Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of White Out?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of White Out?

What did you think?
    10 - Chillingly Good.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Like Bo Peeps Sheep this episode should get lost.
    0%

this season needs to stay frosty

Comment

I gave it a 9. It held my interest throughout, although I did find the subplot with Mary Margaret a tad cheesy (She re-cast the original curse and that makes her mayor? Whatever.) Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

8 out of 10...

I'm really liking this Frozen story arc. Very little has actually happened but, it's still better than that Neverland story arc.

Comment

I liked it, especially the ending and I think I know who the second woman with the freezing powers is. I thought it was great of Henry to go to Regina but I think it won't do any good.

Comment

I liked the episode a lot. It reminded me of the Wonderland episode "Trust Me", both in the way it used its flashback material and in the way Anna and David interacted with each other (which reminded me of the way Cyrus interacted with Alice).

I've seen people elsewhere complain about the implausibility of David fighting competently after only one lesson, but I think people missed the point. His reluctance to fight wasn't about a lack of fight training; it was about lack of confidence.

He wasn't losing to Anna because he couldn't grasp what she was teaching him; he was losing to Anna because he didn't have confidence in himself. Once he found his confidence, everything changed.

I also liked the way Emma and Elsa interacted, because you can really see just how similar the two characters are and why Adam and Eddy wanted to bring the Frozen characters into their universe.

Elizabeth Lail is really channeling Kristen Bell, and it makes her character work all the better. I knew the writers were going to connect her to David, but connecting him to Kristoff as well was a nice touch I didn't see coming.

It was fun seeing Bo Peep as an intimidating warlord and as the Storybrooke butcher, and I really liked the actress they cast in the part. I also liked that they used Peep's crook to establish that Anna is alive, although I do wonder what happened to her and how or if she's connected to Elizabeth Mitchell's Snow Queen.

Regina shutting herself off from everybody makes perfect sense for who she is, but I did like that she let Henry in when he 'forced the issue'.

Snow White/Mary Margaret has always been awesome, but she was even more so tonight. I love that the town thinks that casting the Curse makes her the defacto Mayor, and her outburst was classic. I also loved the way the writers used baby Neal as a catalyst for her figuring out how to get the generator working, and her reaction was perfectly played by Ginny. "High five, baby" indeed.

"White Out" was a great episode written and acted in classic Once fashion, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

This show gets so unintentionally cheesy that I can't help but like it, well other than the Pan arc, that was dull as dishwater, I do wish it was a little more self aware. I knew the "Ice Cream Shop Lady" was coming but I didn't expect her so soon, I feel like if I say anymore here it'll be a spoiler but I'm interested in seeing where they go with this.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
                I liked it, especially the ending and I think I know who the second woman with the freezing powers is.
                Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                I've seen people elsewhere complain about the implausibility of David fighting competently after only one lesson, but I think people missed the point. His reluctance to fight wasn't about a lack of fight training; it was about lack of confidence.
                It's possible that he had multiple lessons that lasted for hours each day before that one scene – at least that's what I assumed.

Comment

Once David found his confidence, he was winning that skirmish with Bo's goons out of sheer determination, so the amount of time he'd spent training became irrelevant.

I said this elsewhere, but Bo was basically nothing more than a 'landed mercenary', somebody who used intimidation to get what she wanted but who had little actual power. It's a very medieval concept, and I think they pulled it off well.

Comment

Good show- all good points already mentioned.

Comment

Frozen Swan was the best thing about this episode.

Comment

Honestly I'm into the whole Emma/Elsa bond that went on here and kind of ship them yet the rescue scene finally started to sell me on Emma's feelings about Hook. The way she reached for him when she climbed out of the ice wall and clung to him was a pretty powerful moment and the kind of mush I'm a pretty big sucker for.

The backstory between David and Anna while had me skeptical of it's believability at first managed to become interesting and I realized that there really isn't an explanation prior to where David learned to wield a sword. Learning of his father's death by drunk driving was the by far the best part. So much for The Enchanted Forest being a world of fairytales. Wow.
                        Bo Peep was a bit random but I do like certain elements of what of her character we got here, her being a ***** and the powers suggested of her staff. I'm trusting they'll give her more backstory later.

One thing that had me a bit annoyed in this episode was how the towns folk were responding to Mary Margaret as the new mayor. Granted I'd share their concern of Elsa in their position, that doesn't give them grounds to treat her so harshly. They accepted her rule once before the first curse occurred, how is this any different? The least they needed to do was hear what she had to say. I'm especially appalled at the dwarves here who had the most respect for her as Snow White. The woman just had a baby for christ's sake, she's got a lot on her plate!

I do like that the two characters are being given some new importance however as Regina and Rumple have hogged most of the spotlight up until now so it's kind of nice to see them take a back seat for once. At least for a little bit. Though I am enjoying Regina's current storyline.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised. I was skeptical about the Frozen storyline but they've done such a stunning job that I'm on the verge of being blown away! And I love that they are also throwing Hans Christian Andersen's original Snow Queen into the mix. I am very interested in finding out what they are doing with her.

Here's a little extra goodie for your enjoyment, a deleted scene from this episode released on Twitter just yesterday.
                        Being shut out by Regina almost sent Henry down a dark path and here is where Rumple begun to win me back after the Zelina stunt with his response to Henry's very startling and heartbreaking request.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎