Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlander (Starz)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatched the first episode of season one. Before the show ends, I hope that it's explained what Jamie was doing in 1945. Was it his ghost?

Don't think that they've done anything with those witches/druids since this episode.

Comment

Season 6, episode 2.

At 28:53, I can swear that's a 21st century ladder in the early 1770s. Am still waiting for them to reach the American revolution.

Comment

Dear Brianna, you didn't invent matches. You were born and raised in the 20th century (where matches were a common thing). You used century old knowledge to manifacture them.

Comment

Season 6, episode 3.

Okay, so we're up to December of 1773.

Must say that having characters read about historical events, in the newspaper, as they've just happened (in a show featuring time travel), rather than bearing witness to them, is a bit of a nice change from the standard tales set in the past.

Comment

Season 6, episode 4.

Brianna sure is well-informed about Cherokee history, for someone who went to school in the 1950s and 1960s.

Comment

Season 6, episode 5.

Am quite curious about who this mysterious, apparent, time traveler is. And why was he after Flora MacDonald's necklace? (Or, at least, a part of it.) I just hope that there's more time spend on him, than some of the other time travelers who've passed through. For a show, that has got time travel at its core, it doesn't really do much with it.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 07-25-2022, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Season 6, episode 6.

I wonder if that disease was in the book, or if they threw that in, inspired by the pandemic. Claire gets a haircut. I'm assuming that it had to do with some other project, that Caitríona Balfe is doing/did around the time of filming. That is often why they have characters cut their hair. Mr. Gold on Once Upon a Time. Lionel Luthor on Smallville.

The new time traveler, teased last episode, is nowhere to be found. Instead, we get drama with that girl, who insists that Jamie is the father of her baby. And now she's dead. Given that the previous episode had her doing something, where she cut the fingers of a corpse, I really wanted to see them explain and explore that. With her now dead, it feels like it'll be something thrown into one episode, then never mentioned again (because the only one in the know is now dead). Any story relating to that girl will be the question of who killed her, not what she was up to with that corpse's fingers.
                Last edited by jon-el87; 04-12-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Season 6, episodes 7-8.

Okay, so we're not going to explore that new time traveler this season. It's a recurring theme really. They tease these other time travelers, but never do much with them. At times, time travel feels like an excuse to have a 20th century woman be able to go back in time and have sex with a hot, 18th century Scotsman. Of course, when it comes to the time traveling Native Americans, what can they do? Have them (who've gone back in time to prevent the future horrors of their peoples) be the antagonists, that the main characters have to stop from changing history? Meaning we'd be watching the supposed heroes of the show attempt to ensure that the Wounded Knee Massacre (among other events) happens. I'd not be so comfortable watching that.

Claire is accused of being a witch, yet again. I know that I shouldn't blame the victim, but she keeps doing things that gets her into these situations. This time it was cutting a baby out of a dead woman's stomach (despite it obviously being a futile gesture. The mother might've been dead too long, or the baby's too premature to survive. Especially in the 1770s).
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 07-25-2022, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Starz announces its series Outlander will end after the premiere of Season 8 and officially gives the greenlight to the prequel Blood of my Blood.

Starz confirmed Outlander had been renewed for an eighth and final season.

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the streaming service announced the time-traveling romance series based on Diana Gabaldon's books would air 10 episodes for its final season. "For nearly a decade, Outlander has won the hearts of audiences worldwide, and we're pleased to bring Claire and Jamie's epic love story to a proper conclusion," said Kathryn Busby, president of original programming at Starz. However, the Scottish franchise isn't over. Starz officially ordered the prequel series, Outlander: Blood of my Blood. The upcoming show will follow the love story between Jamie Fraser's parents, Brian Fraser and Ellen MacKenzie.
                    Yeah, it probably is time to wrap things up.

The premise for the spin-off doesn't sound too interesting. Another period love story, only now without the time travel aspect (that the show never really did much with).

Comment

Comment

Season 7, episode 1.

Well, at least we now know the identity of the time traveler from last season.

I wonder if the opening hanging was just a dream, or a clip from a future episode?

Comment

Season 7, episode 2.

Looks like we've finally gotten to the reported fire, that Claire and Jamie are supposedly going to die in.

I like the development of Breanna and Roger (+ kids) heading back to their own time. Because the show rarely does something related to the time travel, despite it being at its core. Like I've noted above: at times, time travel feels like an excuse to have a 20th century woman be able to go back in time and have sex with a hot, 18th century Scotsman. Now we will have storylines set in different time periods.

Comment

Season 7, episode 3.

Ah, we've finally reached 1776... only for the characters to decide to go back to Scotland. I hope that they don't do a massive timejump to 1783.

Comment

Season 7, episode 4.

Good to see them staying in America. We see a copy of the Declaration of Independence posted. Thought it was funny, given that July 4th was mere days before the airing of this episode.

I wonder if William will turn from serving England to joining the revolution. I also wonder if Jemmy's claims are true. After all, we're sometimes teased of supernatural elements (beyond time travel), so there might be something out there.

Comment

Season 7, episode 6.

No idea if the man at the end is supposed to be someone we have seen before. Got a weird theory, seeing as this is a time travel show, that he is the future version of Roger and Brianna's son.

Liked Roger's Gaelic lesson. It hit close to home for someone who does every now and then makes attempts to reclaim the language of his own ancestors.

I like the ackowledgement of France's involvement in the American revolution. The truth is that American couldn't have won the war for independence without the help of France.

On another matter, I wonder how the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes will affect this show? This is after all an American-British co-production, that is filmed in Scotland (even the scenes set in America). Which unions are everyone's contracts under?
                                Last edited by jon-el87; 07-29-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎