Wonder Woman (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman (2017)

Gal Gadot's solo outing set for 2017.

WB want a female helmer for Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

News from Bleeding cool today. Not that I believe this.

We know there's a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of

We know there’s a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice. But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?
    It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spends the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.
    An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…
    Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.

A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.

And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with modern day, with the Justice League Of America.
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 07-22-2016, 07:43 PM.

^Could be interesting. I'm just wondering how this is going to fit in the whole DCU continuity. So she never came out as Wonder Woman to the public in the 1920's/30's/40's? Because in MOS its seemed Superman was the first person with powers the public became aware of. Also, where was WW when Zod and his crew was attacking the whole world?

Comment

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
      Also, where was WW when Zod and his crew was attacking the whole world?
      Defending the Earth against another threat, most likely.

Comment

Eh? MOSverse doesn't seems to be one that had seen superpowered people before Kal and Zod brought their problems to Earth. Seems weird.

That being said, I've always loved the idea of WW and Superman movies (as well as the JSA) set in the past esp the 30s and 40s. But I have no faith in Snyder and co to do that justice. Particularly keeping MOS in mind. But why the 20s? That's just random.

And warring Amazons? That has been done to death since COIE.

Comment

it's bullcrap guys don't put any faith into it. We don't know how the first WW will perform no way WB are thinking of two sequels to her standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
            it's bullcrap guys don't put any faith into it. We don't know how the first WW will perform no way WB are thinking of two sequels to her standalone.
            There's every reason to believe that they have a plan. That doesn't mean the plan is set in stone.

Comment

I'd love to see superhero period pieces, but this would be a strange move.

Comment

Wonder Woman period piece sounds fun.

Comment

Someone said that if they have a great supporting cast and lots of action it would make the wonder woman great no matter who it is that directs because they willhide gal gadots bad acting. I just want to say that if you ever have to hide your leads bad acting but burying them behind other people, I would say you didn't accomplish the job you were set to do which is make audiences care about the character. It would reinforce people to say "yeah she doesnt matter to me all that much" which is what that character has gone through for generations now.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                    Someone said that if they have a great supporting cast and lots of action it would make the wonder woman great no matter who it is that directs because they willhide gal gadots bad acting. I just want to say that if you ever have to hide your leads bad acting but burying them behind other people, I would say you didn't accomplish the job you were set to do which is make audiences care about the character. It would reinforce people to say "yeah she doesnt matter to me all that much" which is what that character has gone through for generations now.
                    Yeah, that's crap, and it doesn't work.

You can't hide your lead. What you can do is what they did with Donner's Superman film in 1978. You surround the inexperienced but talented lead with a dynamite cast so that you give them every opportunity to succeed. But if your goal is to hide the lead, you're doomed from the start.

Comment

I'm being a good film nerd. I'm withholding excitement for this until they announce the writer and director.

Comment

I'd prefer if the origin movie stayed in Themyscira. Make the movie a period piece but about ancient Greek that just happens on an island full of mythical amazons.

Have Diana solve a civil war caused by a rival faction (The Bana in the comics), introduce gods like Ares and maybe even man's world by having Steve Trevor crash land on the island. They could even introduce the island with Steve acting as a surrogate to the audience.

I'd also like if they'd go with the clay origin but that's not happening even if that would solidify Diana as the magic portion of the Trinity (others being human and alien).

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                          I'd prefer if the origin movie stayed in Themyscira. Make the movie a period piece but about ancient Greek that just happens on an island full of mythical amazons.

Have Diana solve a civil war caused by a rival faction (The Bana in the comics), introduce gods like Ares and maybe even man's world by having Steve Trevor crash land on the island. They could even introduce the island with Steve acting as a surrogate to the audience.

I'd also like if they'd go with the clay origin but that's not happening even if that would solidify Diana as the magic portion of the Trinity (others being human and alien).

Comment

Michelle MacLaren is the frontrunner to direct Wonder Woman.

She has directed multiple episodes of Breaking Bad.

Comment

Michelle McLaren is officially the director of Wonder Woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎