Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Paper Moon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Paper Moon?

What did you think?
    10 - Paper beats rock.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - To the Moon with this episode.
    0%

It was just awful... So predictable and had no monsters of interest or any creativity. The girl they brought back was not needed. Her original episode was cool but no real need to rehash it. Could have had something new or different. Am I the only one who feels like supernatural is really taking the safe route lately? So tame and boring now. It felt like a filler episode that I will skip next season on my rewatch lol! And why no Halloween episode for years now?! I think we have had two in the 10 years of this series. I really hope they pick up the pace this season with a fearsome baddie! I mean the Dean demon think fell extremely flat and ended way too quickly. I mean I know the mark will come back up but what's the point without the demon or first blade?! It's just a scar at this point or a loose end for the writers to tie up. Could have made some intro with new witch baddie or whatever. But nothing. I'm not even excited about the meta episode. Singing... Really?! At this point I'm not really feeling this show anymore. Really sucks because I've watched it for 10 years and want to see the ending but they really need to do something interesting... Badly! Sorry for the rant lol!
    Last edited by sino8r; 10-28-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Well, the acting was pretty much terrible. The jokes weren't much better. "Mary Kate and Ashley". Really? Maybe it was just poorly delivered. The whole talking about their issues thing was just awkward. It feels like Jensen is just phoning it in. Maybe he feels the writing is as terrible as it seems too. I don't know. I'm not going to stop watching because I've loved this show for too long. I really want to be at the comic con panel next year so I can ask them why they've let the quality dip so badly.

Comment

I've never been very fond of monster hunt episodes, that one at least had some buildup. I was hoping for Dean to show a little Mark power again, but there was nothing .

5/10 imo.

Sadly I have to agree with Wayne, the only episode of this season I really like is Reichenbach, everything else has been kinda meh so far. Curing Dean so fast was a grave mistake and will hurt the whole season. I'll continue watching and hopefully it will get better as the season progresses..
        Last edited by taftvalue; 10-28-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

typical lame ass filler episode ive come to except from SN. I still absolutely love the show, but man the filler episodes have gotten really bad. I cant complain though.. i mean 10 seasons they've got to be running out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
            Curing Dean so fast was a grave mistake and will hurt the whole season.
            totally agree. i couldnt believe they cured him so fast. i was expecting him to be cured for the mid season finale possibly, but not 3 episodes in.

Comment

Soul Survivor is the only episode I like this season so far. That's pretty bad. I hope Dean will become a demon again. I assume they cured him so fast so they can bombard us with filler episodes. Now the CW is making us wait 2 weeks for a new episode.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                I've never been very fond of monster hunt episodes, that one at least had some buildup. I was hoping for Dean to show a little Mark power again, but there was nothing .

5/10 imo.

Sadly I have to agree with Wayne, the only episode of this season I really like is Reichenbach, everything else has been kinda meh so far. Curing Dean so fast was a grave mistake and will hurt the whole season. I'll continue watching and hopefully it will get better as the season progresses..
                I'm curious about the mark as well. Didn't they throw it (first blade) back into the ocean or something? I can't remember if they mentioned anything specific about its current whereabouts. Without the blade and demon powers, the mark is nothing, right?

Comment

There's this episode 'Alexis Alex Ann' or something like that in season 9 and in that episode Dean overpowers a vampire with ease and cuts his head off, saying 'look at me *****' and clearly enjoys it. Later Sam talk about it with Dean and is disturbed by Dean's actions. The mark gives him superhuman strength aswell as the desire to kill in that episode even though he does not have the blade at all during that time. (that ex men of letters guy still has it)

why is b i t ch censored lol?
                  Last edited by taftvalue; 10-31-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Loved the boys chillin' by the water. But I knew that Dean (especially) would start getting antsy soon. I did enjoy Dean busting Sam's chops about his hurt arm though. He has a point. I mean, after going through so much to have his arm broken by a low level demon? (I know they had to because of Jared getting hurt in real life but still...)

Great to see them in the game warden uniforms. It's been a bit tiresome, them always being Fibbies. At least this time they got to wear something different. Plus, they were both rocking those outfits! Though I'm sorry Dean went back to regular hair. I really loved demon!Dean's haircut. Like, really.

So it's Kate. I mean, of all the cool women who have been on this show, to bring her back? *shrugs* I didn't really care about her much and still don't much now (course, as you guys know, I'm not a fan of werewolves so my interest was pretty low in the first place).

Annnnnnnnnnnd of course she escapes.

Dean being all concerned about Sam (re: Lester).

So Kate's sister? Yeah, still don't really care much. And who else saw the obvious parallels between Kate and her sis and Sam and Dean? I felt like it was pretty heavy handed there.

When Dean announced there was a cure for werewolves I was like "there is? I don't remember that!" Then oh hey, he's totally lying.

Okay, anyone else wondering how/why Kate got shotgun? She should be in the back instead of Sam! But they had a nice heart to heart (why do so many of the boys meaningful conversations seem to take place in that car?). With just enough snark to not make it too heavy. "I was a demon? Oh thanks, I didn't realize." "Shut up." And then Sam telling Dean he never has to say Thank you? Ah, the taste of Season 8/Amelia Sam is now washing away.

"You don't ever come back from that. Not ever." Voice of experience, Dean? I mean, he's been a torturer in Hell, almost turning Demon there, then he really did turn demon. He accuses Sam of going darkside but Dean's done it too. And perhaps worse, in a way? (But that's a debate for another time.)

Those dudes got the drop on Dean? That's surprising. But then, he might be a little rusty after being a demon for so long.

Whoa, she ganked her sister? Now that's a departure from the boys. Cause neither one of them would EVER gank each other. In fact, they've had opportunities and haven't.

The heart to heart in the car (again, a meaningful conversation in the Impala!). But while I get Dean's concern, what Sam done doesn't seem as bad as some stuff he's done in the past (drinking Ruby's blood, etc.). I mean, Lester was bad but he might have found a way to sell his soul anyway (and with Crowley on the throne, a Crossroads demon probably would have come around sooner or later). I don't know. Dean seems to be treating it as much worse than I think it is, I guess?

So, yeah, didn't care a lot for the Kate storyline part of things and if we never see her again, that's okay by me (though they obviously set it up so she could return--or worse, that she might be one of the spin-off characters?). But the boys stuff was excellent.
                    Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 11-01-2014, 11:00 AM. Reason: forgot to bold a word

Comment

Unfortch, it was a boring filler. Barely a 5.

They cured arrogant, mean demon Dean way too soon.

Comment

Another poor episode FFS!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎