Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things we don't want to see in Season 3 !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we don't want to see in Season 3 !!!

So as season 3 is nearing, people have started to speculate things that will happen in season 3 and the things that they want to happen in season 3 and this made me think of some things that I and you guys don't want to see happen in season 3!... so PLZ comment your ' Things we don't wanna see in season 3 ' as i love hearing and reading other peoples ideas and speculations as it makes all of us think and interact with each other more!!! and can you guys also comment on other things i forgot to mention PLZ...

**READ!** So below will be my things i don't wanna see in season 3... and if you are going to comment then make sure that you comment your ideas in a list like i have done and make sure that you also state your reason as to why you don't want to see that thing in season 3... so basically comment your ideas exactly how i made my list!... and the list should have no specific order (like best to worst or the ones you would not like to see in season 3 the most, so just a random order PLZ!)

1) New additions to the lair: As i think the arrow cave/lair is big enough and i/most people like the arrow cave when there is only team arrow and an extra person in the arrow lair so new additions would be overkill and would take out scenes with team arrow in it! (and we all love the team arrow scene interactions as Diggle and Felicity are awesome!) Basically more additions to the lair would cut away time from Team Arrow's story lines/interactions!

2) Felicity's backstory written poorly: As i can saw without doubt that Felicity's character has grown upon us arrow fans and the producer's bigger than we expected and Felicity has come a long way on arrow since the beginning and a lot of arrow fans have come to appreciate and love Felicity which would be very disappointing to us if her character was written poorly and we would be very disappointed if this happened!

4) Oliver not being written as a likeable protagonist: As Oliver has surprisingly received a lot of character hate by arrow fans as sometimes Oliver can be seen as a ' man whore ' or a douchebag or a cheater etc and i think it is because of the way that he was written by the producers in some situations on this tv show. And since Oliver is the protagonist, he should automatically be a likeable character, but i definitely believe that the producers have every character under control in season 3

5) Oliver being poor too long: I mean, its fine if Oliver is poor for a short while, and us as an audience clearly know that Oliver has been perfectly fine without his wealth sometimes, but Oliver needs his money to have basically everything he has as a hero right now (arrows, his cave, his bow (if he needs a replacement, his persona as a rich billionaire playboy, his other fancy gadgets and stuff, etc). So i think that he should be poor for a very short while but not too long otherwise it will defeat his persona of being Oliver Queen, a rich billionaire playboy...

6) Roy going through another ' Royd-Rage ' time: This is self explanatory as basically all or most of the fans of arrow talked about how Roy was such a baby and a wimp and annoying when he was going through his 'Royd-Rage ' stage and i think i can say that we all agree as he just annoyed me in his Royd Rage stage but i have faith in the producers of Arrow that Roy will not be written as a wimp and an annoying baby as he is said to become a lot stronger/tougher in both a physical and emotional sense as Arrows future sidekick!

7) Quentin Lance dying!: Must i explain why... Quentin's character has grown soo much since he started helping the Arrow outs he finally realised that he is trying to help this city and Quentin's character is one of the only logical, awesome and humble/fair characters. As in season 2, Quentin always put every character in their places when some characters were wrong/being jerks and i loved the scene where Quentin told Laurel the reason as to why he doesn't wanna know who the Arrow is... and Quentin is also like the Commisionor Gordon to Batman type deal in the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy movies with Christian Bale as Batman... and plus Oliver also needs support/help from the police to help the city so Quentin is needed!.

8) season 2 type complaining and annoying Laurel: I can say this without doubt that sometimes in season 2, i literally tuned out of watching because Laurel's character was soo annoying, time consuming, life force sucking, and all around a total waste of arrow as he character at some points in arrow season 2 was written that poorly. I honestly blame the producers of arrow for writing Laurel really bad sometimes but i gotta admit that it was hard for them to form Laurel sometimes in season 2 as she had nothing to do and they didn't need her sometimes in season 2 but they still had to include her sometimes... but as usual, i have faith in the producers as in an interview they said that Laurel's character will change into a much likeable character in arrow season 3!! as i really want to like Laurel but it is sometimes hard to like Laurel's character...

9) ' Olicity ' (Oliver and Felicity as a couple), to happen/form really bad: As i am a huge Olicity shipper myself and i definitely know that Olicity is happening in either season 3 or very very very early season 4 (definitely season 3 in think) and so I'm hoping that the beginning of Olicity and the rest will be written very well as i have been impatiently waiting and loving the slow burn of soon to be Olicity and so i hope it is written and that Olicity happens perfectly !!!!!

10) Thea's character to be written poorly: As Thea's character has been craftily setup for a new stage in her life in a very smart was and so Thea's character has multiple options as to where her character goes in season 3! and so i really hope that her character is written properly and not crap/cheesy. Because if the producers write Thea's character properly, then her character could be a really awesome character in season 3 and that is what I'm hoping for

11) Diggle and ' HIVE ' story arc to be written poorly!: Because in the 'Diggle-centric' episode in season 2 (the one where Team Arrow and Isabel Rochev go to Russia and Oliver sleeps with Isabel), Deadshot tells Diggle that Deadshot was hired by a company named ' HIVE' to kill Diggle's brother! and so this has setup an awesome and epic story line/arc for Diggle and HIVE !!! which could be epicly awesome or horrible if not written well and i reality cannot wait to see what happens with Diggle and HIVE !!!

12) Arrow's enemies to be scripted really bad: As there were a couple of really cool villains in season 3 that were just written poorly and are used just so Oliver could kick some guys ass and stuff (like: Clock King, Shrapnel, Isabel Rochev, etc) and especially villains like Clock King and Shrapnel who had soo much potential to be epic villains in season 2, but their poor written characters meant that they were pointless villains who deserved a better plot against Arrow as they are serious comic book badass villains!.. so i hope that season 3 has more cooler and badass villains in it that are not written pointlessly and just so Oliver can kick some ass. Because if Oliver needs to kick some pointless villains ass', then they need to make sure that the villains that Oliver is going to do that on are actually not big comic book villains and just some pointless goons or bad guards... (if you understand what i am saying)...

13) Not enough Olicity burn: As i and my fellow Olicity fans have been waiting for Olicity slowly and painfully (but its a good burn) for a while now and i really loved and enjoyed the teases and burns of Olicity in season 2 and I'm gonna really love the Olicity teases and burns in season 3!!! so i hope that the Arrow producers really bring on the Olicity teases/references/burns!

14) LOVE TRIANGLES!: Because i can say without doubt that the love triangles in arrow season 1 and 2 were horribly written and annoyed the helll outta all of us! and so if there are any horribly written love triangles in season 3, then I'm gonna be really disappointed and one possible love triangle in season 3 could be between Oliver, Laurel and Felicity and this triangle would utterly kill me and make me very angrily disappointed with Arrow as i am starting to like and appreciate Laurel and i already love Felicity and i ship Olicity and so this triangle for example would piss me... but maybe somehow a love triangle could be written good, but that never usually happens so it all depends on which path the producer of arrow take these charcters on...

15) general plot holes: As plot holes are really annoying and make me angry and stuff...

I agree with your point about Oliver being likeable but I don't see that happening with regard to the flashbacks. I think this season (flashback wise) we will see Oliver become the person he was at the start of Season One. Unless the writers decide to speed up the flashbacks considerably we are going to be seeing a lot of the "bad" version of Oliver from at least Season Three to Season Five. Oliver stabbing Slade in the eye with an arrow at the end of Season Two was just the start...

Comment

- Less dramatic Thea, less dramatic Laurel, less dramatic Felicity, more Diggle, more Anatoly and more Quentin.

- More consistency in the way the characters are written. There was a fair amount of flip flopping this season, especially on the killing topic.

- Team Arrow's chemistry has to revert back to the way it was in season 1. Which basically means just 3 members, Diggle with a more prominent role and Felicity with a more marginalized one.

- Keep the island storyline entirely separate from the present day storylines.

- If they won't pull the trigger on a romantic relationship, they should stop teasing it. There was a ton of this in Season 2 and it got tiresome.

- Keep Oliver girlfriend free for the season.

Yeah I know. The last two have a fat chance of happening.

Comment

I don't want Laurel. Or at the very least i don't want her to become the canary.

I DEFINITELY don't want Sara to die.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          - Less dramatic Thea, less dramatic Laurel, less dramatic Felicity, more Diggle, more Anatoly and more Quentin.

- More consistency in the way the characters are written. There was a fair amount of flip flopping this season, especially on the killing topic.

- Team Arrow's chemistry has to revert back to the way it was in season 1. Which basically means just 3 members, Diggle with a more prominent role and Felicity with a more marginalized one.

- Keep the island storyline entirely separate from the present day storylines.

- If they won't pull the trigger on a romantic relationship, they should stop teasing it. There was a ton of this in Season 2 and it got tiresome.

- Keep Oliver girlfriend free for the season.

Yeah I know. The last two have a fat chance of happening.
          Pretty much everything you said! My only objection would be the part about Team Arrow. I don't mind if the team expands to include Laurel as well. I don't think that she has to be in the "Arrowcave all the time, but I want her to be a part of the team's crime fighting acitivites. She has been left out of the loop for two seasons already, and now that she knows that Oliver is the Arrow it's only natural that she would want to help him, either as an inside person at the DA's office or in her capacity as the (future) Black Canary.

Besides, I don't think that it's possible to go back to the so-called "original team" anyway, since Roy Harper has already joined Ollie's team. I would also like to add that Felicity/Ollie/Diggle is not really the original team: in the beginning it was only Diggle and Ollie, and Felicity didn't join until the "Odyssey" episode. And let's not forget that Laurel was actually the first one to cooperate with the Hood in his crime-fighting activities, so she has already been a part of his team.

In general it annoys me a bit when parts of the fandom talk about "Team Arrow" as if it were some kind of kabbal or exclusive club reserved for Oliver, Felicity and Diggle (where Diggle lots of times only seems to serve as some kind of third wheel or "honorary shipper" for the Olicity pairing). Shows evolve and change over time, and if the show really were to go back to its original roots, it would only be Ollie and Diggle, or Oliver all by his lonesome.

I would also prefer if the writers toned down the "ship tease" and either let both Felicity and Laurel remain on friendly terms with Oliver, or let Oliver and Felicity have a proper romance, rather than the half-assed "will they won't they" pseudo-romance they've been giving us all through season two. Olicity fans like to talk about a "slow burn", but I think Felicity deserves better than to pine for Oliver while he continues to have various love interests or one-night stands (Isabel, Sara). If Oliver's feelings for Felicity are more than platonic it would IMHO be better if the writers let them move on to something more serious in season three, rather than just continue to tease a possible Olicity romance forever. Although I like the Laurel/Oliver pairing I would actually prefer if Laurel and Oliver could remain on friendly terms, since they still have so many issues to resolve. I would even say that they work better as friends than as a romantic couple... and if Stephen/Katie are released from acting the "epic lovers" their interaction might become less angsty and more fun and relaxed.

Finally, I don't want Diggle to continue to be sidelined like he was all through season two. One or two "Diggle-centric" episodes won't help if his role in the remaining episodes is reduced to stand around with a smile on his lips or deliver a few lines of expositional dialogue. I would definitely prefer to see fewer "guest stars" and more of the Diggle/Ollie interaction/bromance that we had in season one.
          Last edited by evaba; 06-09-2014, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Things I do NOT want to see:

1. Merlyn as the main villain. Yes I realize he's coming in as a main character. But to me, his story as "the bad guy" was told and finished in season 1. Keep him as a more "behind the scenes/in the shadows" kind of guy. Use him to guide Thea into becoming Artemis or something. Maybe have the every odd "reluctant" team up between Oliver and Merlyn, even. But as a main villain? No thanks.

2. Solomon Grundy forgotten. We've seen his set up early on in season 2. Time to bring on the big Zombie.

3. Less Deadshot. I'm dreading that as the show progresses we'll see less of him and the suicide squad, for that matter. It should NOT happen. And darn it, give us Harley!

4. Ra's as a no-show. It should be pretty apparent by now that he exists in this universe (thanks to the League of Assassins AND Nyssa). Talia might not be a bad idea either. He SHOULD get at least an episode or two on screen, maybe as a season finale and/or opener?

5. Characters with nothing to do. This was a HUGE problem with Laurel and a big reason why I grew to dislike her. It just seemed the writers had no clue what to do with her thanks to Oliver's ever growing list of lovers. So they just randomly decided to give her the "drugs are bad kids, m'kay?" episodes. Ok...

6. Lack of Super powers. A touchy subject, I know. But with Flash's intro and, well, let's face it: This IS DC. It's time to bring them in. I hope to god that one day we get at least an episode or two of JLA related material, but if it ever does then they need to stop being bashful about the subject and dive in already. It's a comic book show, nothing more or less. Embrace it. Smallville did and it was enjoyable for what it was (albeit dragged out too long, I agree).

Comment

Things I don't want to happen:

-Olicity happening : honestly, this storyline became overboring and uninteresting. It comes from nowhere, elephant in the room, not buying it. So odd.
              -Oliver having a girlfriend to cheat on, over and over again
              -Seeing Slade locked in his cell at the end of each episode
              -Put Laurel on the background when we all know what her destiny is
              -Sara coming back and reclaim her title of Canary
              -Seeing Deadshot, just for one or 2 episodes
              -Giving a costume to Roy while he hasn't start his training (so people agree with this and blame writers about Laurel underestimation or lack of training - see all discussions with the bow and arrow at the end of season 2- and when Laurel gets her own storyline they find it boring, when she helps - but not join - Team Arrow, the same complainers are back!)
              -Not giving Laurel canary cry by not making her own way on Central City (visit Dinah possibly)
              -Not showing Ra's Al Ghul while he's quite heavily talked (please Alexander Siddig for the part!)

Comment

While I don't think the melodrama angles will ever go away on Arrow (it is a "CW" show, with all the expectation for relationship drama this brand entails), I still think they need to tread carefully on all fronts, whether that means with Felicity, Laurel or any future potential love interest. Feeding shipper fever certainly did a disservice to many characters and their destinies on Smallville, and I don't want that to happen on Arrow. A case could be made that it already has, to some degree. Deathstroke's story arc was overall satisfying and arguably the best-developed for a major villain on the show, but even here the taint of melodrama -- with his misplaced love for Shado fueling his revenge -- affected his story.

I'm hoping the Malcolm - Thea subplot going forward won't be driven solely by the tired old secrets and lies angles.

I can live with Flash appearances as they share a universe, but the focus of the show should always be on Arrow and his team -- and not as a staging ground for multiple superhero appearances with no logical link to Ollie, Starling City and/or plotlines. SV got carried away with stacking the deck with multiple superheroes in its later seasons. Some worked in the SV universe, others not so much. In other words, I'll pass on superheroes who show up on Arrow for the sake of fan shout-outs and then are never seen again.

And less cameo appearance villains who do little to contribute beyond providing easter egg shout-outs. I'm looking at you China White, Bronze Tiger and (the late) Count Vertigo. Deadshot broke out of this mould with his Suicide Squad involvement, so let's hope they have learned their lesson here.

I also think we need to lose the notion that Team Arrow only means Ollie, Felicity and Diggle. This is largely a fan-driven concept. Once you consider Quentin, Roy, Sara, Sin ... this team actually extends beyond the alleged trinity. And if you want to count Nyssa's legions (who without their help, Ollie and Co. would be dead), Flash and now, Laurel, the definition of a "Team Arrow" can be interpreted in many ways. Ollie has shown that, as late as the second half of this season, he was more than willing to go it alone against Slade without help so the idea of a team is a fluid concept on the show.

Siddig would make an awesome Ra's Al Ghul, and I'd agree that the League of Assassins mythology and Ra's himself needs to be fleshed out more, if their intention is to make a big reveal this season. Even if it is a later-season reveal, the seeds need to be planted now ... not later. I think the moment Ollie invoked Ra's name, the expectation is that we're going to see him eventually. He's one of the most cunning and lethal foes in the DC universe -- any appearance on Arrow will need to live up to that.

Comment

NO MORE BATMAN VILLAINS!!!!!!! Seriously, I know Green Arrow's rogues gallery isn't as expansive as Batman's, but stop using another hero's villains if said hero won't even make a one-episode appearance! Make up new and original villains if necessary, I don't want to see Joker or Harley Quinn or Mad Hatter or anyone else from Batman next season.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that someone like the Joker won't be (shouldn't be!) on their radar. At all. He's the villain most closely linked to Batman and I'd agree he has no business being on a show where Batman doesn't appear, even more so now that Gotham is on-deck at FOX. Same with the Penguin now that he is going to be a character on Gotham too.

While Ra's Al Ghul is linked to the Batman universe, the Arrow series has handled his entry into their world with care, in general. And in the comics, Ra's Al Ghul has gone up against the entire Justice League before (JLA: Tower of Babel anyone?), so it's not like he's never interacted with non-Batman characters until Arrow.

Harley Quinn is actually part of the Suicide Squad in the comics, so there is a reason why she at least had a right to make a cameo appearance this season. But since she's so closely linked to Joker and the Batman universe, I would hope that she isn't going to be used just for the sake of fan / ratings shout-outs.

Deathstroke may be tied with the Batman universe (and, thus, to the Birds of Prey including Black Canary), but he's also closely linked not only to the Green Arrow but the Teen Titans as well so he's an antagonist of many DC superheroes.

I'm not as worried that there will be such a deluge of Batman villains on Arrow, now that Gotham is on-deck this fall. I'd think they get to call "dibs" on more than a few of them before Arrow gets a shot. If Arrow has a weakness, it's with the development of its own secondary villains. Few will get the chance to develop re: multi-season story arcs such as Malcolm and Deathstroke, so it's an issue they need to address a.s.a.p.

As long as Arrow doesn't go the SV route and overuse superheroes and villains for one-shot easter eggs or ratings gimmicks, it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      I think it's safe to say that someone like the Joker won't be (shouldn't be!) on their radar. At all. He's the villain most closely linked to Batman and I'd agree he has no business being on a show where Batman doesn't appear, even more so now that Gotham is on-deck at FOX. Same with the Penguin now that he is going to be a character on Gotham too.

While Ra's Al Ghul is linked to the Batman universe, the Arrow series has handled his entry into their world with care, in general. And in the comics, Ra's Al Ghul has gone up against the entire Justice League before (JLA: Tower of Babel anyone?), so it's not like he's never interacted with non-Batman characters until Arrow.

Harley Quinn is actually part of the Suicide Squad in the comics, so there is a reason why she at least had a right to make a cameo appearance this season. But since she's so closely linked to Joker and the Batman universe, I would hope that she isn't going to be used just for the sake of fan / ratings shout-outs.

Deathstroke may be tied with the Batman universe (and, thus, to the Birds of Prey including Black Canary), but he's also closely linked not only to the Green Arrow but the Teen Titans as well so he's an antagonist of many DC superheroes.

I'm not as worried that there will be such a deluge of Batman villains on Arrow, now that Gotham is on-deck this fall. I'd think they get to call "dibs" on more than a few of them before Arrow gets a shot. If Arrow has a weakness, it's with the development of its own secondary villains. Few will get the chance to develop re: multi-season story arcs such as Malcolm and Deathstroke, so it's an issue they need to address a.s.a.p.

As long as Arrow doesn't go the SV route and overuse superheroes and villains for one-shot easter eggs or ratings gimmicks, it should be fine.
                      well written and i totally agree with everything you said President_Luthor !!! , especially about how Arrow shouldn't go to the route of overusing superheroes and villians as it really annoys me when tv shows (like smallville) do that...

Comment

Originally posted by markom97

2) Felicity's backstory written poorly:
                        4) Oliver not being written as a likeable protagonist
                        5) Oliver being poor too long
                        7) Quentin Lance dying!
                        9) ' Olicity ' (Oliver and Felicity as a couple), to happen/form really bad
                        10) Thea's character to be written poorly: As Thea's character has been craftily setup for a new stage in her life in a very smart was and so Thea's character has multiple options as to where her character goes in season 3! and so i really hope that her character is written properly and not crap/cheesy. Because if the producers write Thea's character properly, then her character could be a really awesome character in season 3 and that is what I'm hoping for
                        13) Not enough Olicity burn
                        14) LOVE TRIANGLES
                        15) general plot holes: As plot holes are really annoying and make me angry and stuff...
                        I agree with all and especially those ones and I'm a honest oliciter.

I don't want Felicity's father to be a new villain or super-hero. I want "real life" bakstory for her. All her charm come from her "normality".

Oliver Being likeable : I think it will happen in the present and will be balanced by what we learn from the flashback. But it seems that I've read something about Oliver trying to become more human in S3.

I don't want Oliver to be poor because I don't want all the sets to change. We won't have the same lair and I don't want that in the same time we lose all the QC sets and the mansion. It would be to much change in the Arrow Spirit. (When they left the library in Buffy, things never had been the same).

I want Quentin alive !!!! what a poor cliffhanger !

We are going to have a love triangle with the new character Daniel I guess, but it's CW lol. (As we are in the spoilers section I guess I can mention Daniel, please tell me if I'm wrong or need a kind of spoiler tag).

General plot holes : I want to scream everytime I see Isabel name in the notebook.

Comment

General plot holes : I want to scream everytime I see Isabel name in the notebook.
                          Me, too! And if they are going to have another übervillain going after Ollie for personal reasons, please make his motivations a little less flimsy than Slade's! Even Manu himself was a bit perplexed that his burning love for Shado was supposed to be his main motivation for wanting to destroy Ollie's life:

What’s your personal opinion of Slade Wilson’s motivation for why he and Oliver Queen are enemies?

You know there was a development of storyline that had slight holes in it, you know. Like when the love story came up, you know it sort of happened without really developing the love story. Writers are trying to turn the page, sometimes they have to turn the page pretty quickly.

In that regard sometimes as actors who are very critical, I’m very critical about why I make a decision, you know. So I was trying to uphold the integrity of the character I was playing and try to work out how to manifest some of the lines that were starting to pop up on some of the actions that were starting to pop up. I was going ‘Whoa, we’re moving fast here guys’. When did I…what, wait I love Shado now? Okay I love her, okay okay.
                          This is taken from the 2014 Dallas Comic Con panel.

Comment

Originally posted by like a bird
                            Maybe Malcolm will talk about it in Season Three...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                              NO MORE BATMAN VILLAINS!!!!!!! Seriously, I know Green Arrow's rogues gallery isn't as expansive as Batman's, but stop using another hero's villains if said hero won't even make a one-episode appearance! Make up new and original villains if necessary, I don't want to see Joker or Harley Quinn or Mad Hatter or anyone else from Batman next season.
                              I'd actually love to see some original villains. I'd also like to see the occasional, normal bad guy, like those in Season 1. Don't get me wrong, I like the colorful comic book villains with a cool mask and a schtick, but in a television series it starts becoming predictable. Maybe every five episodes or so he could take down a slumlord or a stock swindler, even if it's just a small part of an occasional episode. I kind of miss the green eye paint and the notebook.

Things I don't want to see:

1. Much more of Sara
                              2. Laurel crying at the end of nearly every episode
                              3. Never knowing who Oliver is currently sleeping with
                              4. Killing off pivotal characters (Moira? Seriously?)
                              5. The unresolved tension between Felicity and Oliver (is it a crush or a big brother/little sister friendship? I hope for the latter.)

Things I want to see:

1. I want to know who Dinah Sr. is dating, and I want it to be good
                              2. Laurel in the DA's office, not a mask
                              3. Thea's character really fleshed out as something great
                              4. More of Walter Steele
                              5. Some comical reference about Starling City having a murder rate higher than Murder She Wrote's Cabot Cove.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎