Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major flaw in Maleficent's return to Once Upon a time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major flaw in Maleficent's return to Once Upon a time.

I'm assuming Rumple banished Maleficent, Ursla and Cruella to our world after they held Belle hostage for the glove because Rumple said he had two more stops to make after meeting up with Ursla. The problem is that Maleficent was the dragon in the clock tower basement in the first season so she must have been in the enchanted forest for the Evil queen to have brought her along in original spell that created Storybrook. I searched the internet and nobody else seems to have caught this or did I miss some reasonably obvious explanation?

Originally posted by Random Person
    I'm assuming Rumple banished Maleficent, Ursla and Cruella to our world after they held Belle hostage for the glove because Rumple said he had two more stops to make after meeting up with Ursla. The problem is that Maleficent was the dragon in the clock tower basement in the first season so she must have been in the enchanted forest for the Evil queen to have brought her along in original spell that created Storybrook. I searched the internet and nobody else seems to have caught this or did I miss some reasonably obvious explanation?
    Two possible explanations, 1) Malificent left Storybrooke after one of the curses ended. 2) Emma and Hook changing the past changed Malificents outcome.

Comment

I trust the writers and they know that Maleficent was kept as a dragon in the basement in Season One. If Rumple knew how to banish them to "our" world, he wouldn't have needed to create a curse to get here. Based on that, he had to cast them out while they were in Storybrooke. One of my theories is he did it after he found the Sorcerer's hat and before Elsa put up the ice wall. He had a master plan that they would be set up in "our" world to be used when he broke free of the dagger. That is why he knew where they were located.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        I trust the writers and they know that Maleficent was kept as a dragon in the basement in Season One. If Rumple knew how to banish them to "our" world, he wouldn't have needed to create a curse to get here. Based on that, he had to cast them out while they were in Storybrooke. One of my theories is he did it after he found the Sorcerer's hat and before Elsa put up the ice wall. He had a master plan that they would be set up in "our" world to be used when he broke free of the dagger. That is why he knew where they were located.
        Why would you trust the writers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
          Why would you trust the writers?
          I don't think they have forgotten what was written in season one and have mapped out a plan how to introduce these characters and their current plight.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
            I don't think they have forgotten what was written in season one and have mapped out a plan how to introduce these characters and their current plight.
            That's not really true.

Comment

That's not really true.
              I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Until then, I believe the writers have not forgotten what happened in Season One and based on their comments have a clear idea of the stories they want to tell after the break.

Comment

I flat-out guarantee you that the writers haven't forgotten about what they established re: Maleficent in OUaT Season 1, and that she's still somewhere in Storybrooke, which is what will lead Rumple, Cruella, and Ursula to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                  I flat-out guarantee you that the writers haven't forgotten about what they established re: Maleficent in OUaT Season 1, and that she's still somewhere in Storybrooke, which is what will lead Rumple, Cruella, and Ursula to go there.
                  I'm sure they remember that. But they have outright ignored things from s1.

Comment

But they have outright ignored things from s1.
                    Can you give me some examples, please?

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                      Can you give me some examples, please?
                      In Skin Deep, Rumple doesn't tell Belle about Bae until just before their kiss, which he freaks out about, locks her in the dungeon, smashes his stuff, and then kicks her out. However, in Going Home a flashback shows Belle having knowledge of Bae before this occurs.

Comment

I trust they'll explain it, but my current theory is that after they came back to Storybrooke in the 2nd curse, they chose to leave sometime after the Wicked Witch died and before the snow wall came up, when the town line was safe. Regina purposely trapped Maleficent in her dragon form in the 1st curse, but the 2nd curse was Snow's, so no reason to trap her in dragon form. 1st curse was a punishment, 2nd curse wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎