No announcement yet.

Nick Blood cast as Lance Hunter and Mockingbird coming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Blood cast as Lance Hunter and Mockingbird coming

Is S.H.I.E.L.D. destined to meet S.T.R.I.K.E.?
    It was announced on Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con panel for ABC’sMarvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that the role of Lance Hunter has been cast for Season 2, to be played by British actor Nick Blood.
    RELATED Can TV’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Not Reassemble Until the May 2015 AvengersSequel?
    Hunter, per Marvel comic lore, has served as director of S.T.R.I.K.E. (Special Tactical Reserve for International Key Emergencies), a sort of across-the-pond version of S.H.I.E.L.D. Executive producer Jeffrey Bell however described Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s take on the character as a “mercenary” Coulson meets “who comes in and helps the team.”
    Again per lore, Hunter counts among his acquaintances S.H.I.E.L.D.’s British liaison, Comtessa Allegra de Fontaine — whom some of you out there suspected-slash-hoped Lucy Lawless would be playing. But it was announced at Comic-Con that Lawless instead is playing Isabel Hartly, a veteran S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. “She’s tough,” said EP Maurissa Tancharoen. “She may have a knife that’s always by her side.”
    RELATED Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Clark Gregg Weighs In on Coulson’s New Gig
    Blood’s TV credits include ITV’s The Bletchley Circle (where he played detective constable Ben Gladstone ), the Sky1 sitcom Trollied and BBC Three’s Him & Her.
    The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. launch their sophomore mission on Tuesday, Sept. 23, now airing at 9/8c.

Is S.H.I.E.L.D. destined to meet S.T.R.I.K.E.? It was announced on Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con panel for ABC‘s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that the role of Lance Hunter has been cast for Season 2, to be played by British actor Nick Blood. RELATED Can TV’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Not Reassemble Until the May 2015 Avengers Sequel? […]

What’s better than seeing Patton Oswalt at Comic-Con? How about
    two Patton Oswalts. Or even better than that: Two Patton Oswalts revealing a new Marvel character to be introduced next season on Agents of SHIELD.
    Barbara Morse — aka Mockingbird! For fans of the comics, she’s a SHIELD field agent who used the costumed identity of the Huntress and also Mockingbird (comics image below). Check out the video from Oswalt to theSHIELD fans in Ballroom 20 and there’s more to come from Marvel’s TV panel at Comic-Con…updates to come…Below is an EW exclusive video that just played at Marvel’s TV panel at the San Diego fan convention where Oswalt — as his recent SHIELD guest-star role of Agent Koenig — reveals that next season SHIELD will add…

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/25/agents-of-shield-season-2-patton-oswalt/

Mockingbird!!! Anna Torv would be perfect. I could see Laura Vandervoot too, but I would perfer Torv. As far as a Whedon alum...ummm....Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Comment

Kyle MacLachlan will portray a character called "The Doctor".

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Kyle MacLachlan will portray a character called "The Doctor".
        I posted a new thread about it he is supposed to be Skye's father based on what TV Line is reporting.

Comment

Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Mockingbird.

Comment

I take it, she was finally tired of being the "almost" girl of DC (between "Kara" on Smallville and WW in the failed pilot).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              I take it, she was finally tired of being the "almost" girl of DC (between "Kara" on Smallville and WW in the failed pilot).
              She was also Nadia in "Mercy Reef" Aquaman Pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                She was also Nadia in "Mercy Reef" Aquaman Pilot.
                I'm not counting that one. With the other two, she originally had a shot at playing one out of three DC heroines: Supergirl, Power Girl (as "Kara from Krypton" can refer to either character) and Wonder Woman. But, the WW pilot was terrible (and dropped like a hot potato) and Smallville chose to go with Laura Vandervoort's Kara, instead of bringing back "Kara"/Lindsey (one could argue that there are enough variations of the Supergirl/Power Girl mythos, to still have allowed her to be one of them, despite the reveal that she wasn't a Kryptonian named "Kara", but a human named "Lindsey Harrison").

Comment

Palicki was one of top actresses considers for Gamora as was Rosario Dawson. Marvel must have been impressed by both of them.

Palicki is not first choice for Mockingbird but it is not a terrible choice either. Having watched the wonder woman pilot her acting was not much of a problem as the script was a sexist piece of cow dung. Plus a third identity, I mean really?

Comment

First look at Lance Hunter:
                    [IMG]http://img1.*****.nocookie.net/__cb20140904174432/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/f/fa/Lance_Hunter.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

First look at Bobbie Morse:
                      [IMG]http://img4.*****.nocookie.net/__cb20140924150938/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/9/95/Bobbi_Morse.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

[SPOILER]According to ew.com, Bobbi Morse is the head of Hydra's security.[/SPOILER]

Comment

You're joking right?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

From CBR:

Although she hasn't yet appeared on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," actress Adrianne Palicki has reportedly discussed her character of Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird appearing as part of The Avengers. While speaking with IGN, Palicki stated that Mockingbird possibly being a part of the big-screen superhero team was brought up when she was cast in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" second season.

"Absolutely -- that was one of the things that was discussed when I was coming on for the part, and you know, we'll see what happens," Palicki told IGN. "It's such a nice world that we live in that crossover can happen so often now which in the past it never really did so, to see these worlds come together on the small screen and the big screen is really cool."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎