No announcement yet.

Season 7 contract negotiations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 7 contract negotiations

The Vampire Diaries' days may be numbered—if one of the show's main stars doesn't come around.

The core TVD trio—Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley—have been in talks with the studio, and so far, only two of the three actors have signed on for a seventh season, E! News has learned. The remaining star (either Nina, Ian or Paul) is unsure whether he or she wants to continue, according to multiple inside sources familiar with the talks. (Warner Bros. does not comment on contract negotiations.)

If all three main actors (Nina, Ian and Paul) were to sign on for a season seven, the show would have a good shot at a seventh season pickup. We also hear it's possible that the network would consider continuing the show without all three stars, shifting the focus to some of the other beloved characters.

Getting flashbacks to how I personally felt Smallville suffered after Michael Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk left, no matter how beloved those who remained were, something felt not right without them around.

Although, it might help that Elena, Stefan, and Damon have become my least favorite characters on the show... either way, I'd almost rather they just do a spin-off with remaining characters like Caroline, Jeremy, Alaric, etc.

Also, thought I read somewhere that the holdout was Paul Wesley. Is that true or not?

Comment

Ian suggests the show will end at Season 6.

The Vampire Diaries could end after its upcoming sixth season, star Ian Somerhalder has hinted.

"It very well could be our last [season]," the actor said. "I think now that there's a finality to it, everyone's really realizing that this is a very important time in our lives. We created some very cool storytelling."

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎