X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shazam

"All you have to do is say the word..."

All but confirms it....

Check his interview with Total Film here:

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson all but reveals his DC movie role, and very heavily teases a possible 'Shazam' movie.

It could either be Shazam or Black Adam they both have to say Shazam for their powers to activate. They also both have Strength that could rival Superman.

I think most are guessing it is Shazam because he is the hero and therefore be in multiple movies since it is rare for a villain to appear in multiple movies in the same universe, there are some exceptions but mostly villains in movies are only in just the one film.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
      It could either be Shazam or Black Adam they both have to say Shazam for their powers to activate. They also both have Strength that could rival Superman.

I think most are guessing it is Shazam because he is the hero and therefore be in multiple movies since it is rare for a villain to appear in multiple movies in the same universe, there are some exceptions but mostly villains in movies are only in just the one film.
      True enough, and well said.

I've actually heard rumors of him being Black Adam a lot more than Shazam, so you could be right. I think he would make a great charismatic villain, would look the part (seen a great photoshop fan pic before) and would also go against the normal typecast for The Rock as well.

Comment

Johnson is tough for me. I love the guy, but I can't see beyond HIM, and so I almost don't want him in a part of a superhero. I think he overshadows the lesser known hero.

If he's going to be a superhero, he should just be The Rock . Literally, just have The Rock join the Justice League. (I'm only half-kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          Johnson is tough for me. I love the guy, but I can't see beyond HIM, and so I almost don't want him in a part of a superhero. I think he overshadows the lesser known hero.

If he's going to be a superhero, he should just be The Rock . Literally, just have The Rock join the Justice League. (I'm only half-kidding)
          LOL, I pretty much feel the same way about him. Its not his fault, but he's larger than life, so its hard to not get taken out of the movie or disappear into his character like you can for others... I did actually have that happen watching "Pain and Gain" though, that was easily the best role I have seen him in.

Hoping he can pull it off again in the DCU.

Comment

On the character side as opposed the actor side, I also have a hard time picturing Shazam in the DCU they have going so far.

Doesn't seem to fit the "grounded" approach, and hard to imagine a little kid who meets a wizard and turns into a superhero by saying a magical word fitting in with MoS tone right now...

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
              On the character side as opposed the actor side, I also have a hard time picturing Shazam in the DCU they have going so far.

Doesn't seem to fit the "grounded" approach, and hard to imagine a little kid who meets a wizard and turns into a superhero by saying a magical word fitting in with MoS tone right now...
              I don't think it would fit in well the current MoS tone but given the multiple movies that are planned to come out before Shazam in the DCU not to mention the other films that Johnson has been announced to be starring in, I think it gives them plenty of time to work a slight basis in.

As for him playing Shazam, I do struggle to see him portray that role as Capt. Marvel is usually rather childish in his action's/thought/the way he speaks and picturing Johnson like that just seems off to me. I think he would make a much better Black Adam then Capt. Marvel though I wouldn't put it past him to be able to pull off Capt. Marvel rather well as he's become a rather talented actor in my opinion.

Comment

What grounded approach there's a guy flying and he's from another planet.

Comment

At this point, The Rock is a superhero in all but name ... although it would be totally believable for Supes or Bats to say: "We need to bring in the heavy hitters on this *dramatic pause* It's time to call in ... The Rock!!!"

It wouldn't be a stretch to give him his own powers:

"Endurance of the Undertaker!"
                  "Speed of the Scorpion (King)!"
                  "Flight of the Tooth Fairy!"

Yeah, that last one was bad ... but it's late.

Comment

It's tough. You're right. The tones don't seem to match. But maybe that's the point. Maybe the juxtaposition of the two will create an interesting dynamic... and commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      At this point, The Rock is a superhero in all but name ... although it would be totally believable for Supes or Bats to say: "We need to bring in the heavy hitters on this *dramatic pause* It's time to call in ... The Rock!!!"

It wouldn't be a stretch to give him his own powers:

"Endurance of the Undertaker!"
                      "Speed of the Scorpion (King)!"
                      "Flight of the Tooth Fairy!"

Yeah, that last one was bad ... but it's late.
                      Kinda feels like "build your character mode" in a WWE wrestling game.

Comment

I could see him play both parts though leaning more towards Black Adam.

Maybe cast Vin Diesel as Shazam and The Rock as Adam!

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                          I don't think it would fit in well the current MoS tone but given the multiple movies that are planned to come out before Shazam in the DCU not to mention the other films that Johnson has been announced to be starring in, I think it gives them plenty of time to work a slight basis in.
                          You know the DC lineup already?

The only thing I have seen is the leaked list of DC projects courtesy of Nikke Finke (though her last scoop turned out false...) BUT this one was confirmed by Kevin Smith as well....) and it goes:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
                          July 2016 – Shazam
                          Xmas 2016 – Sandman
                          May 2017 – Justice League
                          July 2017 – Wonder Woman
                          Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
                          May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

Obviously this may turn out to be BS, but we may also be getting a Captain Marvel movie much sooner than one may think.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                            What grounded approach there's a guy flying and he's from another planet.
                            LOL, I get your point... but obviously there is a more grounded approach being taken, even if the story itself is much more fantastical.

See: The Dark Knight trilogy.

Comment

You know the DC lineup already?

The only thing I have seen is the leaked list of DC projects courtesy of Nikke Finke (though her last scoop turned out false...) BUT this one was confirmed by Kevin Smith as well....) and it goes:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
                              July 2016 – Shazam
                              Xmas 2016 – Sandman
                              May 2017 – Justice League
                              July 2017 – Wonder Woman
                              Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
                              May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

Obviously this may turn out to be BS, but we may also be getting a Captain Marvel movie much sooner than one may think.
                              I don't know the exact line up but I was under the impression that Shazam wouldn't be out until '17 at the earliest from things I had read here and there and that there would be at least 1 or 2 other DC movies before it.
                              Also based on when Batman v Superman was started filming and it not being scheduled for a 2016 release date I can't see them getting Shazam done around the same time given Johnson already currently filming another movie and then there being another movie after that he has to film. So his 2 project's before Shazam would probably be the best part of 8 months of filming at least (most likely more), add in a month break between his project's and then what would most likely be 4+ months of filming for Shazam and I struggle to see it getting out as it's currently scheduled if he is a part of it. Though that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎