Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville to end with season 11

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was sad and surprising news to me as I had just discovered and begun reading the comic within the past couple weeks. I'd caught up and loved it, and then - bam.

But I think I'm ok with them ending it here. It'll end up (I suspect) a wider DC universe equivalent to what season 10 and the finale were for Superman. A very involved prequel that sets everything up and then cuts out, leaving you to imagine all the fun things that happened afterward.

I will say that it would be cool if they occasionally revisited this continuity and these versions of the characters. In a remarkably short amount of time, Miller's Batman&Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Zatanna, and on and on and on, all won me over. Frankly I'd rather we got individual books for these versions of these characters than any of the lame new 52 stuff. Miller had great source material (both Smallville and the DC universe) to draw from, and with the exception of the Lantern stuff (which has all been awful), he's gotten everything perfect.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎