No announcement yet.

Bill Nighy and Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Nighy and Doctor Who

On BBC Radio 2's Simon Mayo Show earlier this evening, Bill Nighy (art expert Dr Black in Vincent and the Doctor; Love Actually; [iThe Best Exotic Marigold Hotel[/i]) was interviewed about his role in recently-released movie Pride. Ending the interview with a few questions about other roles, Mayo asked Nighy "Did you turn down [the lead in] Doctor Who?" Nighy responded that it was considered disrespectful to the actors who did get those parts to name the roles that you were offered and rejected. However, as this story was in the public domain, he would confirm that he was approached about playing the Doctor, and turned it down. He would not say when he was approached, but confirmed that it was "not recent."

If i remember correctly Bill Nighy was considered to replace David Tennant. I think he didnt have time to do it but he was happy to have been asked. I loved when he was on Vincent and The Doctor and the parts where he and Matt were complimenting each others bow ties made me smile. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a nod to us fans who know that he was at one point in the mix to play The Doctor.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎