Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Selina Kyle?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 episodes in an Bullock is clearly the standout character at least for me. I feel like him and Barbara are the most intriguing characters. They seem more organic then most of the cast. Gordon is good too, I think they need to show more internal conflict with the character, I think that will come when things get complicated with Barbara though.

So at this point is Selina going to go back on the streets or is Gordon going to find a family for her?

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if Gordon puts her with Bruce and Alfred. Thats where i think theyre going since Bruce was asking how hs could help.

I thought this episode was really good. Better than the first ep because it didnt feel nearly as cramped with plot and characters being introduced. We knew the characters so they took their time and revealed more layers and took their time. It reminded me of an episode of SVU with Gordon feeling like Stabler to me this time. Definitely want to see what happens with Penguin and his prisoner.

Btw is it true this ep introduced Zsasz? If so i didnt see the reference.

Also did the girl playing Selina aka Cat remind anyone else of Michelle Pfeiffer? I thought she looked like a young version of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        Also did the girl playing Selina aka Cat remind anyone else of Michelle Pfeiffer? I thought she looked like a young version of her.
        Yes, and I believe that is intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          2 episodes in an Bullock is clearly the standout character at least for me. I feel like him and Barbara are the most intriguing characters.
          It's amazing how two people can watch the same show and come away with two completely different thoughts.

Comment

I gave it a 7. It kept me entertained without getting bored, so that's good.

My only issue was that there were moments where Jada Pinkett Smith seemed to go so over the top that it just didn't work in her favor. I really wish I knew where she was coming from with this character. I thought she did great in the pilot, but something seemed off to me in this episode.

Originally posted by Degobunny
            2 episodes in an Bullock is clearly the standout character at least for me.
            My vote goes to Alfred. There's something interesting about a character that feels so much under the surface but never expresses it. That's where I seem him, at least right now. You can tell he loves Bruce deeply, but he feels it makes him weak to show that side of his personality. Unfortunately, that's how a lot of father/son relationships are.

The next best character is The Penguin.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            It's amazing how two people can watch the same show and come away with two completely different thoughts.
            Indeed.
            Last edited by Aries83; 09-30-2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

It was darn good! Looks lke they are getting to the meat of things with the Penguin. Yup , it looks like a war is going to erupt. I wonder how many episoles they have plan for this part of the season.

Comment

So far I feel like Penguin is the best thing going, although I am enjoying Ben Mckenzie as james and Bullock. But someone should tell Jada Pinkette smith that just because the show is based on a comic book, it doesn't mean you need to act like a cartoon character with the way you deliver your lines. its like watching paul gimatti all over again in the amazing spider man 2

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  My only issue was that there were moments where Jada Pinkett Smith seemed to go so over the top that it just didn't work in her favor. I really wish I knew where she was coming from with this character. I thought she did great in the pilot, but something seemed off to me in this episode.
                  I read a review where the reviewer theorized that she's deliberately playing it like Eartha Kitt. I can definitely see why that would rub people the wrong way, but so far, I am still really enjoying her performance.

Comment

I read a review where the reviewer theorized that she's deliberately playing it like Eartha Kitt.
                    Hmmm...Interesting. That might explain the speech pattern that seems to emerge sometimes when she's delivering her lines. I don't mind Pinkett Smith, I just hope her character gets a little more developed.

Kitt's performance isn't a bad place to drawn from, but I'm not sure if it works for this series.
                    Last edited by Aries83; 10-01-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Wasn't bad. I'm enjoying the show so far from these two episodes. Still not a fan of Alfred. Hopefully he grows on me. Also, Selina constanlty telling everyone to call her Cat was annoying to me. Bout the only complaints I have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                        I wouldnt be surprised if Gordon puts her with Bruce and Alfred. Thats where i think theyre going since Bruce was asking how hs could help.

I thought this episode was really good. Better than the first ep because it didnt feel nearly as cramped with plot and characters being introduced. We knew the characters so they took their time and revealed more layers and took their time. It reminded me of an episode of SVU with Gordon feeling like Stabler to me this time. Definitely want to see what happens with Penguin and his prisoner.

Btw is it true this ep introduced Zsasz? If so i didnt see the reference.

Check the preview that was released a couple days ago showing snippets of upcoming episodes.
                        Yes, and I believe that is intentional.
                        Been saying it like a lot of others since the day her casting was announced, absolutely intentional so much so that I'm 100% certain they're trying and get Michelle Pfieffer to play Maria Kyle.

I read a review where the reviewer theorized that she's deliberately playing it like Eartha Kitt. I can definitely see why that would rub people the wrong way, but so far, I am still really enjoying her performance.
                        That's the vibe I get also.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                          Been saying it like a lot of others since the day her casting was announced, absolutely intentional so much so that I'm 100% certain they're trying and get Michelle Pfieffer to play Maria Kyle.
                          That would be really cool. She has done TV before, so I don't see why she wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                            A good episode but a episode titled "Selina Kyle" should've had more of the character in the said episode.
                            Agreed and I was certainly expecting more on that front. They picked a good actress for her though which is really demonstrated in the last scene where Selina makes a deal with Gordon. The scratching of the eyes was a good bonus too!

Overall I liked the Pilot more but this episode still showed that the writing was top notch given the subject matter. I really liked how intense Gordon and Bullock got because of the events of the last episode. This show has so many nice details like the third cop getting mixed in their fight.

The scene with Mooney and Falcone was gold. Jada Pinkett Smith might be hamming it up but the camera loves her and I kinda do too. She's great and eating the screen. Comic booky and cartoony but just in the right way, at least in this episode. I mean you really felt her motivation for bringing down Falcone in her next scene. I really hope the character sticks around for longer than one season and doesn't get killed by the--

--Penguin was great! The actor did a stellar job once again. It's weird, based on the trailers I thought I wasn't going to like him that much. The scenes with Oswald were so basic and simple but really effective, it really paints a picture of the guy and what future problems he will bring to Gotham.

Barbara had little screen time but was very effective (is this going to be a pattern for the show?) I loved the way she was used. Really pro-active and contributing to the story. I was so dreading Barbara would be the Lana Lang or the Laurel Lance of the show. Guess it's still possible but the writing on the show should make it at least more tolerable.

I didn't really feel the main story with the Snatchers. The actors were good and I liked two dudes helping them, the cell they had for the kids but overall it wasn't that engrossing like the mystery behind who shot the Wayne's.

This was a solid 7 episode. Not as good as the Pilot but in my experience that's nothing new.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎