Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke Cage (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD and JJ were great. LC has a tough act to follow, but I have high hopes and optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      DD and JJ were great. LC has a tough act to follow, but I have high hopes and optimism.
      Netflix hasn't given us any reason to doubt them but rather reinforced why we can trust them to deliver on their promise. For now, until they screw things up, I'm going to give them my trust and await additional shows and seasons with high hopes and optimism.

Comment

First Images From the Set:

Comment

After watching Jessica Jones, I'm even more excited to see Luke Cage. I knew nothing of Jessica Jones but I loved the series. It was new (not like Daredevil, which I had familiarity with but still loved it as well) and I'll admit I only watched it for Luke Cage. Mike Coulter did not disappoint. I love how they portrayed his story and his powers. I will be chomping at the bit for Luke's series to come out, as well as Iron Fist (love me some Kung fu).

I know that people wanted guys like Terry Crews to be Cage but you have to admit, they knocked it out of the park with Coulter.

Also I love how these series are intertwined yet, so distinctly different as well.

Comment

In a Los Angeles Time interview, Colter stated this about the series :

“Luke Cage is going to have soul, it’s going to have intensity, it’s going to have dark parts to it. I think what’s going to make it unique is also the musicality of it. There’s going to be a musical taste that you found a little bit in Jessica. It defines itself through sound that you can feel when you’re watching the scenes, whether it’s something that’s actually a song that they’re playing or actually just the pulse of the music that they choose thematically. Luke Cage is going to define itself in that way, and it’s going to define itself in the locations that we’re doing. It’s no secret that you’re going to find Luke Cage uptown after the [Jessica Jones] series is over, so the things that happen to him and Jessica will affect him. And then when you find him months later in Harlem, you’ll see him in a different setting. That’s going to be a setting that’s surrounded with different characters and different light all unto itself.”

And staying faithful to the source material he added:

“I’ll say it this way. The writers have been very clever and very on point with the way they allowed this to be grounded in realism [while] paying homage to the comic book and what comic book fans know to be their world. We’re trying to bring it to the screen. I think we’re going to satisfy everyone. We’re not going to give them exactly what they want, but I think everyone will be ecstatic about what we’re willing to do for them. We know what side our bread is buttered on. To try and not give the fans what they want would be a mistake;that being said, it’s going to be a unique way of delivering it. But they’re going to get what they want eventually.”

Comment

The series has a premiere date of: September 30th

Comment

Set Photos Reveal Villain [SPOILER]Diamondback[/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 08-09-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

A new clip!

Comment

Fools gonna pay for shootin' up my boy's hoodie.

Also, and I say this with a long history of staunch heterosexuality, Colter is one handsome son of a gun. Him, Cavill, Evans, and Hemsworth give the actual comics a run for their money.

Comment

New Claire Temple & Misty Knight posters: http://daredeviltv.net/ladies-justic...-cage-posters/

Comment

2 Days left before we finally get to see the next great superhero show on TV making Netflix hold the top 3 podium places.

Comment

So far, the reviews have all been positive. Sounds like the Netflix/Marvel combo has done it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                                So far, the reviews have all been positive. Sounds like the Netflix/Marvel combo has done it again.
                                I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎