Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "A Hen In The Wolf House"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "A Hen In The Wolf House"?

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Post 'em here!
    10 - It was more fierce than Wolverine.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Kentucky Fried Hen.
    0%

I gave this episode a 9. It would have been a 10 if only the scene between the Doctor and Raina had been better lit.

Lots of revelations in this episode, and all done extremely well. I was glad to see Coulson come clean with Skye, telling her that most of the writings are his and that she might be an alien. That has to be hard to hear...

I have to admit I was surprised to see Bobbi working in Hydra security, but when Coulson was clearly not going to comply with Raina's blackmail it was pretty obvious that Bobbi was also a plant. I think Bobbi is going to be a great addition - I hope she sticks around for a good long while.

Finally, I was very happy to see advancement on the Doctor. Who/what the hell is this guy? I have been trying to map him to a known Marvel character, but now I think, like Skye, the Doctor may be a new character created for AoS. I am still pretty sure that the Kree and/or the Inhumans are involved. I am very much looking forward to learning more about this guy and Skye - LOTS more.

Comment

Given that this is a Whedon show, I will be happily relieved if Simmons does not turn out to be brainwashed by Hydra now. He awkward joke about 'complying' seemed odd, even by 'old' and 'new' Simmons standards. So more heartache for Leo Fitz, if my suspicions are accurate.

Comment

I have a new favourite episode. I can't think of anything that I didn't enjoy this episode(I even watched it 2 more times just to make sure lol). Personal highlight was seeing Bobbi being cool this episode I thought she got a good introduction to the series. I give the episode a 10.

Really looking forward to the next episode, especially since Agent Burke from White Collar is in it (I like that show a lot as well).

Though I did have to laugh at the scene where Sky was basically giving orders to Coulson about ''not keeping anymore secrets'' lol I mean he's the Director, there's going to be secrets he has to keep haha.

Comment

As a guy with a staunch history of preferring DC characters, I'm honestly enjoying this the most of the four big comic book shows on right now.

The one thing that feels a bit off is the way everybody at HYDRA seems in on their plans, as evidenced by Simmons's lab partner. Everybody working there seems to be totally fine with killing millions of people and doing various evil things, assuming HYDRA didn't take the time to brainwash every single employee. With the organization shown to be so vast, I'm now identifying more with the criticism that it was unrealistic in Winter Soldier how every single person in S.H.I.E.L.D. knew exactly which side they were on. The best way to run something like this would be to keep everyone in the dark. Have these scientists work on things without them knowing what they're ultimately creating. If someone like Simmons puts it together and objects, brainwash her. Certainly don't put HYDRA logos on every single file and folder.

Otherwise, I think I like all the characters at this point. The show has developed a strong ensemble cast. I'm interested in how they all interact and accomplish their missions. The group's fugitive status adds a great dynamic, and watching things play out against HYDRA should be enjoyable.
          Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 10-24-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I liked this episode but not as much as I thought I would, I guess?

So Hydra kills an anti-Hydra team with poison champagne? Um, seems to be a little overt for Hydra...?

Raina and Papa Skye (as I call him). Hmmm.

References to the Red Skull and the Tesseract, yay!

Fitz admitting 'Simmons' isn't real. That didn't seem like the big step she made it out to be. Didn't he pretty much admit it a couple of episodes ago? *confused*

Ward concerned about Skye and the writing.

Raina sees Simmons. Ooo, not good!

So Coulson thinks Skye's an alien ("it's a theory") because she wasn't affected like he and Garrett were. Pretty good thinking, IMO.

Bobbi as Hydra. Soon as we saw her I knew she was a double agent and figured she'd work it to clear Simmons. I was not expecting her to help get Simmons out of there, though. That was a surprise.

Raina's 2 minute countdown. Coulson calling her bluff. I love it when he does stuff like that.

Bobbi kicking butt was fun to watch. A little too "Black Window" at times but fun.

The plane cloaked, jumping off the roof. That would have been a cool scene except, I don't know. It felt sort of 'Matrix'y to me?

Skye took off on her own. *sighs* I get why but still.

The pic of Papa Skye and Baby!Skye. So now she knows what her father looks like. It did seem careless of him to leave it behind.

The dudes are dead, Skye thinks he's a monster and he thinks that of himself.

Bobbi joins the team.

Fitzsimmons back together (but very awkwardly, which is interesting) again.

The reference to Bobbi being blonde (I love Adrienne Palicki, have since her days as 'Supergirl' on Smallville. So when I saw she'd been cast as Mockingbird for this show I was thrilled but I was also miffed that she was not blonde. So that line made me very happy.). And she's Hunter's ex? That line made me less happy (I could do with less Hunter, frankly. He feels like a poor man's mix of Barton and Stark.).

The symbols are a map? Huh.

Papa!Skye coming to Hydra with the Obelisk (or 'Diviner' or whatever they are calling it now?) and wanting Phil dead. It was obvious he saw Phil as a usurper for Skye's affections, a surrogate father who was taking his (the father's) place.

So yeah, solid episode (gave it an 8).

Originally posted by Knightshadow57
            Given that this is a Whedon show, I will be happily relieved if Simmons does not turn out to be brainwashed by Hydra now. He awkward joke about 'complying' seemed odd
            When she used that word ("comply") my first thought was that she had been secretly brainwashed (perhaps Bobbi too) but doesn't know it? It might be an interesting twist if she turns out to be later on.
            Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 10-25-2014, 11:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add a thought

Comment

Great episode overall loved Bobbi saving Simmons.

Comment

My only surprise is seeing how universally so far everyone is calling Mockingbird "Bobbi". Sure, it's her name. But I don't run around calling Captain America "Steve": or Iron Man "Tony" or Hawkeye "Clint". Speaking of Hawkeye..... I guess she won't be getting together with him in the Marvel CU seeing as they're going with the whole ex-wife of the Brit merc thing. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Linerunner
                  My only surprise is seeing how universally so far everyone is calling Mockingbird "Bobbi". Sure, it's her name. But I don't run around calling Captain America "Steve": or Iron Man "Tony" or Hawkeye "Clint".
                  I don't think she's been given the code-name Mockingbird yet in the MCU. That's why they keep calling her Bobbi. Mockingbird is her 'superhero' name, which I don't think she's been christened with. Therefore they can't use it yet, on the show.

Comment

I like 'Hen In The Wolf House, because we are introduced to a future member of the Avengers in this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎