No announcement yet.

How does Oliver survive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Oliver survive

Given the events of the last episode and the major speculation behind it I figured a dedicated thread would be good for it.

The way I see it is there are a couple of ways Oliver could potentially come back;
    1 - The Pit
    1 A - Maseo brings Oliver back via the Pit. This is probably the most common theory going round at the moment and certainly has a lot of reasoning behind it. It was clear that Maseo does care for Oliver in some regard which is why he asked him not to go through with the fight with Ra's but personally I'm unsure that Maseo would be prepared to risk Ra's wrath just to save Oliver. Granted we don't know everything behind Maseo's reasoning for joining the League but presumably his purpose was to get vengeance for his wife and sons deaths, but it still doesn't explain why he left A.R.G.U.S.
    1 B - Malcolm brings Oliver back. Personally I think this is the most likely option as we know that Malcolm considers Oliver pretty much as a son (even before he knew Oliver was the Arrow) and given that he was a member of the League for a time it is reasonable to presume he knows where the Pit is and like every League member he will know where that fight took place.
    1 C - Ra's brings back Oliver as a result of Maseo telling him that he knew Oliver was lying. Ra's respect's men of honor and also wants the truth so bringing Oliver back because of the chance Oliver was lying is certainly possible. If this ended up being the case it would also allow for there to be a chaotically neutral relationship between Ra's and Oliver (Much like Ra's and Batman, which is the path they seem to be going down) as Ra's would respect someone for being prepared to die for his family given his origin's.

2 - Cadmus labs.
    A huge stretch as far as I'm concerned but given the connection to Roy and Amanda I think it's worth while keeping an open mind. Should this be the case, a clone of Oliver would certainly be an interesting dynamic though how it would happen exactly is beyond me.\

Does anyone else have any ideas of what could possible happen?

yeah i reckon Maseo brings Oliver back via the Pit. if you have seen the next episode's trailer, it shows us a glimpse of Oliver's dead body on the ground, and you can barely see Maseo walking towards Oliver's dead body as if to bring it to the pit. and plus it also seems logical since Masoeo clearly cares for Oliver and was rooting for him when Oliver was versing Ra's...

Comment

Originally posted by markom97
      yeah i reckon Maseo brings Oliver back via the Pit. if you have seen the next episode's trailer, it shows us a glimpse of Oliver's dead body on the ground, and you can barely see Maseo walking towards Oliver's dead body as if to bring it to the pit. and plus it also seems logical since Masoeo clearly cares for Oliver and was rooting for him when Oliver was versing Ra's...
      I've seen the trailer but that doesn't show Maseo clearly, it only has his voice over. His voice over could be in relation to one of many things, that doesn't mean that it is Maseo who will take him to the pit.

Comment

I'm not sure how just yet.
        BUT
        I don't think that it is Maseo's voice over on the promo.
        I think it is Tommy.
        I have a hunch that after Tommy died, Malcolm took Tommy to the league to go in the pit
        OR
        somehow that we may find out later that Oliver saved Maseo's family and got them away from China White safely. SO Maseo took Tommy to the league, in exchange for Tommy's life returning, he would become a member of the league. Knowing that Tommy is Oliver's best friend, from the encounter where Oliver was told to kill him when he went to HK looking for Oliver after the email account was accessed.
        Might be me rambling and making connections that don't exist, but its the best i could think of.

Comment

When Oliver said "After IT happened." I feel this was something about his wife and child. I think his son died, that's why he join League Of Assassins. So, who's gonna save Oliver? My bet on Tatsu a.k.a Katana. I feel Oliver make her a favor (might be save her from something) and she might've save him for return. Actually a lot of people talking about Malcolm but why did he wanna help him? Give him a second chance to defeat Ra's Al Ghul? I don't think so. He's enough selfish for that:/

On the other hand, that biyotech company's research could've taken by A.R.G.U.S and they might be create super-antibiotic. So, could it be?

Comment

I am pretty sure that the pit is the answer - no one would survive that wound and fall. The only question is, who brings the body to the pit? I think it will be Maseo, but I would be hugely impressed if it were Malcolm or (the BEST possible answer) a resurrected Tommy. And triple-double-gazillion points if it turns out to be a resurrected Sara !!

Comment

"How does Oliver survive?"

By not dying in the first place.

Yes, those wounds do appear to be fatal (and Ra's clearly believes they are going to be), but with all elements of the fantastical remaining firmly on the Flash side of this universe, the writers aren't likely to actually kill Oliver off unless they plan on having somebody else step in and take his place as the Arrow (which might actually be kind of awesome).

Comment

How does Oliver survive?

I've already come up with several ideas, which will probably seem pretty silly after we really find out what happens!

All of this pit business, I guess is a possibility. I don't know anything about it. So the OP covers it, I wont speculate. But it seems to me if RAG wanted Oliver dead, then he would not agree to let him be brought back.

My two that seem somewhat possible:

Watching how Ollie practically threw his fight with RAG, I wonder if he has some of his magical herb in his pants, and was planning on losing, and then using that herb to revive himself?

The way Diggle and Roy left, after Diggle declaring he would rather die then let Ollie face RAG alone gives me another idea. What if they followed Ollie, and then got into position to help him after his fall.

I figure these following are less likely:

Barry could have been brought in and somehow helped Ollie land without taking further damage, and even rushed him to some kind of medical facility. Why they would do this, I don't know, unless episode 10 is another cross over.

Maybe Ollie lands into a big snow drift that breaks his fall. It will also keep him so cold his wounds don't immediately kill him but maybe even freezes him. But this would make him a sort of captain america, so I doubt it. But we do know that Ollie learned plenty of survival on the island, so if anyone could eke out survival, I would put money on Ollie.

And my most unlikely idea:

Somehow Slade was around there, and injects Ollie with mirakuru before he dies, causing him to become zombie arrow mirakuru warrior

Comment

if only this was legit art lol

Comment

the link doesnt work

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                      "How does Oliver survive?"

By not dying in the first place.

Yes, those wounds do appear to be fatal (and Ra's clearly believes they are going to be), but with all elements of the fantastical remaining firmly on the Flash side of this universe, the writers aren't likely to actually kill Oliver off unless they plan on having somebody else step in and take his place as the Arrow (which might actually be kind of awesome).
                      Actually, the episode JUST hinted at Ra's's immortality: He did say it had been 67 YEARS since his last trial by combat. Even IF we assumed that meant his first kill at 11, that'd put him at 78 years old, at the very LEAST.

Sorry, NO ONE looks, or for that matter, moves THAT good at 78. Highly trained ninja or no.

You lot who aren't fans of the supernatural better brace yourselves for the Pit. Although as sad as I am to say it, the Pit WILL most likely be the ONE supernatural element to Arrow.

I'm hoping at the very least that means we get to see Grundy on Flash instead, even though his origins where on Arrow.

Comment

The pit can be explained as a natural phenomenon or something. I mean honestly- we flirt with the fantastical on this show. Miracle herbs? Mirakuru giving super strength and near immortality? Those are explanations that barely make those things slightly possible. They could easily explain the pit in the same kind of situation. Or they could use the super herbs. It will be Malcolm though. As for his motivations, who knows? I'm sure that we will spend the rest of the season finding out. Maybe he couldn't stand Oliver dying because of Thea or Moira. Maybe he needs Oliver for some reason. Maybe he's a psychopath who is delusional and thinks of Oliver taking Tommy's place or something. I do think it will be the pit though based on Amell's Facebook page today. Some fan posted the Lazarus pit art...and Amell said "We have clever fans".

Comment

Ra's will be the one to bring him back, i have a feeling he knows thea is really the one who killed sara and that oliver was taking the heat to protect her, at the beginning of the fight he tells a story about the first man he killed, he is quoted saying this "I felt ashamed, i had stolen from that man the most precious gift of all..life.. but i also felt something else. Pride. Because i had taken up arms against someone who sought to do something ill against my family.." then when he kills oliver he says a prayer and in that prayer he says "Protect him from the punishment of the grave, and the torment of the fire.." by the fire i think he is referring to the lazarus pit in that some people come out of it crazy..i dont think Ra's is the big bad like everyone thinks, at least not this season, i think when oliver does come back he will be training under Ra's and that Ra's maybe sees him as a potential member or even leader of the league

Comment

Oliver is alive and well! If you get a chance go back and watch the show again and all thru the show there are flash backs of Oliver climbing back up the mountain at night. Also just before he left he was packing a bag and in it looks like he pack those Herbs. So the person in the end of the show has to be Maseo who is bring him his bag with the herbs to help cure him.

Comment

that was when he climbed up the mountain to fight Ra's...he then got up the mountain, got stabbed, and kicked back off the mountain..without his shirt, or hat....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎