even exists in that universe.

Comment

superman can exist just make it a parallel universe episode Nah do agree supergirl should be about supergirl we all saw it with Arrow series they focused the show on the character first and well metahumans did not exist right away, guess the producers always knew if they introduce super humans with abilities far greater then a boring human its a deal breaker.

supergirl should at least attempt to start off focused 100% on her and not so much within the involved dc universe, perhaps a small homage like from the film a superman poster....

Comment

Supergirl will have absolutely no connections - EVER - to the DC Cinematic Universe, regardless of whether or not Superman exists in her mythology. If the Supergirl series is connected to anything, it will likely be the Arrow/Flash-Verse because of the fact that CBS co-owns The CW and Berlanti helped create both of those series.

Comment

The original CBS synopsis for Supergirl (with emphasis added by me):
          "Based on the DC Comics character, the drama tells the story of Kara Zor-El, who was born on the planet Krypton, but escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin Superman. But now, at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."
          I *totally* forgot about that description. Now, things could change before air - the original logline for Smallville said it was about Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, and *Lois Lane* in high school... wait, that did eventually kinda happen - but with Superman in that universe, it might be kind of hard to avoid the super-elephant in that room. Otherwise we might get a steady flow of "where's Superman?" unless Superman in this world is off-planet or something the whole time. (Or busy snapping necks or something.)

Comment

^ The thing about it, though, is that Superman doesn't * have * to be the 'elephant in the room' if the series is able to establish Kara and her story in such a way that she doesn't need her cousin in her life.

As I said earlier, Superman existing in the series' universe doesn't automatically equal a requirement that he have a presence in Kara's life/exploits.

Comment

If Superman exists and is famous in the world they're building for this show, then it can't cross over with Flash/Arrow outside some kind of alternate reality storyline. If nothing else, Barry would have been able to point to him as something as equally improbable as what he saw the night his mom died.

Oh, and easy way to explain Superman not being around. Have the pilot start with his funeral and have his death be her motivation to embrace her abilities.

Comment

Supergirl will have absolutely no connections - EVER - to the DC Cinematic Universe, regardless of whether or not Superman exists in her mythology. If the Supergirl series is connected to anything, it will likely be the Arrow/Flash-Verse because of the fact that CBS co-owns The CW and Berlanti helped create both of those series.
                Also, Berlanti has gone on record saying crossovers are a possibility, and Marc Guggenheim said as much today, too.

Comment

^ The thing about it, though, is that Superman doesn't * have * to be the 'elephant in the room' if the series is able to establish Kara and her story in such a way that she doesn't need her cousin in her life.
                  But, Smallville was a series about Superman yet the question was always "when will Batman show up?" He was always an elephant even if that was never the intention.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                    But, Smallville was a series about Superman yet the question was always "when will Batman show up?"
                    Seriously?

People are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber
                      If Superman exists and is famous in the world they're building for this show, then it can't cross over with Flash/Arrow.
                      I wouldn't underestimate these writers' ability to make a Supergirl mythology that includes Superman work within the context of the Arrow/Flash universe.

If nothing else, Barry would have been able to point to him as something as equally improbable as what he saw the night his mom died.
                      Who's to say that he didn't? We've never seen his 'wall of weird' up close.

Comment

Seriously?

People are idiots.
                        No argument there, but there was one in particular - a guy who'd go to the Smallville panels at Comic-Con EVERY YEAR in a Batman suit and ask "when am I showing up?"

Then again, there were some interviews around Season 2 where Miles Millar implied Batman was a possibility.

Comment

Maybe they can go with a little of the Earth 2 and have her come from a different Universe and have it so she not only got rocketed from Krypton to Earth but when she did she crossed dimensions. Just a thought...

Comment

I"m sur Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman will come as Guests for the serie.

Comment

Originally posted by baron de suberbielle
                              I"m sur Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman will come as Guests for the serie.
                              Extremely unlikely I would say, only one of those three possible for Supergirl is Superman and I don't even think that will happen.

Comment

Is just my hypothesis, my theory, my thought;my instinct im sur she will meet Clark Kent for one or two episodes as guest and i think she meet Wonder Girl to

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎