Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke Cage (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfre Woodard is nearing a deal to play a key role in the series. Woodard will co-star as Minetta, a powerful woman in local politics who will have an impact on Luke Cage’s life and who may or may not be a version of the Marvel villain Black Mariah.

Comment

Rosario Dawson will be reprising her Daredevil role on Luke Cage, and Theo Rossi has also joined the cast.

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 09-03-2015, 12:51 PM. Reason: Changing to ksitetv link

Comment

Marvel’s Luke Cage has found its Cottonmouth....Mahershala Ali (House Of Cards, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) has landed the role of Cornell “Cottonmouth” Stokes; a Harlem nightclub owner, Stokes will become an unexpected foe in Luke’s life when Stokes’ criminal activities threaten Luke’s world.

Comment

From CBR:

Frank Whaley, known for his roles in "Swimming with Sharks," "Pulp Fiction" and "Under the Dome," has joined the rapidly expanding cast of Marvel's Netflix drama "Luke Cage."

Deadline reports he'll play Detective Rafael Scarfe, who in Marvel comics was Misty Knight's hard-nosed NYPD partner and frequent ally of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Created by Chris Claremont and Pat Broderick, Scarfe eventually went rogue.

Comment

The more about this show comes out, the more excited I become. After how well Daredevil looked and how addictive it was, I cannot wait see what they do with Luke Cage!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
                The more about this show comes out, the more excited I become. After how well Daredevil looked and how addictive it was, I cannot wait see what they do with Luke Cage!
                I loved Luke Cage on "Jessica Jones", and I cannot wait to see him in his own series! Mike Colter portrays him with an almost perfect mix of raw strength and vulnerability. I hope that Jessica will turn up in on his show as well, since I found their complex romance/relationship fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
                  I loved Luke Cage on "Jessica Jones", and I cannot wait to see him in his own series! Mike Colter portrays him with an almost perfect mix of raw strength and vulnerability. I hope that Jessica will turn up in on his show as well, since I found their complex romance/relationship fascinating.
                  Luke Cage is going to be the next slamdunk by Marvel and also be the first show that Marvel brings that will one up DC by revealing a superhero of color in the lead after just missing out for the first female lead with Jessica Jones a few weeks behind Supergirl. If Marvel continues this high quality work on Netflix the ONLY drawback I see will be to much time between seasons since they drop everything at once instead of spoon feeding us with a teaspoon (1 episode a week for 6-7 months).

Comment

I just started on Jessica Jones myself, got through the first episode, which was a little heavy for me and while I do like the actor, I haven't gotten enough of a feel for his character, though I do think I like him well enough though.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!
                    Last edited by Dagenspear; 11-22-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I've never read any of the Luke Cage comics, but I thought the fellow playing him on J.J. was the only bright spot of Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                        I've never read any of the Luke Cage comics, but I thought the fellow playing him on J.J. was the only bright spot of Jones.
                        I won't be able to tell how accurate the shows remain to any of the three comics (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist) since I haven't read any of them but I found Jessica Jones a very well written and executed series and Mike Colter did a great job IMO of portraying Luke Cage that I believe his show will be just as good. I hope they'll be able to capture the mysticism of Iron Fist in a believable way which is actually my only worry for these shows, that will show us if they'd be able to pull off just about any other characters into this much more violent and mature part of the MCU.

Comment

I don't know anything about these Marvel characters beyond the animated series that have featured these characters but, I love Luke's characterization in Jessica Jones. As was already mentioned, he's got a great balance of vulnerability and strength. I'm sure his show will be another great addition to the Marvel-Netflix series' lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            I don't know anything about these Marvel characters beyond the animated series that have featured these characters but, I love Luke's characterization in Jessica Jones. As was already mentioned, he's got a great balance of vulnerability and strength. I'm sure his show will be another great addition to the Marvel-Netflix series' lineup.
                            I grew up with Daredevil so I knew about him and knew what I wanted to see from the series and wasn't disappointed in the least, even as a 8 year old this is what I envisioned DD to be (admitted the violence is a bit much for kids but the storyline was EXACTLY what I envisioned). I read a couple of issues of the Defenders but not many, the others are all new for me so I did just enough research to know who is who and a little bit of a backstory on how they got their powers and what they are but aside from that I want to give the show the freedom of making me what to see more of them on their own merit.

Comment

Sonia Braga has been cast as Claire Temple's mother; both of whom will appear in this series.
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-24-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                                If Marvel continues this high quality work on Netflix the ONLY drawback I see will be to much time between seasons since they drop everything at once instead of spoon feeding us with a teaspoon (1 episode a week for 6-7 months).
                                I can see them working around this by having each show come out 3-4 months apart. It will still be a long time between each season but it won't seem as long given that we will start talking about the next show.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎