No announcement yet.

Possible theory about Komodo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible theory about Komodo

ok so, i can't find exact source (it's listed on multiple websites) but Guggenheim supposedly said this about Simon Lacroix/Komodo:

"Yes, he’s the villain-of-the-week for the second week of the show, but you’ll see that Team Arrow’s pursuit of him is part and parcel of a season-long storyline. You’re going to know what happens to Komodo at the end of the episode, but it will be a little bit tied in better with the season-long mythology than villain-of-the-week episodes have done in the past"

you know how in the episode "Sara", Team Arrow puts info together and finds out that Komodo has been murdering people who had been paid by AmerTek's subsidiary to build an oil pipeline in Qurac? (i'm seriously loving these DC Comics references )

Well, what if Komodo was hired by Ra's Al Ghul himself to kill all those businessmen? it perfectly fits with his "eco-terrorism" and wanting to preserve the planet (by protecting the "largest untapped oil field in the planet", as said by Felicity)....also, it was mentioned in the same scene that Sara did some work in Qurac as well (presumably to kill people for the League...maybe people who were also involved in the oil pipeline?)

here's another quote (sorry, can't find exact source again, listed on multiple websites) by Kreisberg, who said this about the Season 3 Big Bad back in July:

“What’s interesting about the villain in season three is that he doesn’t necessarily disagree with [Oliver]. He doesn’t have any personal animus towards the Arrow, and he actually in some ways has a very similar worldview. [But] the Arrow is thinking too small.”

too small i.e. just Starling City?

food for thought
    Last edited by Majin Wilson; 10-17-2014, 06:19 PM.

I've been saying that Komodo wasn't Sara's killer since episode 1. I believe Ra's Al Ghul sent Sara to Starling City to assassinate the oil tycoons that Komodo was taking out. Now either Sara wasn't going to follow those orders or possibly found out that Ra's also hired Komodo to complete the task that may have got her on Ra's badside but whatever the reason I think Ra's was already planning on Sara not accomplishing the assassinations and hired an outside man in Komodo to stop the pipeline. Knowing in advance that Sara wouldn't finish the task ment that Ra's had to secure its completion without alerting Nyssa and therefore was unable to send in a secondary LoA hitman, in comes Komodo.

Komodo worked as a prime suspect in episode 2 but didn't quite fit the profile of Sara's killer simply because Team Arrow doesn't yet know that Malcolm Merlyn is still alive nor that he's training Thea. We as viewers know that it was somebody that Sara knew and wasn't afraid of so that narrows down suspects considerably yet from what Team Arrow knows is that it was a highly skilled archer that used 3 black arrows to kill her and that the League of Assassins wouldn't target their own. Team Arrow was wrong with Komodo just as I believe they are wrong about the LoA not targeting their own, Team Arrow will stick by their LoA assumption and go after Malcolm Merlyn with a vengeance once they find out he's still alive which will also be in Ra's Al Ghul's interest seeing that he too is hunting Malcolm. The manhunt will push Thea further onto Malcolm's side and will form another informal alliance between Team Arrow and the LoA as they had in the season 2 finale.

Of course during the falsely led manhunt against Malcolm, Ra's will be able to carry out his plans unhindered by Team Arrow. Komodo I don't see showing back up on the show for any major role, possibly another guest appearance similar to China White but unlike Bronze Tiger or Deadshot.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      I've been saying that Komodo wasn't Sara's killer since episode 1. I believe Ra's Al Ghul sent Sara to Starling City to assassinate the oil tycoons that Komodo was taking out. Now either Sara wasn't going to follow those orders or possibly found out that Ra's also hired Komodo to complete the task that may have got her on Ra's badside but whatever the reason I think Ra's was already planning on Sara not accomplishing the assassinations and hired an outside man in Komodo to stop the pipeline. Knowing in advance that Sara wouldn't finish the task ment that Ra's had to secure its completion without alerting Nyssa and therefore was unable to send in a secondary LoA hitman, in comes Komodo.
      but wasn't Sara in Starling City to see her family/check up on them?

Komodo worked as a prime suspect in episode 2 but didn't quite fit the profile of Sara's killer simply because Team Arrow doesn't yet know that Malcolm Merlyn is still alive nor that he's training Thea.
      yeah nah he didn't work at all...it would have been way way too obvious

Of course during the falsely led manhunt against Malcolm, Ra's will be able to carry out his plans unhindered by Team Arrow. Komodo I don't see showing back up on the show for any major role, possibly another guest appearance similar to China White but unlike Bronze Tiger or Deadshot.
      well i disagree, hope he does show up more often!

otherwise yeah, agree with other points in your post

Comment

Originally posted by Majin Wilson
        but wasn't Sara in Starling City to see her family/check up on them?
        It wasn't JUST to visit the family, that's why she didn't want Quentin to know she was in town yet.

Originally posted by Majin Wilson
        well i disagree, hope he does show up more often!

otherwise yeah, agree with other points in your post
        I wouldn't mind seeing Komodo more often, I just don't see him having a big role in the overall story arc for the season. He was also poorly portrayed in episode 2, no real depth to his character. The only villian so far that was introduced in that way that did get a semi-decent backstory and given depth to the character was Deadshot once he started helping out Diggle. Neither China White nor Bronze Tiger, both of which got recurring roles, got that sort of retcon to give them more depth.

EDIT: We know Komodo is from Quebec, that his mom is alive and he keeps in contact with her, that he's wanted in 7 countries and that he's a hired mercenary/hitman that prides himself on his work. I doubt Komodo knows who hired him or why other than to kill the oil tycoons. The only way we can continue with Komodo right now is for Team Arrow to follow up on the targets Komodo had that he hasn't killed yet but that doesn't mean we still need to be seeing Komodo.

Maybe Team Arrow might discover that Simon Lacroix's mother is also his contact to those hiring him. Might lead to a search for her that prompts Komodo to come after Team Arrow... Could be a way to bring Komodo back into the picture. Ma Baker anyone?
        Last edited by DoubleDevil; 10-18-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Neither China White nor Bronze Tiger, both of which got recurring roles, got that sort of retcon to give them more depth.
          i think China White might be getting more of a backstory NOW, according to one of the upcoming episode blurbs.

EDIT: We know Komodo is from Quebec, that his mom is alive and he keeps in contact with her, that he's wanted in 7 countries and that he's a hired mercenary/hitman that prides himself on his work. I doubt Komodo knows who hired him or why other than to kill the oil tycoons. The only way we can continue with Komodo right now is for Team Arrow to follow up on the targets Komodo had that he hasn't killed yet but that doesn't mean we still need to be seeing Komodo.

Maybe Team Arrow might discover that Simon Lacroix's mother is also his contact to those hiring him. Might lead to a search for her that prompts Komodo to come after Team Arrow... Could be a way to bring Komodo back into the picture. Ma Baker anyone?
          perhaps time will tell haha

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎