Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates, Haggard.

Just looking at the dates a bit. Episode 5.07 airs on February 21. And now we know that episode 5.12 (finale) airs on April 25th. Meaning there are 8 Fridays in between for 4 episodes. So yeah, either we are going to get one lengthy hiatus after 5.07 or we will get a new episode every 2 weeks for the remainder of the season. I hope it's the former, personally. The final stretch of episodes should air in consecutive weeks in order to build the anticipation.

The Batman thing sounds tricky to pull off. I mean, camera wise they can make it happen, but it's very hard imagining David's head on a 6'4 body. He's grown a lot, but not that much!

Bane was always going to break someone's back, wasn't he? It's the thing that made him a famous comic book character. At least they went a different route and they didn't have him break Bruce's again.

The wording by Erin makes me believe even further my initial speculation. Her redemption will be giving birth to Jim's daughter before she sacrifices herself somehow. And then Jim will give their daughter Barbara's name as a tribute.

Nothing about Lee, strangely enough.
    Last edited by costas22; 02-07-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Here's the episode descriptions for 5x08 and 5x09

For 5x07

BULLOCK’S PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT HIM ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, ON FOX

Bullock’s past comes back to haunt him when he and Gordon investigate two murders at Sirens. Meanwhile, Bruce and Alfred explore the tunnels beneath the city, and Penguin and Nygma’s plans to escape are thwarted by the least likely of suspects in the all-new “Nothing’s Shocking” episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Feb. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-511) (TV-14 L, V)

Then for 5x09

GORDON RECKONS WITH HIS PAST AS IVY CASTS A SPELL ON BRUCE ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” THURSDAY, MARCH 7, ON FOX
      Written by Series Star Ben McKenzie; Directed by Series Star Erin Richards

After Gordon is shot in an attempt to establish a cease-fire, he hallucinates a trial for his life that could have deadly real consequences. Meanwhile, Ivy (guest star Peyton List) returns and puts her spell on Bruce, leaving Selina to defend herself. Lee has a life-changing moment as Barbara and Penguin consider their next moves in the all-new “The Trial of Jim Gordon” episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-512) (TV-14 L, V)

The real bright news is Gotham goes from now until March 7 which is the 100th episode as well. I'm thinking they might do a break following 5x09 then return with airing the remaining final episodes.

Comment

Hm, guess I was wrong about a hiatus after 5.07. Which also means that there'll be 3 episodes left to air between March 7 and April 25. Sounds like there'll be a month long hiatus at some point.

Episode 5.09 is the one Ben wrote and Erin directed. Sounds interesting.

Comment

So just in the title for 5x12 will be "The Beginning."

Also Gotham season 5 along with a Gotham complete series comes out on June 11th. So thankfully no waiting for October/November 2019 to pick up Gotham season 5 on DVD/Bulray.

Comment

Here is the 5x10 press release

"On the precipice of Gotham's reunification, Gordon and Bruce find themselves face-to-face with a newly transformed Eduardo, and discover the real mastermind behind the city's current chaos. Meanwhile, a pregnant Barbara turns to Lee for help in the all-new "I Am Bane" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, March 21 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-508) (TV-14 L, V)"

So looks like Gotham goes on a one week break following 5x09.

Comment

That's surprising. After this there will be 2 episodes left and we know the finale airs on April 24th. Or maybe that's not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                That's surprising. After this there will be 2 episodes left and we know the finale airs on April 24th. Or maybe that's not the case?
                Well John Stephens said at the TAC panel or somebody did for the April 25th airdate.

Now could that be wrong? Maybe.

What I'm thinking is a one week break Gotham it'll come back for 5x10 and either follow up with 5x11 the next week before going on break to 5x12 or Gotham will air 5x10 before going on break with coming back airing 5x11 and 5x12 in one go.

Comment

Ok, April 25th is truly the date for the series finale. Cameron Monaghan revealed it on his Instagram account as he teased that we would see "Mr J" on that night. And since episode 5.10 airs this Thurday, it means that episode 5.11 will air at some point between March 28th and April 18th. This doesn't help a lot with the show's momentum.

Comment

Comment

• Imagine if after all this teasing Batman shows up for 30 seconds or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                        Imagine if after all this teasing Batman shows up for 30 seconds or something.
                        From my trust worthy leaker guy, the same one who called Walker being Nyssa and some other stuff is Batman shows up for 6 secnes in the finale. Most of it will be Batman in the shadows, or arm, legs, hands type of shots however for the finale scene we will get to see the full on Batman suit, with no Smallville stuff like how we never got to see Superman in full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haggard01
                          From my trust worthy leaker guy, the same one who called Walker being Nyssa and some other stuff is Batman shows up for 6 secnes in the finale. Most of it will be Batman in the shadows, or arm, legs, hands type of shots however for the finale scene we will get to see the full on Batman suit, with no Smallville stuff like how we never got to see Superman in full.
                          Αh ok, thanks! It's not that I expect to see him in a long fight or anything, but they must show him in a satisfactory way (meaning, no Smallville copouts ).

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                            Imagine if after all this teasing Batman shows up for 30 seconds or something.
                            Oh god please no...not the Force Awakens again. Please no.

Comment

• Comment

• He’s hideous!! It’s like Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson’s Jokers had a baby

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎